Ultimate Forex Predictor

Hooray!
A fresh approach after all the dissent we've been reading here.
I would be interested to know the website you refer to in your post. Just a couple of points on your observations - the markets tend to fall faster than they climb - so shorts would be more profitable if scalping I suppose and the pound has been taking a battering over the last few weeks. But hey, I'm no expert, it's something I heard or read somewhere. I'll be following your obsevations and experiences and see what happens as I am still in the observational stage at present.
The new back test feature sure saves a lot of work and lets you play about with the settings much more. If you are scalping, the new xxx indicators get you in a trade earler and do appear before most of the ptp signals - not tried them yet - I will carry on observing for a while. I think to start with scalping is the best way to go and that is what I will be doing when I pluck up the courage to trade and hopefully find a good method to trade with.
Here's to your success

Agreed. Seems to be much hostility towards this software. I find it interesting however that this site's store offers a piece of pricey software that sells for just about what I paid for my Ultimate FX Predictor package. :LOL:

What I have found LibernatiTrader is that you can't have the XXX signals using the same settings as the PTP's. Nor the same timeframes for that matter. I have my xxx signals on the 60min / 30min / Daily and 15min GBPUSD chart. On one of those charts, I have tweaked the settings to get 100% probability, back tested over the last 3 years. All the other charts are producing >80% probability.

It's definitely worth experimenting with the settings if you have the time/inclination.

What I have found LibernatiTrader is that you can't have the XXX signals using the same settings as the PTP's. Nor the same timeframes for that matter. I have my xxx signals on the 60min / 30min / Daily and 15min GBPUSD chart. On one of those charts, I have tweaked the settings to get 100% probability, back tested over the last 3 years. All the other charts are producing >80% probability.

It's definitely worth experimenting with the settings if you have the time/inclination.

What exactly are your settings in the software to get these results? If you don't mind sharing the info, that is.

Hi everyone
I'm very new to this and have had very limited success to date with trading. I keep getting emails regarding 'The Ultimate Forex Predictor' software by Keith Cotterill. At over £2K, it's either worth every penny or a rip-off. Has anyone had any experience of this software?

Sheena

Hi Sheena

Keep your money, it does not do what he sales letter claims

stepehen

Hi jamnewt,
The new CD's do show the xxx used on the larger timeframes. Following and adjusting the trailing stop would be time consuming and you would have to be aware of news releases to get out or tighten the stop.
Are you scalping and/or placing limit orders on the larger timeframes?
Using the larger timeframes does increase your initial risk the more you go up - so do you have a fixed stop loss on every trade?
Sorry to interrogate you - it is interesting to find out other peoples approaches and methods so we can all benefit from this thread.
Regards - Davo

Forex Testube - Honest Opinions on FX Systems

Index

these people seem to do well...you make your own judgements.

Is this the same Tufxpmasters who Cashmaster was linked to a couple of weeks ago? On their web-site they still don't offer a guarantee period. Note that the Distance Selling Regulations require all internet purchases to have a minimum 7 days full money back guarantee.

Has anyone signed up and had real success with them?

There is no doubt that it is time consuming to tweak the settings. It took me 3 days to find the settings for 5 time frames on the GBPUSD. Hopefully, you can understand my reticence in posting those settings to all and sundry. I'd be very happy to swap settings for different currency pairs - I'm just about to start looking at the GBPJPY pair and don't relish the idea of spending that much time again. If you have probability >80% on any pairs then p.m. me.

Having said that. My settings produced a profit of 440 pips last week and 740 pips the week before. This week seems to have been quieter and I have thus far only 100 pips to show for my efforts.

For the record my settings are scalping 40 pips. And I use the stop/loss indicated by the software - this can be quite large, but the back test is there to reassure you that the % chance is small and occurrence is limited.

your ideal will lie in the tweaking of the following:
the XXX intensity
Type A
Type B
Both Type A & Type B
Neither Type A nor Type B
Entry point %
Bars to qualify
Close
Initial Stop
Time frames
before you hit the ideal settings for you.

What I am saying is that "it is possible." If you want to put in the effort back testing the various settings you will be rewarded for doing so. Point and click it is not. However we all know and surely subscribe to the adage that, "if it is so easy, why isn't everyone doing it?"

Well it's not easy. That's why.
But it is possible.

One thing I have found though is that news releases don't interfere with the trades when you are looking at longer timeframes.

Gonna be really rude. Wouls you mind showing the settings that you came up with?

I know it's a liberty and appreciate what you say about experimenting, it's just that with the multitude of permutations I think you did really well to only spend 3 days on it!!

There are other concerns as well; low volume filter, only show qualified, only in time frames specified (and which to specify of course) etc......

There is no doubt that it is time consuming to tweak the settings. It took me 3 days to find the settings for 5 time frames on the GBPUSD. Hopefully, you can understand my reticence in posting those settings to all and sundry. I'd be very happy to swap settings for different currency pairs - I'm just about to start looking at the GBPJPY pair and don't relish the idea of spending that much time again. If you have probability >80% on any pairs then p.m. me.

Having said that. My settings produced a profit of 440 pips last week and 740 pips the week before. This week seems to have been quieter and I have thus far only 100 pips to show for my efforts.

