Trump Presidency and the Consequences

(Time) President Donald Trump's approval rating has fallen to a near record low with significant losses among white voters with no college degree, white men and independent voters, a new poll has found.

It appears that at least some Trump voters are beginning to realize that they've been had.

(Time) President Donald Trump's approval rating has fallen to a near record low with significant losses among white voters with no college degree, white men and independent voters, a new poll has found.

It appears that at least some Trump voters are beginning to realize that they've been had.

Don't worry guys . Only 3 1/2 years to go...............

:p

At higher levels yes there is a weakness but lower county and state courts are run by elected officials. At this rate however, I'm beginning to think trump is building his opponents as a diverse group of powerful individuals. It was clear that Comey was in it for the long game so what could have trump requested that made Comey forfeit his coveted position?

Probably wanted a cover up on damaging info on dealings with the Russians.

well

Probably wanted a cover up on damaging info on dealings with the Russians.

No that's too obvious. Right before he got fired he was grilled on the dossier that spoke about the infamous 5hit that trump did in Russia. Now when asked to confirm or deny the validity of it he simply did not discredit the document. I think mr trump wanted comey to publicly discredit that document and he refused. Look at the headlines on the week before the firing, it was all comey and his testimony.
So if Comey did get fired for not dismissing the Dossier then......my god...it's all true the man likes golden showers

This from the same people and organizations that did the election polls (n)

Peter

What an opportunity for someone to befriend Comey and others like Flyn to tell their stories. Would be investigative journalists must be tripping over each other to get their stories.

Now Trump is blabbing top secret info to the Russians !
What an idiot !
One chaotic administration.

What an opportunity for someone to befriend Comey and others like Flyn to tell their stories. Would be investigative journalists must be tripping over each other to get their stories.

Why were there no investigative journalists looking into Hillary's sale of Uranium to the Russians in return for a multi $$$ to her Clinton Foundation...or Obama's deal to give Iran $1.4 billion CASH secretly in the night for exchange of prisoners...or the lack of responsibility for the IRS' scandal in which many conservative groups were audited and harassed, (no one fired)... I can go on and on...

Peter

Why were there no investigative journalists looking into Hillary's sale of Uranium to the Russians in return for a multi $$$ to her Clinton Foundation...or Obama's deal to give Iran $1.4 billion CASH secretly in the night for exchange of prisoners...or the lack of responsibility for the IRS' scandal in which many conservative groups were audited and harassed, (no one fired)... I can go on and on...

Peter

Looks like the US media is under the thumb of top politicians. Must be worrying that free speech is under threat.
The legal side has always been appointed/fired from top jobs by politicians.
Better get your own house in good working order before pontificating abroad imho

Looks like the US media is under the thumb of top politicians. Must be worrying that free speech is under threat.
The legal side has always been appointed/fired from top jobs by politicians.
Better get your own house in good working order before pontificating abroad imho

Same here in the UK. Although I'd say parties under the thumb of powerful press who set the agenda.

Rupert Murdoch's paper empire skews the debate, makes a mockery of democracy and has a big seat in the cabinet.

How many times on so many occasions they'll prevent Jeremy Corbyn or Tim Farron talking about policies and issues and instead talk about disunity in Labour party or Tim's Christian views and homosexuality. Rupert Murdock and his brand of newspapers are all sick and twisted :sick:

Having said that the FBI is supposed to be independent and Trump asking the case against Flynn to be dropped and then firing Flynn and then firing FBI chief smacks of wrong doing.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/...t-crisis-of-presidency-as-comey-memo-surfaces

Last edited:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...te-a-financial-crisis/?utm_term=.3fe208d38548

Gagging the press by threats and fake news allegations
Taming the FBI by sacking Comey
Taking over the legal side by appointing his brand of judges.
Trashing the Joint Services Committee influence
etc.

Looks bad from other democratic countries as he sets up a Putin type state.

Are they all facts or just what the papers are saying? :whistling

Question to Wacky, wondering if all those actions by Trump are justify?

Are they all facts or just what the papers are saying? :whistling

I think he is used to having subservient " yes men " in his Trump organisation and doesn't see why not in Washington.
Well Comey has definitely got the sack. Probably too honourable to spill the beans on Trump unfortunately.
He has slagged off the press many times publicly. Especially when the story shows him up to be The Monster in the swamp.
The Founding Fathers imho should have put more distance between the President and the judiciary. He has his " yes men " team there including The Supreme Court. The legal lot should appoint their own people and not be intimidated by the politicians.

I think he is used to having subservient " yes men " in his Trump organisation and doesn't see why not in Washington.
Well Comey has definitely got the sack. Probably too honourable to spill the beans on Trump unfortunately.
He has slagged off the press many times publicly. Especially when the story shows him up to be The Monster in the swamp.
The Founding Fathers imho should have put more distance between the President and the judiciary. He has his " yes men " team there including The Supreme Court. The legal lot should appoint their own people and not be intimidated by the politicians.

Question is...

1. Was he fired for playing to the stand and upstaging Trump on TV in the celebrity ratings or

2. He didn't do as he was told to lay off Flynn?

Which is it and who do we believe? That's the choice...

I reckon it would be good for the press to go out and ask the man on the street? As you say they'll probably say Trump's cleaning out the swamp.

I can see how it all adds up. :cheesy: