Trading with mp6140

Status
Not open for further replies.
MP -- my super duper ace in the hole master of the time/space continuam macd/ma cross

Whew -- thats a mouthful

came up with this indicator about a year ago and found, over time, that i kept referring to it to spot trend and direction of the currency in any timeframe.

While its no great shakes, It does tell an awful lot about whats happening, how far a run may go and also makes one fine pizza !

It fits into ONE indicator panel and is a little tricky to set up if you dont know how to combine indicators into a single panel, but here goes.

MACD --- FAST (1), slow (5), MACD SMA (10) COLORS ARE -- MAIN (silver), SIGNAL (Magenta)
MOVING AVERAGES -- (2) exponential, yellow, applied to close, (5) simple, red, close
(12) exponential, Peru, close / (20) simple, lime, close / (50) exponential, Aqua, close.
Horizontal line --- (0.00) white

to set these up, you first build the MACD, then when you ADD another MA, you set it originally to "previous indicators data" in the "apply to" window --- once it has "stuck" to the previous indicator, you can then change it to its final "apply to", which in all cases is "close". Once the complete indicator is built, add the (0.00) horizontal white line.

on the chart i uploaded, note the white arrows on the MACD thingie ? when i went to copy it, the magenta line (macd) had not yet gone thru the agua line (50 ma), but not appears it wants to move up ALTHOUGH we wait here because the second and lower arrow HAS NOT broken thru or done anything but come to a point (thats those green, red and yellow lines)

First signs of breakthrough are the yellow line moving above the red line and you look up to your chart and see where the red or blue dots are, which are support and resistance. Continued breakthru of the other moving averages constitutes a LARGE move, and the magenta MACD line will show DIVERGENCE if a reverse is coming up.

It shows divergence by . . . . . . . . diverging ! What a concept ! On the longer timeframes it tends to act as a simple indicator, but on the shorter timeframes, if youre long and approaching resistance dots, you will prob see the MACD (magenta) has already turned down and is heading down, giving you an early warning of the reversal to come soon !

you may use any colors you wish, but if you use mine, youll immediately know what the indicator is saying on any chart i display, and will be able to say such really techie stuff like "the green one is above the yellow one and the red one is going thru them both and I think its going down !"

see, thats how we guru's talk to each other ! (LOL)

enjoy and trade well you useless twits

mp

Attachments

• GU MACD EXAMPLE.jpg
    GU MACD EXAMPLE.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
Whew -- thats a mouthful

came up with this indicator about a year ago and found, over time, that i kept referring to it to spot trend and direction of the currency in any timeframe.

While its no great shakes, It does tell an awful lot about whats happening, how far a run may go and also makes one fine pizza !

It fits into ONE indicator panel and is a little tricky to set up if you dont know how to combine indicators into a single panel, but here goes.

MACD --- FAST (1), slow (5), MACD SMA (10) COLORS ARE -- MAIN (silver), SIGNAL (Magenta)
MOVING AVERAGES -- (2) exponential, yellow, applied to close, (5) simple, red, close
(12) exponential, Peru, close / (20) simple, lime, close / (50) exponential, Aqua, close.

to set these up, you first build the MACD, then when you ADD another MA, you set it originally to "previous indicators data" in the "apply to" window --- once it has "stuck" to the previous indicator, you can then change it to its final "apply to", which in all cases is "close". Once the complete indicator is built, add the (0.00) horizontal white line.

on the chart i uploaded, note the white arrows on the MACD thingie ? when i went to copy it, the magenta line (macd) had not yet gone thru the agua line (50 ma), but not appears it wants to move up ALTHOUGH we wait here because the second and lower arrow HAS NOT broken thru or done anything but come to a point (thats those green, red and yellow lines)

First signs of breakthrough are the yellow line moving above the red line and you look up to your chart and see where the red or blue dots are, which are support and resistance. Continued breakthru of the other moving averages constitutes a LARGE move, and the magenta MACD line will show DIVERGENCE if a reverse is coming up.

It shows divergence by . . . . . . . . diverging ! What a concept ! On the longer timeframes it tends to act as a simple indicator, but on the shorter timeframes, if youre long and approaching resistance dots, you will prob see the MACD (magenta) has already turned down and is heading down, giving you an early warning of the reversal to come soon !

you may use any colors you wish, but if you use mine, youll immediately know what the indicator is saying on any chart i display, and will be able to say such really techie stuff like "the green one is above the yellow one and the red one is going thru them both and I think its going down !"

mp

Hi!

