Trading Without Charts?

Hi Trey Tzu,
Oh, so much confusion goin' on. Your confused by TF's post and I'm confused as to why you ask a question to which you appear to have an answer. Be that as it may . . .
most charts are free nowadays provided by brokers
By and large, you get what you pay for in life. Quality, realtime streaming data is rarely free, not least because one has to pay exchange fees. I was with eSignal all last year and, although they're excellent IMO, they're anything but free. EoD data is more readily available for free, but again, free tends to mean (and I stress tends) - that there is limited functionality or mountainns of irritating advertising or data quality issues etc.
. . . and its not like everyone who trades has to go buy ten screens.... those who have multiple screens do so perhaps out of personal preference
True, but on average, I'd be happy to bet that most (not all, by any means, just most) of those traders who do use multiple screens - do so to display charts. Does that mean that everyone that uses more than one monitor only does so to display charts? No, of course not, but, as a generalization, it holds true in most cases.
Tim.

Market Depth

SuperDOM%203.png

Thanks TF. How does this work for the trader though, do some people base whole methods just on the Market Depth?

Oh dear TF, you've done it now. Give it half an hour or so and some 15 year old will be on 'ere telling us all how to scalp that for a couple of ticks!
:LOL:

Thanks TF. How does this work for the trader though, do some people base whole methods just on the Market Depth?

No idea mate. It shows bids bids and offers and actual trades flash up. Helps to gauge immediate supply and demand. I just find it easier than watching a candle flicker up and down tbh but it's the same thing.

Oh dear TF, you've done it now. Give it half an hour or so and some 15 year old will be on 'ere telling us all how to scalp that for a couple of ticks!

I know lol. Just tell him to take drugs again.

Yes HT, they do. (Some) institutional day traders (specifically scalpers) will work the market depth ladder and not use charts at all. Before someone shouts at me, I suppose I should add that there will be some retail day traders who do the same thing - or a variation thereof, e.g. rathcoole_exile (from earlier in the thread).

Not sure if this is directed at me? I was only asking since I've heard it thrown around here and there, yet there is so little written about it. There is more about useless indicators and it doesn't help as I'm studying price action...

Lol sorry Timsk. I thought you were talking to TF about me, since your post was directly after mine. And no, I'm not 15... anymore. :cheesy:

cancel the limit, have a stop 2 points/ticks on every limit.

It's far enough away from market to have time to cancel it, if not you always have your stop