Trump Presidency and the Consequences

Sessions Fires FBI Official McCabe Two Days Before He Was to Retire

No way to run a government or any administration. Your staff are your most important and valuable assets. Whether they are coming or going.

Firing Tillerson over Twitter and now this...

Trump is clearing out the swamp and running office like his TV shows - so they say. Does he know anything better? :whistling

Serving one's country may make one proud but who would want to work for or report to such a man. Two days before retirement. Man should feel proud to have served his country instead he is fired in this way.

Mr me me me is true to his form. Same goes for the brown nosed peeps that serve him.

No way to run a government or any administration. Your staff are your most important and valuable assets. Whether they are coming or going.

Trump is clearing out the swamp and running office like his TV shows - so they say. Does he know anything better? :whistling

Serving one's country may make one proud but who would want to work for or report to such a man. Two days before retirement. Man should feel proud to have served his country instead he is fired in this way.

Mr me me me is true to his form. Same goes for the brown nosed peeps that serve him.

Politics always been a dirty business and it doesn't show any signs of improvement!

Politics always been a dirty business and it doesn't show any signs of improvement!

why does it have to be so dirty iyo?

why can't politice be civil & ethical?

after all, isn't the underlying derivative (ie, the people)the poiint???

why does it have to be so dirty iyo?

why can't politice be civil & ethical?

after all, isn't the underlying derivative (ie, the people)the poiint???

I think most politicians start out with good intentions and in the main are decent people – and actually, despite the headlines that we all tend to take most note of, most of them remain that way. However, as they say – power corrupts ..... and you know the rest!

The problem for politicians is that if they tell the truth the electorate don't like it – we are just the same as traders aren't we? Hardest thing in the world is to accept the fact that you've made a balls-up of your trade. Nobody likes the truth – fantasyland is a much easier proposition.

So Joe Gullible Public believes what he likes the sound of best. And there you go .... :)

I've long thought that as a general electorate we get the politicians we deserve.

I think most politicians start out with good intentions and in the main are decent people – and actually, despite the headlines that we all tend to take most note of, most of them remain that way. However, as they say – power corrupts ..... and you know the rest!

The problem for politicians is that if they tell the truth the electorate don't like it – we are just the same as traders aren't we? Hardest thing in the world is to accept the fact that you've made a balls-up of your trade. Nobody likes the truth – fantasyland is a much easier proposition.

So Joe Gullible Public believes what he likes the sound of best. And there you go .... :)

I've long thought that as a general electorate we get the politicians we deserve.

most politicians are from the electorate aren't they? where else are they from???mars??

McCabe was fired for lying to the FBI...just like any other FBI agent would be, and it was the recommended action by the FBI's own office of ethics. But, Mike Flynn may serve jail time for lying to the FBI so this may not be over for McCabe.

Also, McCabe was an Obama holdover, not a Trump appointee and should have been fired long ago.

Peter

I find it interesting so many Brits are interested in US politics, when so few of us are interested in the UK. The WSJ and others I have read focused more on Germany and France. UK politics are about as interesting as a low-budget student film vs. Hollywood. Perhaps that's because there's not much mudslinging or scandalous behavior. Their behavior is absolutely pedestrian compared to us. Do British politicians not break laws, or get caught with their hands in the cookie in the jar as it were? :LOL:

I agree with you @sminicooper. It's called "confirmation bias". People don't want to think. That's why they watch the news instead of reading and investigating. The news is like a mama bird feeding her young. They chew it up, and spit it up in a more digestible form. News corps don't educate, they indoctrinate. They chew the information, and deliver it to you in a form you will find more palatable.
"Why think when we will do the thinking for you?"

An example of accepting the news and other media sources at face value that is problematic is:
I heard people shouting on Twitter, Facebook, etc., "Impeach him! Impeach him!" Without having any understanding of how it would be done, or what the implications would be. If they had remembered anything from their government classes in school, or bothered to learn in the first, they would know better.
Firstly - If you could wave a magic wand and be like, "Boom, you're impeached!" Trump would still be in office.
Secondly - That aside, it requires the House, and only them, to impeach. And, even if that happens, it just an indictment. If you, a civilian, are indicted of a crime, you are not automatically sentenced. It requires that a trial be held. The same for The President — it's called the Senate.
Thirdly - They're both Republican controlled, i.e. a blue moon.
Lastly - If by some act of God, he was removed, each person in the line of succession is substantially more conservative—(not kinda, sorta conservative like in the UK). If you are a Liberal, why would you want that to happen?

The most that I see happening from this Russia fiasco, is that politicians behave with more discretion for a short time afterwards. It's 99.9% likely nothing will happen to Trump regardless of the outcome. No president has truly got into trouble. Nothing really happened to Nixon. He simply resigned before the Senate could try him. Our presidents wield more power than Prime Ministers. Prime Ministers can and may lose their positions simply by having their parties wane in strength by the loss of seats. "There is no "vote of no confidence" rule or Obama would have been removed posthaste by the Republicans during his reign.

