US Indices Intra-day Trading for August 2003

Thanks SS

Yes the path did have it's moments.
The FTSE was so naff today I resorted to the S+P, shorting on the way down at 984 in accordance with your "path"and the "candles"
Unfortunately let it run till the end so only 4 points but enough for a decent bottle of malt.

I'm sure this will upset a few..... :cheesy:

If you're betting 50p a point it's a bit like expressing an opinion down the pub. Apart from the £800 a point we've been informed of, is anybody trading? ie. putting their ar*e on the line.

Hi SS,

some nice turns as always - just had to watch support and resistance for some help with direction today! The reversal at 985 had me foxed until I remembered last Monday. There is a lot to be said for checking the longer term view at times... especially if you do it before you trade... ho hum. Time for some lines.

I will study more
I will study more
I will study more

£800 my ar@e!

anyway Dr Mike, good to hear and oatman, you are right, you need a little more size to get the adrenalin pumping...

Welsh: here is my reply:

so will I
so will I
so will I

:)

FOMC meeting today....

Attachments

• path 12th august.png
    path 12th august.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 708
I only use 50p a point for a bit of fun. Usually it is a lot more than that. I also find it a good way of testing out strategies without loosing much money.

It is interesting to experience a trade without the normal fear of loosing. I thought it would be funny to contrast my stake size with the £800 someone alleged Sun uses.

£800 per point Wow!!!

Someone must be making some big bucks.

I am not even at 10% of that figure yet.

Anyway I think my limit would be £100 per point tops.

I hope to get there this time next year!

The Dow is due for a large rise upwards - so I think it will probably rise by about 160 pts today.

No, I think we have pretty much established that Tom is NOT punting at £800 a point... :confused:

Oh, and I take it from the lack of response that none of you big girls' blouses are up for this mini beerfest in town then? :cheesy:

hi ,

what did I say ? corrective upmove on the daxie ? as I type it's up 47 points . shorters beware the cheeky upwave of the hopeless bulls !

I got the drop just before the hour but it was not worth a lot....I would focus on the sell after FOMC or a drop now before the FOMC...but volume is SO light that it is unbelievable

looks like we might be into an exciting range-bound day already - yippeee. SS can the path go back to front?? :)