US Indices Intra-day Trading for August 2003

ah, gambling, well, this is gambling, but the odds are not always in the favour of the house, that is when YOU bet....anyway, it is choppy and quiet, not much participation

I don't see this as gambling at all!

I use to do the horses and that's what you call a gamble.

At least with trading if I end up losing I can get my money back very quickly.

Not so with gambling- I have been doing it for about 7 years and never got in front for very long.

still an odds game, but maybe gambling on horses are not, I dont know.....

I have trained my eyes to see patterns. Is that gambling?

Aside from that, at least you got plenty of time to get into positions today, as everything is so slow....

Just watching and waiting.

Very light volume - fed message will be tricky as it will be about the 'feeling' of the annoucement.

the dax sept is up even more like I said - 3992 as I speak .

these damn corrections - always cheeky , ever nasty to us traders .

very slow range bound days on the dow since thursday.

will be interesting when mr greeny speaks

Last edited:
for anyone who doesn't remember what SUNSEEKER said about the 3 spikes, here is what he posted about it last time:

FED days
"...... likely to be a low volume day. The way I play the Fed days are based on observation. The minute the announcement is released you will see a spike. Then you see some kind of counter spike before a third spike. Since 2000 I have followed the Fed days and this is always the pattern. Essentially the first spike is the direction the market will go once the dust settles. The second spike is the fake spike, while the 3rd spike is continuation of the original impulse. This usually takes place over 45 minutes or so."

it worked well last time, so watch for it .... only 15 mins to go

35 point range on the dow for this many hours... who can tell me when this last happened?

Choppy all right, but you could have nicked 20 points on the announcement. It seemed slow to react. Didn't trade tho', tend to trade only if there's an obvious break level

Good luck