Trading Without Charts?

Tim, RE scalps like a mohican on X/bolivian marching powder, who's just grown a pair of bollox...scalping is his thing...:D
Well, if you're right, then r_e isn't playing with a straight bat, and his trading style is adequately described in my first category relating to scalpers.

pick a price (at random if you don't believe in PPs)
decide what you're going to do when price hits that price
set in advance your Stop or Limit entries on the DOM
pre-set Targets, SL, movement of SL etc
go to pub

rinse & repeat....and not a chart in sight .......

and yes, this IS what I do every day ......

superb.. you must been taking quite a long journey to reach this level.. did you? :)

why would you ever wanna trade without charts
Because they . . .
1. reduce the screen real estate required which saves money on monitors.
2. reduce / eradicate subscription fees to a data / charting provider.
3. do not help (and may even hinder) your trading performance.
That's for traders who don't need or want charts. For those of us that do, point 3 does not apply and we can only do our best to mitigate the effects of points 1 and 2.

most charts are free nowadays provided by brokers and its not like everyone who trades has to go buy ten screens.... those who have multiple screens do so perhaps out of personal preference

The fact you said that charts are free when there are charts and there are charts and that multiple screens are personal preference

The fact you said that charts are free when there are charts and there are charts and that multiple screens are personal preference

i dont understand your statement about free charts ?

anyway it is a personal preference for multiple screens, some have 2 monitors some have 3 some have 4 so yes it is personal ....there is no fixed rule as to how many screens you need so whatever point you are tryin to make i am still confused