US Indices Intra-day Trading for August 2003

sorry I mean only bears gone sunbathing, not bulls, possiblely not until 977 is hit on sp.

It's so warm here, is it possible to change my nickname to RAINSEEKER?

JER08 said:
sorry I mean only bears gone sunbathing, not bulls, possiblely not until 977 is hit on sp.

why 77..................presume you are talking futures

it's a guess.

waqr - i try not to predict where the market will be.... because I'll be wrong 99% of the the time.

By looking at price action/chart patterns of the last 2 hours it seemed to me sp want to go up.

Expect some fantastic trading opportunities over the next 2 weeks, I'm going on holiday tomorrow. Unfortunately I won't be able to trade at all, so I expect to come back and find you all millionaires (again in some cases no doubt!) having cashed in on the best trading ever!

sid,
have fun & enjoy. When u get back the Dow could be 10,000,or maybe 7000.!!! ( I think not!!)

Good Luck

SId, have fun, guys, in a very bad mood....just been screwed...have to use a UK broker for my deals, which is 2.50 more expensive than my US broker....I just got a commission bill for 30,000 ....so I am clocking off and getting pissed.... :)

Gone

7.8.03 flipped.

Attachments

• 7.8.gif
    7.8.gif
    36.7 KB · Views: 461
Shame I didn't think about flipping the chart until after the close! It would have been a bit easier to follow this way round. ;)

bigb - any chance you can put in compressed versions of the charts next to each other - maybe half way through the session as well.... i.e 2 charts next to each other, but one of them is the flipped version, even if the path is in sync from the start... just a thought... i know it would mean extra work, but your above post gave the idea....might help your analysis as well....
cheers

thats rather funny to read about my position size.... :)

and Jony T is right, if I am not retired on that size then I must be a loser...

the truth is stranger than fiction....

just focus on yourself and focus your energy on making money for yourself, that is what this website is about....anyone who think it is otherwise are missing the point of T2W!!!!

Its Friday and the trend is down....they saved the 960 area for now....and we closed close to the breakout level....be aware of the potential for another inverse in which case we will see a big day up

Attachments

• path 8 august 2003.png
    path 8 august 2003.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 405
dsmodi,

A good idea but I don't want to do updates during the day. This is Sun's path and if he asks me to do something with it and I have the time I will try but I don't want to be responsible for doing something when I should be concentrating on my own trading.

But if you want to flip the chart, it is quite easy. This is a great image viewer and it is for my favorite price, free. It is a small file so doesn't take too long to download. Click on the download link.

http://www.irfanview.com/

When you have installed the program, save the path, I use the right click and select 'Save Picture As'. Open the file and flip it as shown in the pic below. Save the flipped path.

Attachments

• iv.gif
    iv.gif
    5.7 KB · Views: 417
BigB

Fair point - t'was just a suggestion. I can flip charts in Paint as well, but I can't overlay in Paint.

I do have Serif Photo PhotoPlus 5 and also Micrografx Picture Publisher. Would you know if these do overlays? I had a look in Help Index for "Overlay", but nought there. Any other term I can look for?

cheers.

Last edited:
It takes a bit of time re-scaling the charts for the overlay.

I use Layers to do the overlay in photoshop LE. I open the daily chart and the path, select the area of the path I want to overlay, then copy it. I then go in to the daily chart and paste the path on top of it. Then I go to the layers window and select 'multiply'. This overlays the path but then I go to edit, transform and move it around to fit. Then I flatten the layers and save the overlaid file.

The best idea is to get a transparent plastic sheet. An OHP film is ideal but a transparent plastic bag is fine. Mark the path using a non permanent pen and overlay it on your screen. Then you can compare the path and your chart all day. It is easy to flip but make sure you don't get the ink on your screen. It saves having to turn the monitor upside down. :)

Last edited: