US Indices Intra-day Trading for August 2003

cant beat that...did think about it for a minute....now I am long the SP at 87 on double bottom instead....

watch out for a sell off or an inversion in the final hour....there should be good points in it

2468steve said:
most powerful nation on earth...yes
wealthiest...$6.7trillion national debt and increasing,consumers borrowing more than saving..US households save 3% of disposable income and grow debt at 10%.....
"Basket case" refers to those willing to buy stock with an S&P500 PE of32.3.....
US biggest company GE was once the greatest manufacturer in the world,now just a glorified bank...

This is exactly what the UK is doing. Big Government deficits, big trade deficits (£4bn past 2 months.. that's near 5% of GDP on a pro rata basis) .. consumers uh.. consuming on borrowed time.. Even more so than the Americans I believe! £800bn in household debt, thats almost 80% of GDP. I'm amazed people still send us goods in return for paper backed against the price of our massively inflated house prices.

:confused:

Sunseeker,

Hi,

First of all are you Tom Houggard( apolgise if spelling incorrect|)
reason why ask, I noticed a reply from you a little while ago from yourself asking why they were calling you Tom.

If you are the one & only T H utmost respect my friend.

Wondered why you started out commenting on the Dow & now it appears that all your remarks are about the S&P.
Iam using the D4Fplatform with the INDU 1 min 5 min 60 min
and the S&P charts all open.

The INDU appears to mirror the S&P almost exact so it's fairly easy to see when S&R is broken etc so I use the S&P for visual, check to see if the Dow is doing likewise then press the button.

Also have a fairly tight MACD running below 1 min & 5 min charts, for entry timing.

Cheers Ls

ANYTHING CAN HAPPPEN ANYTHING CAN HAPPPEN ANYTHING CAN HAPPPEN ANYTHING CAN HAPPPEN ANYTHING CAN HAPPPEN ANYTHING CAN HAPPPEN ANYTHING CAN HAPPPEN ANYTHING CAN HAPPPEN ANYTHING CAN HAPPPEN ANYTHING CAN HAPPPEN ANYTHING CAN HAPPPEN ANYTHING CAN HAPPPEN ANYTHING CAN HAPPPEN ANYTHING CAN HAPPPEN ANYTHING CAN HAPPPEN ANYTHING CAN HAPPPEN ANYTHING CAN HAPPPEN ANYTHING CAN HAPPPEN ANYTHING CAN HAPPPEN ANYTHING CAN HAPPPEN ANYTHING CAN HAPPPEN ANYTHING CAN HAPPPEN ANYTHING CAN HAPPPEN ANYTHING CAN HAPPPEN ANYTHING CAN HAPPPEN ANYTHING CAN HAPPPEN ANYTHING CAN HAPPPEN ANYTHING CAN HAPPPEN ANYTHING CAN HAPPPEN ANYTHING CAN HAPPPEN ANYTHING CAN HAPPPEN ANYTHING CAN HAPPPEN

NO, I am not Tom Hugard :), I wish I was though, he is soooo cool and sexy and lovely and nice and cool and good and sexy and .....

to answer your question in all seriousness, it is due to liquidity. The SP500 is the most liquid instrument in the world ( maybe surpassed by t-bonds ) and it makes sense to follow the SP and base it on the DOw. Did you know that many SB companies base their Dow of the Dow futures, and you can easily steal 2-3 ticks ( until they find out you know, and then they put you on "manual" qiote) by watching the SP and when they movve, you got a delay of about 1-2 seconds before the Dow cash moves with the SB company. Now if I was Mr T H, would I give away such information?????????????????????

the dow has been flat the past 2+ hours wonder if it breaks out of this trading range.

hopefully we will get a meaningfull sell-off into the close and make some bobs....I am watching the 19:50-20:00 like a guy who is watching something very intense.....( man, I really am not very funny tonight, am I ?)

You on the Claret Mr Sunseeker???

Thanx for reply- posts crossed.

Cheers,

Looks like we are flat lining at the mo.

Whoever you are enjoy your posts etc.

There I just voted for you Sun you've made this boring evening some what amusing for me.. :)

Sun,

You are sounding like you have been in the Punch and Judy bar in CG for the last 2 hours..... or are you just drunk on life!!! Hic Hic

:cheesy:

Ok, Time is almost up, or is up, got no real sell signal and it looks like it wants to push higher, I may just wait a minute or two for some more weakness, if at all