For the record my settings are scalping 40 pips. And I use the stop/loss indicated by the software - this can be quite large, but the back test is there to reassure you that the % chance is small and occurrence is limited.

the XXX intensity
Type A
Type B
Both Type A & Type B
Entry point %
Bars to qualify
Close
Initial Stop
Time frames

What I am saying is that "it is possible." If you want to put in the effort back testing the various settings you will be rewarded for doing so. Point and click it is not. However we all know and surely subscribe to the adage that, "if it is so easy, why isn't everyone doing it?"

But it is possible.

One thing I have found though is that news releases don't interfere with the trades when you are looking at longer timeframes.

the XXX intensity
Type A
Type B
Both Type A & Type B
Entry point %
Bars to qualify
Close
Initial Stop
Time frames

But it is possible.

If 100 pips a week is a bad week you have to be well off by now. Trade at £50 a point and you got 250k a year (on a bad week basis). Or is this make believe money you playing with. Stop al the the back testing and live in the future - thats where the money is.

Nab999 - if you are serious, just buy it. You have 1 month to make that money back otherwise you can send it back and ask for a refund.
I'll give you your first set of chart settings if you PM me.

Claudia123 - I spent the first 4 months using play-money as you call it. Since Jan I started trading with real money. I started with 50p per pip and I now trade £20 per pip. I may get to £50 per pip - I may not. It's not for me to decide really - it's the market that makes those kinds of decisions as I cannot determine how many trades happen in 1 week or how much I will increase (or even decrease, because there are losing trades too) my bank by. The only thing I can really/truly determine is how much money I draw out of my account each week.

Now, my mother always told me - that unless I have anything nice to say, best not to say anything.

lots of love
J.

Hi Jamnewt,
I notice that you don't include PTP intensity in your list. Is this deliberate or have you just missed it off? Could you also please advise whether you use the same settings for the different timeframes you have tested (though I'm not sure how it would work otherwise unless you have multiple copies of the software on your computer or you trade different time frames at different times).

I've done some testing of my own on GBPUSD but you must be a lot cleverer than I am as I haven't been able to get the win % much over 60 and I find the potential drawdown on the longer timeframes a bit scary at that hit rate.

If your offer to Nab999 extends beyond him, I'd be interested to see a set of your settings. If you'd rather not, that's fine.

Ron

Hi Ron,

It wasn't meant to be a complete breakdown. I don't ignore PTP, I just choose which and when depending on the back test results.

I open up multiple versions of TESS, which allows me to tweak/customise the settings accordingly.

Surely if you have the "masters" settings, you don't need anybody elses ?? Although I have to say mine are far less ambiguous!

best
J.

I have to say that the Masters don't strike me as particularly masterful on their performance to date though I suppose it's still early days. I'll have to start varying my forum log-in name as I'm obviously getting far too predictable.

Regards.

Ron

the XXX intensity
Type A
Type B
Both Type A & Type B
Entry point %
Bars to qualify
Close
Initial Stop
Time frames

But it is possible.

To be honest i have had the system for around five months.

Firstly as you say if you follow every 'dong' as i did to start you will lose and quite rightly so!

The turning point for me (as well as using all the gubbings to enter a trade) was the xxx feature. The back testing is priceless.

I only trade the hour chart on 60 mins on Pound/Dollar and Euro/Dollar and scalp on average 40- 100 pips a go depending on data.

Only get 4/5 trades most weeks but find most win and an averaging 180/200 pips per week.

I probably agree you can get this info for nowt but as someone with no previous knowledge of FOREX i find it invaluable.

Am i missing something?

I don't think you are missing anything - sounds like you are doing well from 1 chart.

I have 5 charts open at any 1 time - all producing similar results to what you are finding with the 60min chart.

I am getting a little inundated with PM's here - I do have a job you know!

"ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country."

I have had the Ultimate Forex Predictor for quite some time and have yet to find any settings that work over a period of time and I have not made any profits using it. Having spoken to the support team on quite number of occasions I find that they don't actually tell you that much but just guide you in the general direction and far too often give you the answer that we are all individuals and have different trading plans.

Well far from me to state the obvious but I would have thought that everyone's trading plan was to make a profit which is why I purchased the TUFXP in the first place.

Having purchased the software for 2K as we all know, I would have thought that the least Keith or any of the support staff would tell you is what settings they use to make a profit or what are the best settings for different people (i.e aggressive, moderate, cautious etc.)

Now forgive me if I have this wrong but every group selling Forex software always states the size of the market is trillions and that we would never even scratch the surface if we all used the same settings so why doesn't TUFXP give you at least some idea.

The fact is that the software is very easy to use but has so many options that it is complicated and without really knowing what you are doing it isn't worth ten quid let alone the 2K I paid for it.

I hear plenty of people writing in saying they had this many pips etc., and even on here people posting the same but ask anyone what settings they use and you get zilch.

Did I want to make a fortune?.....NO....I just wanted to make a few pips a day but when you keep having losing trades no matter what settings you try and support don't give you any then this is an expensive waste of time because without really knowing what you are doing you will lose time and time again.