Trading with mp6140

Status
Not open for further replies.
one thing i have to say is there is a big difference between the USA and the UK as far as charts -- here in america we tend to like out indicators and squigglies, while the brits like it simpler --- all of my wasted youth was spent with brit cars, starting with a triumph 7 and moving up to an XKE (which would be rather nice to own now, considering its price) and even back then, an american chevy had more guages than the XKE ---- we just like to have more things spinning around, moving up and down and generally entertaining us than you do, but then we had central heat a long time before you guys did !

want excitement --- check this chart !

Attachments

• FANCY DIGITAL CHART.jpg
    FANCY DIGITAL CHART.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 249
one thing i have to say is there is a big difference between the USA and the UK as far as charts -- here in america we tend to like out indicators and squigglies, while the brits like it simpler --- all of my wasted youth was spent with brit cars, starting with a triumph 7 and moving up to an XKE (which would be rather nice to own now, considering its price) and even back then, an american chevy had more guages than the XKE ---- we just like to have more things spinning around, moving up and down and generally entertaining us than you do, but then we had central heat a long time before you guys did !

Ahh, but we had people first!!!

KISS.........

No excitement. Just profit.

As for cars......... Try the TVR or the Aston Martin. Same essence. Same rewards.

Attachments

• simple does.gif
    simple does.gif
    19.4 KB · Views: 225

Even I know American cars are rubbish, and I'm not in favour of the UK or anything, but European cars are much more friendly for the environment and drive a whole lot smoother! Not to mention faster ha!

Check out Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear) in this movie Clarkson: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly (2006) (V).

As for trading, most American books I've read use bar charts, Europeans have a tendency to use candles.

The problem with trendlines is that you need at least two points to draw one. By the time you get a third point that looks like it's on or around the line, you start thinking there's some magic to it. But there's not. Trendlines give an indication of trend and momentum.

Your comment about them being a road map is actually a good analogy.
For the same reason you don't use your map to tell you where to refuel, you don't use trendlines on themselves to tell you the exact entry/exit.

The problem with trendlines is that you need at least two points to draw one. By the time you get a third point that looks like it's on or around the line, you start thinking there's some magic to it. But there's not. Trendlines give an indication of trend and momentum.

For the same reason you don't use your map to tell you where to refuel, you don't use trendlines on themselves to tell you the exact entry/exit.

==================================================================

trendlines are where you SIT DOWN AND WAIT, go to the restroom, make love to your significant other or have a great meal ---- i was up late last nite watching the progress of eu, and finally had to decide it was gonna be a whopper of a long, set my trades and joy has come to mudville, for mikey did NOT strike out !

learn to use them and youll be a much happier, and richer, man !

heres a nice little chart (i removed the lines that tell me precisely whats happening, because im aware your eyes cant multitask) but you should be able to get the idea --- last nites run along the top LRC said to me, what with the news coming forth, that i should definitely be long overnite, and my golly are my accounts full of dollars today ---

obviously, since they didnt want to move the price up overnite, they were holding back for something, agreed ? Well, not much thought to WHAT they were holding back for it seems to me, and these transactions overnite were all done with NO stops for the brokers to hunt !

the LRC does MANY MANY THINGS, and without looking and giving it time for YOU to learn, its simple to dismiss and perhaps shows why the british empire is long gone --- just a stubborn bunch of people on a tight little island !

LOL

back later

mp

Attachments

• fireguys chart.jpg
    fireguys chart.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 221
==================================================================

...and perhaps shows why the british empire is long gone --- just a stubborn bunch of people on a tight little island !

LOL

back later

mp

:LOL: Fantastic! Nice one. You're ok you, Mp, but not everyone will agree with you. Don't fight it.

MP -- a little this, a little that and then off i go !

============================================================

actually, look before a trip one can plan their refueling stops based on known mileages between locations and the mpg the vehicle achieves, so its a rather easy bit of math to handle.

while they are perfectly good at giving exits, it is more precise (if im leaving a trade overnite) to use support and resistance --- easier to read on the chart and makes me more secure (remember, these trades are happening while i sleep and i cant baby sit them)

its easy to get "stuck" in using one method that works -- im probably a bit "stuck" about the LRC myself, but ALL i have ever said on this site is to LOOK at them --- nothing i presented is a "system" in and of itself because i use many combinations of events during my trading, adopting to what is happening before me, and it simply works for me --- for YOU and others all i have ever asked is you take a look and see if it could help or perhaps improve on the "system" you use.