I had a great amount of pips yesterday just by trading the channels. Can not wait to see what else you have in your sleeve and try it out. One question: When you build this indicator, do you add all the ma to "previous" indicators data, or do you do that with just the first ma, and use "first indicators data" for the other ones?

Best Regards.

Last edited:
Hi!

I had a great amount of pips yesterday just by trading the channels. Can not wait to see what else you have in your sleeve and try it out. One question: When you build this indicator, do you add all the ma to "previous" indicators data, or do you do that with just the first ma, and use "first indicators data" for the other ones?

Best Regards.
\==========================================================
the macd does NOT have to be built to "previous indicator" ----- its home base !

the rest of the indicators have to be added as "previous" but you can choose to then CHANGE from "previous" to "close" as you do each indicator, or bring them all in and then change them to "close", but after setting the MACD "normally", ALL the rest have to be "attached" by using "previous" !

There is an ancient saying from wall street, which is all over the world by now (i would love to hear it in mandarin)

BEARS make money
BULLS make money
PIGS get slaughtered

CAREFUL my friend !

mp

Mp

Whew -- thats a mouthful

mp

Hi mp

Thats a very pretty set up, looks like hours of FUN :LOL:

This Pigs doing great but thanks for your concern, do not need all that Sh..t on my chart to make money and stay safe out there thats for sure, but hey if it works.......

went through that stage in the 1st month, better of with a good game of O & X imho if you do not no how to play see timsk over on the swing the Ftse thread he will give you a few pointers to set you off on the right foot

your inicials give better set ups on there own mate.................MP

I would leave it at that while your ahead

See you have a new mate, a real man of conviction................

HeiPaaDeg, took all of a dozon posts from people he does not even no to convert him from longterm investor to purveyor of total Sh..........................t !

Good Easter you 2

and good luck HeiPaaDeg, you will need it

Hi mp

Thats a very pretty set up, looks like hours of FUN :LOL:

This Pigs doing great but thanks for your concern, do not need all that Sh..t on my chart to make money and stay safe out there thats for sure, but hey if it works.......

went through that stage in the 1st month, better of with a good game of O & X imho if you do not no how to play see timsk over on the swing the Ftse thread he will give you a few pointers to set you off on the right foot

your inicials give better set ups on there own mate.................MP

I would leave it at that while your ahead

See you have a new mate, a real man of conviction................

HeiPaaDeg, took all of a dozon posts from people he does not even no to convert him from longterm investor to purveyor of total Sh..........................t !

Good Easter you 2

and good luck HeiPaaDeg, you will need it
=====================================================

Pride goeth before a fall ---- be VERY careful !

unfortunately, i barely understand the rest of your post !

mp

\==========================================================
the macd does NOT have to be built to "previous indicator" ----- its home base !

the rest of the indicators have to be added as "previous" but you can choose to then CHANGE from "previous" to "close" as you do each indicator, or bring them all in and then change them to "close", but after setting the MACD "normally", ALL the rest have to be "attached" by using "previous" !

There is an ancient saying from wall street, which is all over the world by now (i would love to hear it in mandarin)

BEARS make money
BULLS make money
PIGS get slaughtered

CAREFUL my friend !

mp

Maybe my searching skills are not what they should be, but where can I find this support and resistance indicator?

Best Regards

Edit: still long term investor here PinkPig. But hey, I headed over here, because I might learn something.

Maybe my searching skills are not what they should be, but where can I find this support and resistance indicator?

Best Regards
==========================================================

all the normal download sites, forexfactory and forex - tsd among them

remember "support and resistance" with the "and" in there !

s + r better than just trading channels, as the channels WILL work, but the price does NOT always immediately move from one to another ---- would be great if it did !!

mp

Guys, I'm sure your being too cynical of our new and enthusiastic members. MP6140, If you do have access to the indicators it would be good if you could drop them in here for anyone who follows your thread through later.

=====================================================

Pride goeth before a fall ---- be VERY careful !

unfortunately, i barely understand the rest of your post !

mp

mp

I have no pride left, the markets have stripped me of it a long long time ago, was not very much left anyway the Bookies had the 1st bite in my youth

If you do not now what MP stands for I suggest you stop trading now and find out boy before you advise someone to do something they might regret

again good Easter to you

Last edited:
Guys, I'm sure your being too cynical of our new and enthusiastic members. MP6140, If you do have access to the indicators it would be good if you could drop them in here for anyone who follows your thread through later.

