Trump Presidency and the Consequences

It's all just virtue signalling that will not end the proxy war in Syria. UK armed forces ability is now so weak and of limited capability that it will most likely waste further money and ensure long-term rundown. Our clinging to the coat tails of Uncle Sam will only benefit the Donald. The suffering will stop (hopefully) when the war ends - and that, rightly or wrongly will be with Assad's victory.

One effective way to deal with this is to kick the protagonists where it hurts most - in their economic gonads. Already seeing effects on Putin's economy and no country can withstand an effective financial onslaught long term.

But leading politicians love a war don't they? - especially if it goes their way. :rolleyes:

Gotta love the British military, embedded with the EU military, working hand-in-hand with US and France, who do we fight for anymore anyway? Very little of a British military left. The proxy wars are/will be between Axis of evil and Axis of ? errr evil globalists? If only they could just keep it to trade wars and cause mass deaths through starvation rather than military war!

One would think that the people at the top would have more sense than to provoke a major war.
There was a weapons build up before WW1 and WW2. Recently there has been a similiar weapons build up. What with the wild rhetoric and accusations in undiplomatic language WW3 is nearer than ever.
It only takes a small spark somewhere on the planet to ignite it.
There will be no survivors in an all out nuclear war.
The people at the top should show statesman like qualities and de-escalate the dangerous situations. Not inflame them.
One assasination started WW1
and one lunatic started WW2
with some other factors obviously.
Will Trump, Putin or Kim start WW3 ?

Pat, you are such a doom and gloomer. Cheer up, all is not as bad as you think. (y)

Peter

One assasination started WW1
and one lunatic started WW2
with some other factors obviously.
Will Trump, Putin or Kim start WW3 ?

It doesn't even have to be a real event to trigger a conflict.

TED talk about how fake news is a real problem, since we no longer have editorial checks and balances, and there are no longer barriers to the delivery of fake news.
also the problem of echo-chambers, where people seek only "news" thst re-affirms their exiting opinions.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-43568238

Trump is going bananas over the Syrian situation.
Promising heavy blows which will be returned by Russia.
This could escalate badly.

He doesn't give a **** about the "Syrian situation". His handlers are telling him he has to take the hard line. Don't you get it? Only thing he cares about is "muah"

i have the "privilege" of growing up where BOTH my parents are narcissists.

whats the odds?

ya, that was a fun childhood. :eek:

ya, i'm a pretty good expert on it. :innocent:

Most can't understand it, unless you've lived it. Took me YEARS/DECADE to understand what was going on.

Now we know then.

trumps base would like nothing but to send some missles somewhere.

its a rabid base, they feel the individual is more important than the collective, ie society.

we need to work TOGETHER to survive as a species.

:innocent:

It doesn't even have to be a real event to trigger a conflict.

TED talk about how fake news is a real problem, since we no longer have editorial checks and balances, and there are no longer barriers to the delivery of fake news.

also the problem of echo-chambers, where people seek only "news" thst re-affirms their exiting opinions.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-43568238

The BBC providing a third party report about a presentation about fake news, the irony just spanks you on the ass.

Under the banner of harmony, one lets the other guy to share in the spoils.
Trump likes chaos where he emerges from the ruck as the winner.

Under the banner of harmony, one lets the other guy to share in the spoils.
Trump likes chaos where he emerges from the ruck as the winner.

What do you think will happen if in defence of their country they sink the US air craft carrier?

Unbelievable is it not?

US brags about Russia interfering in US elections.

It then transpires UK and Facebook and US bodies have been regularly featuring in fixing, manipulating and influencing elections all over the World for a fee. Cambridge Academics had ties to intelligence services as well but this doesn't get mentioned on regular news media outlets. We then have some Facebook farce and some questioning on how whiter than white we are... Much ado about nothing imo. Circus show for the masses how good and upright our GDPR legislation is and how we don't participate in that kind of thing.

US travels 000s of miles to over throw first Saddam, Gaddafi and now Assad whilst maintaining and propping up the Sauidies. US having travelled 000s of miles tells Iran not to interfere sending air craft carrier to kick ar5e in another continent. What clowns!!! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

This is what happens when any one country achieves excess power. It gets abused, over expands and then contracts as others retaliate against injustices. France is up for a bit tittle tattle what it being Syria one of her old interests from many moons ago. UK doesn't want to miss out on a piece of the action and likes to display technology so it can sell a few more WMD. Is it any wonder the top 4 weapons producers are all up for a bit of gamesmanship on a third party like Syria where the people to die will be far away from their own territories.

So so remarkably stupid of the West to escalate this. The so called freedom fighters, tribal militias and ISIS fighters are being paid $200 p/m to fight in some god forsaken piece of dirt land. You have to ask who is financing their pay? Sauidies, Yanks or Israel to destabilise an existing regime. Who gives a flying hoot as to whether it is democratic or not. Russia, China, and Suaidies all have non-democratic systems. Why not go on change their regimes. The West really should keep their noses out of other nations and peoples business and let them find their own democratic or non-democratic presidential systems.

Only person speaking sense is Corbyn.

I'm increasingly growing to love that man. Heart in the right place with principals. :love::love:

Word of warning for the yanks, they are more used to fighting small forces against non-functional governments.

They are coming up against Russians, Syrians and Iranians and they are not likely to take US sh1t lying down or surrendering that's for sure.

US have said they are going to fire missiles!

Russians have said they will shoot down all missiles and sources that fire them!

Cuban missile crises looks so yesterday!

Hope everyone has their diapers ready.

:whistling

What if Trump leaves Britain and France in the lurch over Syria by getting them to make strikes and then opting out of the ensuing conflict.
It is something he would be capable of.
Mrs Poodle had better make sure she doesn't get caught " with knickers down " !

Trump will want the credit above all else. He said he will strike, how can he save face here? That's all that matters to him.

My parents were never wrong. They twisted reality to make sure of this:|

i wouldn't wish either of my parents president, or any position of public power

What if Trump leaves Britain and France in the lurch over Syria by getting them to make strikes and then opting out of the ensuing conflict.
It is something he would be capable of.
Mrs Poodle had better make sure she doesn't get caught " with knickers down " !

Neither one of those three will want to commit troops either.

It's all about technology and destruction killing from a distance. They'll never achieve control that way.

But then there are always the hired freedom fighters at $200p/m. Alternatively known as terrorists to the endogenous population but freedom fighters to you and I.

I concur with your pov however and trump would be right to pull out as ME wars not worth losing dollar standard over. If the US does get entrenched in continued warfare it can kiss the dollar good bye that's for sure.

Instead of building up infrastructure and raising productivity its chooses to push its weight around pooh stirring wasting trillions, filling vested military interests and playing to local interest.

UK and France the two little poodles just want to display some hardware standing behind US. So obvious.

Come and buy our weapons coz we can't sell our consumer products. Nations gotta earn a living don't they?

Such a sick world we live in.

Trump will want the credit above all else. He said he will strike, how can he save face here? That's all that matters to him.

My parents were never wrong. They twisted reality to make sure of this:|

i wouldn't wish either of my parents president, or any position of public power

The latest news is Trump saying he might not strike.
Probably keeping the Russians/Syrians awake at night though.
Maybe the CIA and State Dept. should drop around to your folks to see what is happening ?
One obviously can't believe a word he says.