oh, btw --- an interesting note here ---- over a period of years i have butted heads with many a person. Those who are patently "crooks" have not survived long and amazingly, some of my staunchest critics have become trading partners, as we both come to recognize the worth of our individual thoughts.

i have said what i have to say about you, my thoughts as to the origins of your thread, and having gone thru that, its gone, because no matter what i think, there is no way of "proving" anything and if one cannot prove, then one has to drop the discussion !

so further down the road, i would NOT be surprised to see us actually speaking civily to each other, and perhaps drawing on each others knowledge --- I may very well be a cussed old SOB, but im also a very FAIR cussed old SOB, so lets see where the future takes us, huh ?

life is funny, and then you spend the rest of your time, buried under 6 feet of dirt and holding your breath forever !

enjoy and trade well

mp

Even I know American cars are rubbish, and I'm not in favour of the UK or anything, but European cars are much more friendly for the environment and drive a whole lot smoother! Not to mention faster ha!

Check out Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear) in this movie Clarkson: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly (2006) (V).

As for trading, most American books I've read use bar charts, Europeans have a tendency to use candles.
============================================

dont misunderstand, as i have no love of american cars, having owned only two in 50 years of driving --- but i have gone thru abarths, fiats, MG, ausin healy, porsche, aston martin, jaguar (many jaguars and i mean MANY), so you see i was partial to the self inflicted pain known as the "british car".

i have a favorite theory that the spitfire of ww2 fame was built with such a HUGE wing chord, so as to allow it to GLIDE home from over the channel because the Lucas electrics would be known to give out at just the wrong time --- the wrong time being when the spitfire was up in the air !

even the japanese, when first starting to build decent cars, emulated the americans, but in their wisdom switched to copying the european car, but while the american car was designed for wide open spaces at high rates of speed (in texas, if you want a loaf of bread, it can be a 20 mile ride and the spaces between cities is enormous)and HUGE trunks (boot) to carry 10 peoples luggage, there are still only two cars that can exist in most of the south american countries --- the mercedes 220 diesel and the chevy V8, which is why you see them everywhere !

US cars have been forced to be better, but the funny part is that we sell more US cars to europe and the rest of the world than we do here, so "someone" likes them !

anyway, i still have to get out of here

mp

but while the american car was designed for wide open spaces at high rates of speed

55mph as a maximum limit is not what I would call a high rate of speed.

Paul

maybe if you post some before the event or LIVE calls MP you might change peoples opinions. (apologies if you have done else where but there seems to be some many posts going over this stuff i havent bothered to look through all of them yet)

55mph as a maximum limit is not what I would call a high rate of speed.

Paul
==========================================================

were past the double nickel paul, although now only allowed past towns -- this too shall past once we get the oil "crisis" taken care of.

some parts of the country is "reasonable and proper" which means, if you dont crash and kill yourself, its reasonable and proper speed.

but the american cars great hay day was BEFORE the double nickel was imposed, when "reasonable and proper" was more the law, and 75 - 85 mph the norm !

maybe if you post some before the event or LIVE calls MP you might change peoples opinions. (apologies if you have done else where but there seems to be some many posts going over this stuff i havent bothered to look through all of them yet)
=========================================================

having spent 5 years doing that for stocks in a live chat room, the process is not a stranger to me, but what timeframe ?

the half minute, one minute, 3 minute, 5 minute, 10 minute, 15 minute, 30 minute, hour, 4 hour, daily, weekly or monthly ?

i trade all of them, (ok, not the monthly very often) so which one ?

and yes, ive posted live trades on this and other sites before.
mp

were past the double nickel paul, although now only allowed past towns -- this too shall past once we get the oil "crisis" taken care of.

Fair point and something I didn't know. I remember visiting California and I hired a 1300cc Motorcycle to travel around on and I was doing well over 80mph and most of the traffic around me were going faster than that.

Paul

you can choose your time frame and instrument whatever your preference.

btw, not suggesting this because im having a go at you but results are often the fastest way to alter opinion ie by providing evidence. all the best.

having spent 5 years doing that for stocks in a live chat room, the process is not a stranger to me, but what timeframe ?

the half minute, one minute, 3 minute, 5 minute, 10 minute, 15 minute, 30 minute, hour, 4 hour, daily, weekly or monthly ?

mp

mp

Before you post a so called live trade, bud, you've got to weigh up the rewards. What's in it for you.

I think that you can see a version of it in St. Albans. What's left of it, that is.

Split
===============================================

i mean for the MASSES and not just THE UPPER CLASSES !

lol -- that was cute !

mp

Status
Not open for further replies.