ALDN
BAC
CRS
ETN
ENR
F
PETS
PPC

Well done on AAPL guys. I came along late for some of that one. My first net dollar for the day so I'm happy (140ish off the top of my head). There are a few things I need to improve on here, but I know what they are and what I've got to do.

Attachments

• Trades 06.01.23.png
    Trades 06.01.23.png
    62.6 KB · Views: 255
jimmy1jag said:
Well done on AAPL guys. I came along late for some of that one. My first net dollar for the day so I'm happy (140ish off the top of my head). There are a few things I need to improve on here, but I know what they are and what I've got to do.
And I bet I'm the only one who could manage to LOSE on AAPL. Say thanks for the cash guys :eek:

If you trade the NYSE, then the Oils have been a dream today. Especially HAL, SLB, OIH. Hot sector at the moment guys!

timaru69 said:
Nope I was a loser on Apple as well
Thanks. I know it shouldn't but: it makes me feel better.....

Managed to claw some back with SNDK, AMGN and ITRI right at the end but a losing day for me :-( Back to trading 100 shares I think !

jimmy1jag said:

Nice strike rate jimmy1

Hey you guys who lost on aapl, if it make you feel any better I gave a lot of my profits on it back to the market on other trades/stocks in the evening session :devilish:

samtron said:
Nice strike rate jimmy1

Hey you guys who lost on aapl, if it make you feel any better I gave a lot of my profits on it back to the market on other trades/stocks in the evening session :devilish:
(Look at the time!)

Yes, afternoon session was very choppy, with just a few runs just before close.
I was still in 1 stock with dvdh counting down the seconds before close for me :)

Tomorrow is another day - oh, that's today now......

Note to self: Don't post after late night drinking :)

Chopped around

The evening session didn't really do anything, and I think a lot of the trades just didn't set themselves up, i.e. I forced a few also and gave back some of the profits from the morning. Must remember that for days like this we just sit on our hands and preserve our capital or don't give back our winnings.

We think that because we are traders, "we HAVE to trade" to make a living. But being patient for the right set ups is half the battle. Just remember, a few winning trades can make your week.

Gadgetman, when do you sleep :cheesy:

PitBull said:

He's asleep now.... sshhhh!

Skype him, it might be linked up to one of his gizmos! :cheesy:

Yesterday (US) pm would have been a good time for trading pairs.

jimmy1jag said:
He's asleep now.... sshhhh!

Skype him, it might be linked up to one of his gizmos! :cheesy:

Yesterday (US) pm would have been a good time for trading pairs.
Keep the noise down!

PitBull said:
The evening session didn't really do anything, and I think a lot of the trades just didn't set themselves up, i.e. I forced a few also and gave back some of the profits from the morning. Must remember that for days like this we just sit on our hands and preserve our capital or don't give back our winnings.

We think that because we are traders, "we HAVE to trade" to make a living. But being patient for the right set ups is half the battle. Just remember, a few winning trades can make your week.

Wise words indeed PitBull !

on a +ve note you do learn something from every trade even losers (just make sure you don't pay over the odds for the course :) )

Gadgetman as you know every day is fresh and has nothing to do with yesterday! roll on 2.30 !

hope to catch you latter guys good luck

I found yesterday quite tough as well, but I broke even with a post market trade on ARBA - took a dollar.

Just taken a dollar out of imcl. A few posts ago I (in jest) mentioned that I might give up trading the market sessions. I'm beginning to think 'many a true word'. Particularily for the pre-market session the time difference gives us a edge to think about the news and plan a trade. I shorted imcl as soon as selling momentum kicked in.

Also, nice to buy on the bid and sell on the ask. Must be like the type of trading that people descibe from the 80s and 90s.

Good luck to all. I really should pull the plug now, but I doubt I'll be able to resist the chance to give the market some back !

Mark

Attachments

• IMCL Pre-market.JPG
    IMCL Pre-market.JPG
    226.5 KB · Views: 218
Earnings

Lots to choose from today:

Post market:
AMB
ACF
ARBA
AV
CBST
ET
JDAS
LSS
MSPD
NBIX
PTV
SWFT
TXN
VTSS
WEBM
WERN

Pre market:
ADTN
AGR
AAI
AKS
ARB
ACAT
ARM
AVY
BJS
EAT
BNI
CDWC
COH
CVG
CBE
CR
CSX
EMC
XJT
FCFS
GDW
HW
HMA
HOLX
IMCL
IUSA
JEC
JNJ
KMB
LAB
LXK
LU
MMP
MCD
MDP
NYT
NOC
RYN
SAFC
SMG
SLG
STTX
TDW
UTX
VTRU
WAT
WRLD

During the day:
PPP

Will be interesting to see how things play out today. The US markets haven't really decided which way to go after the heavy selling. I'm still of a generally looking to short, but that could change quite easily.

IMCL and SYMC should be well worth watching today. IMCL is back up to it's pre-market high, I guess as traders weigh up missed earnings against sales prospects. I suspect my first trade of the US session might be a breakout of the IMCL pre-market range, with a quick stop to breakeven !

Mark

laytonm said:
Will be interesting to see how things play out today. The US markets haven't really decided which way to go after the heavy selling. I'm still of a generally looking to short, but that could change quite easily.

IMCL and SYMC should be well worth watching today. IMCL is back up to it's pre-market high, I guess as traders weigh up missed earnings against sales prospects. I suspect my first trade of the US session might be a breakout of the IMCL pre-market range, with a quick stop to breakeven !

Mark
I'll be watching IMCL too. IDCC has had some ok pre-market volume too although fairly flat after initial gap.
My NYSE stock of the day (well morning, anyway) is JNJ.

There was a decent gap on PIXR too, following noises that the deal with Disney is closer.

AAPL, SNDK and GILD have all over $1 change since close yesterday.

Yes, and keep an eye on ADTN as well. Whilst I'd be happy to trade it in either direction, I think I'll be looking for signs of the gap closing on the open.

Mark

Gadgetman said:
I'll be watching IMCL too. IDCC has had some ok pre-market volume too although fairly flat after initial gap.
My NYSE stock of the day (well morning, anyway) is JNJ.

There was a decent gap on PIXR too, following noises that the deal with Disney is closer.

AAPL, SNDK and GILD have all over $1 change since close yesterday.