Last edited:
I find it interesting so many Brits are interested in US politics, when so few of us are interested in the UK. The WSJ and others I have read focused more on Germany and France. UK politics are about as interesting as a low-budget student film vs. Hollywood. Perhaps that's because there's not much mudslinging or scandalous behavior. Their behavior is absolutely pedestrian compared to us. Do British politicians not break laws, or get caught with their hands in the cookie in the jar as it were? :LOL:

There is plenty of scandal in UK & EU politics, every day there is a story breaking, it's just that no-one has started a 'State of UK politics' thread to address them on T2W, I'm not sure anyone has the stomach for it as there are alot of truths with deep rooted racial, religious, hatred, institutional, divisive, class-based etc themes running through them and I suspect most people just want someone else to deal with it.

British people have always had an aversion to expose/discuss such things and it's getting more difficult to determine whether one would be straying into 'hate' speech laws given that the authorities here seem to have gone totalitarian on what would would have been considered satire/comedy up to a couple of years ago can now be considered hate speech and land you in court with a jail sentence. When you don't know if the thought police are going to come knocking on the door, then it's easier to keep your mouth shut!

We are truly f*cked when it comes to discussing such matters on this side of the pond and it will get worse before/if it gets better.

Trump's approval ratings climbing!
Americans are finally seeing how his presidency is improving daily living here since most people have seen more money in their paychecks (which Nancy Pelosi has promised to repeal). Better border security, tougher stance on illegal immigrants, and huge reduction in red tape and regulations.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/new...5m8izbyNSPVgOEjJdPgWGlxB97ntqETIaAsFgEALw_wcB

President Trump’s approval rating in one of the major daily tracking polls has improved significantly and is now higher than President Barack Obama’s on the same date of his first term.

The Rasmussen Reports daily survey released Thursday shows that Mr. Trump’s approval rating is at 48 percent, statistically tied with his disapproval rating of 50 percent.

Thank You President Trump!

Peter

But can his presidentcy survive until Christmas ?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/poli...daniels/ar-AAvwID5?li=AA9SkIr&ocid=spartanntp

Maybe $130,000 wasn't enough ?

Pat, this man has been accused for nearly 2 years of everything under the sun but time and time again he comes away from it relatively unscathed...
---What happened to the women who accused him of illegal sexual activities against them prior to the election? answer: most pf them have not spoken up since. Apparrently the money they were paid to create these allegations dried up after the electiion.
---What happened to the endless Trump/Russia collusion? answer: 14 months later not a single shred of evidence.
---What happened to the allegations in the trump dossier? answer: largely disproven.
---What about Trump wanting a nuclear war with N Korea? answer: N Korea now has agreed to halt weapons/missiles testing until talks between the 2 countries

All the doom and gloomers want to overlook all that.

Peter

Last edited:
We could call him Teflon man - no dirt sticks.
His accusers get paid off or scared off I guess.
Or maybe you r right he is really hard done by and is trying hard ?
Certainly entertaining

The problem may not be the trade agreements. One would have to be a commercial lawyer to have any chance of understanding them.
The problem may be that US companies are just not competitive enough on cutting costs to compete with Asia.
The workers have had it easy up to now, being over paid and underworked. This particularly applies to the bosses on their 7 or 8 figure salaries.
Tariffs are just entrenching existing losing positions.
A bowl of rice a day ? Well a bit of an exaggeration hopefully.
The US Govt. blows most of it in useless wars in the ME and new weapons.

I confess that although I think Captain Bonespur is a joke, I cannot deny that the markets are more conducive to day-trading than before his presidency.
The DAX30, offers up more tradeable swings than before.
I am even trading the DJ30, as intra-day trends are more apparent.

So, whilst I deplore his policies, which actually don't seem to be being implemented, I cant help but raise a glass of Trump Whine to the volatility he has caused.
Am in a state of conflict (his polices as opposed to my personal enrichment) about this fake president.

Trump is going bananas over the Syrian situation.
Promising heavy blows which will be returned by Russia.
This could escalate badly.

Last edited:
Mrs. Poodle jumps into the fray backing Trump's play.
They just can't stop meddling in the Middle East.
Some learning curve ? Fraid not.
Having spent shed loads of money with no tangible results you might be forgiven for thinking that there was a lesson to be learnt here.

Mrs. Poodle jumps into the fray backing Trump's play.
They just can't stop meddling in the Middle East.
Some learning curve ? Fraid not.
Having spent shed loads of money with no tangible results you might be forgiven for thinking that there was a lesson to be learnt here.

It's all just virtue signalling that will not end the proxy war in Syria. UK armed forces ability is now so weak and of limited capability that it will most likely waste further money and ensure long-term rundown. Our clinging to the coat tails of Uncle Sam will only benefit the Donald. The suffering will stop (hopefully) when the war ends - and that, rightly or wrongly will be with Assad's victory.

One effective way to deal with this is to kick the protagonists where it hurts most - in their economic gonads. Already seeing effects on Putin's economy and no country can withstand an effective financial onslaught long term.

But leading politicians love a war don't they? - especially if it goes their way. :rolleyes:

One would think that the people at the top would have more sense than to provoke a major war.
There was a weapons build up before WW1 and WW2. Recently there has been a similiar weapons build up. What with the wild rhetoric and accusations in undiplomatic language WW3 is nearer than ever.
It only takes a small spark somewhere on the planet to ignite it.
There will be no survivors in an all out nuclear war.
The people at the top should show statesman like qualities and de-escalate the dangerous situations. Not inflame them.
One assasination started WW1
and one lunatic started WW2
with some other factors obviously.
Will Trump, Putin or Kim start WW3 ?