Trend Spotter

ampro said:
Hi,

you make mention on your site of the fact you're assisting traders in maximising profits-longevity of the move. Your initial Cable entry was triggered off the Asian low pullback, and below a short term bottom Fib, affording a decent continuation trend short. It looked like it was further threatening the early June low of 8074, yet you pulled it & re-entered lower towards the round number (risk) zone??

what constitutes : staying in the trade longer & maximising profits?

would have thought that entry area was a reasonable opportunity to rack up a few pips on a decent trade potential?

anyway, good luck with your venture.

Hi thanks,

As you can see we are posting trades, all we are doing is giving you a small insight into our system, the trades i am posting are just the small ones, going for 20 - 30 points.

On GBP/USD we had out indicator at 1.8085 and entred there we had an exit indicator at 1.8025. Our trading group was in this move, this is just a small insight here to show some of the trades we make

I hope thats ok for you?

Drop me an email if you require any more, and i will be pleased to go through it all with you.

Many thanks

ok, appreciate the response. Thanks, but it was just an enquiry thrown out into the general domain, not looking to subscribe.

as I said - all the best with your efforts.

Hello Sid

What level stops are you using?
I can't seem to find any mention on your site or your trade postings here on trade2win.
Keep up the good work

Happy Trading
Faris

Hi sid392,

Firstly, much kudos to you for posting "as it happens", rather than "after the event".
You will gain many brownie points for that.
Hope you keep this up for at least 4 weeks, to allow a meaningful data sample of trades.

With regards to the product:

a: Is it a black-box system ? Or do you explain the logic behind it, and use the software to simplify the trading ?

b: are there restricitions to the real-time data providers it will work with ? In that I prefer to use Updata.

thanks

Sid,

A few questions on your system:

What do I get for my money (you make some mention of transaction fees if the guarantee is activated)?

What do I need in terms of datafeed and broker/spread betting account?

Is a monthly or annual fee payable, or is the £300 once off?

Is this a plug-in to the FXCM platform?

When my payment has been made via PayPal, how long before I receive the system?

How long does the system take to implement (reading and learning)?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Results for today - Monday 13th June 2005

Cable (GBP/USD) +30 +30 +21 + 22
Eur (Eur/USD) +31 +10
Swiss (USD/CHF) +20 +20

Total 184 pips on 8 trades

These trades were completed this morning, we will start again from 7am Tuesday 14th June

hello there,
Faris:
we recomend 30 pip stops but the system works on a stop and reverse, so a signal for a long trade can be issued when we have a short on - thats basicly a clear exit signal.

trendie:
is not a black box system, in the terms that we provide the hole system and you can clearly see the logic behind it. and we provide live support in a voice chat room where are traders use the system and can help you along the way.

Ozzie
there is a one time only fee, and you will receive by mail a package that describes the system and has all the info, the time to implement the system is very short (couple of minutes) and we do suply the support via a voice chat room so you'll be able to trade from day one.

The system can be traded with the data provider you are curently using, and we also have a partnership with some providers and they will offer you a better deal when your part of the Phoenix Forex Group.

what about the charting software?

I note that you use Metatrader. Is that the only option?

we have developed the system using MQL language and the MetaQuotes platform-Metatrader 4, we are using them for the charts and we created the custom indicators for this medium...
Metatrader 4 is a free platform so anyone can have acces to it and can use any broker or spreadbetting company they chose to place the trades.

so far no clear signals, as markets are looking for the right path, one trade today but as it was not called live in here we won't add it to the grand total.

Phoenix,

Please could you give us some more information about drawdown on this system to date and also average win/loss ratio in terms of risk/reward and numbers of winning to losing trades .

Many thanks Schoe.

sry for takin so long.
win/loss ration is 92% so far, and risk and reward pretty much depends on your following of the system. the system tells you when to enter and when to exit and go the other way if this is the case.

sid,

Has this system been tested over larger time-frames ?

Your posts imply a shortish time-frame, prehaps 5-min bars or so.

Us spread-betters will have a 3-pip spread to contend with, thus require time-frames which reduce its toll.
I would need a time-frame which allows a trade to take around 30 pips per trade to minimise spreads.
For example, you last GBPUSD post which took 11 pips, would, for me, have been around 7, or 8, depending on volatility and speed of market.
Obviously, what you may regard as a scratch trade, could for less experienced traders be a marginally losing trade of -2 or -3 pips.
It all adds up.

Has it been tested over, say, 15-min bars ?
thanks.

trendie said:
sid,

Has this system been tested over larger time-frames ?

Your posts imply a shortish time-frame, prehaps 5-min bars or so.

Us spread-betters will have a 3-pip spread to contend with, thus require time-frames which reduce its toll.
I would need a time-frame which allows a trade to take around 30 pips per trade to minimise spreads.
For example, you last GBPUSD post which took 11 pips, would, for me, have been around 7, or 8, depending on volatility and speed of market.
Obviously, what you may regard as a scratch trade, could for less experienced traders be a marginally losing trade of -2 or -3 pips.
It all adds up.

Has it been tested over, say, 15-min bars ?
thanks.

Hi Trendie,

Yes, it works on all Time frames, but at the moment i am just concentrating on 5 min, posting the smaller trades to show the system working.

at the moment the market is sideways so we are now staying out until we get the next signal