=======================================================

unfortunately, about to leave for a few moments of "entertainment" and not back for a couple hours --- will post them then !

mp

mp

I have no pride left, the markets have stripped me of it a long long time ago, was not very much left anyway the Bookies had the 1st bite in my youth

If you do not now what MP stands for I suggest you stop trading now and find out boy what it does stand for before you advise someone to do something they might regret

again good Easter to you

=================================================
sorry Pink, but I havent a clue ---- Im a Yank, and therefore have no education at all, as Im sure you know !

lol

mp

sorry Pink, but I havent a clue ---- Im a Yank, and therefore have no education at all, as Im sure you know !

lol

mp

I do not judge a man from where he comes from MP

Market profile

0 & X point and figure

You can post what you like and any method you like mp, I have no problem with anothers method

RULES

ENTRY

EXIT

RISK per trade

If it contains the above, even some of them would be nice, put it forward in an open way

Your giving tools(well open to debate imho) so people can trade and leaving them to sort out the rules themselves

who do you work for mp, sorry which sb firm, :?: business can not be that bad these days can it:?: thought you guys were rocking at the minute

Last edited:
==========================================================

all the normal download sites, forexfactory and forex - tsd among them

remember "support and resistance" with the "and" in there !

s + r better than just trading channels, as the channels WILL work, but the price does NOT always immediately move from one to another ---- would be great if it did !!

mp

mp

whats wrong with a rule :?:

andy

I do not judge a man from where he comes from MP

Market profile

0 & X point and figure

You can post what you like and any method you like mp, I have no problem with anothers method

RULES

ENTRY

EXIT

RISK per trade

If it contains the above, even some of them would be nice, put it forward in an open way

Your giving tools(well open to debate imho) so people can trade and leaving them to sort out the rules themselves

who do you work for mp, sorry which sb firm, :?: business can not be that bad these days can it:?: thought you guys were rocking at the minute

===================================================================
it was a joke Pink, just a joke --- I dont ask to be judged by anyone, or care if they do --- theyll always get it wrong anyway !

mp stands for "market profile ??"

while i PRESENT the tools I use, I have in no manner gotten to the point of how to use them, although most are pretty self-explanatory in reality.

Once the "tools" are in place and people can see how they work, then I can go thru the processes I use when trading. Dont expect "risk" to be in there because first , its a concept I dont understand with its emphasis on accounting more than trading ("oh my, the risk/reward ratio is too high -- I wont take this trade")

OH PHOOEY ON RISK/REWARD !

the reason I like working with women WAY MORE than with men is because women are more patient, more interested and dont have overdoses of testosterone --- they also READ the directions !

as i understand what youre saying, all i see is a lot of impatience, and impatience is a killer in the markets.

I do not work for anybody, and have not for probably close to 35 years now --- I operate a NYS registered financial holding company, with emphasis on military pensions and have opened a relatively small hedge fund (a TRUE hedge fund, not like those clowns who have gotten themselves into trouble by straying from what their real job was !) and I proceed at the pace I choose, running the company more on the principal of "slow and steady wins the race !"

While I flip the one and 5 minute timeframes, most of my trades work the 15 min and up, especially after 5pm est, when i just set auto trades on the H1 or H4, which you guys bring to fruition while Im sleeping.

That leaves me a lot of time to do what i like best --- oooooops, sorry --- shouldnt get into the McGiver sisters too often as they are delicate flowers !

LOL

mp

===================================================================
it was a joke Pink, just a joke --- I dont ask to be judged by anyone, or care if they do --- theyll always get it wrong anyway !

mp stands for "market profile ??"

while i PRESENT the tools I use, I have in no manner gotten to the point of how to use them, although most are pretty self-explanatory in reality.

Once the "tools" are in place and people can see how they work, then I can go thru the processes I use when trading. Dont expect "risk" to be in there because first , its a concept I dont understand with its emphasis on accounting more than trading ("oh my, the risk/reward ratio is too high -- I wont take this trade")

OH PHOOEY ON RISK/REWARD !

the reason I like working with women WAY MORE than with men is because women are more patient, more interested and dont have overdoses of testosterone --- they also READ the directions !

as i understand what youre saying, all i see is a lot of impatience, and impatience is a killer in the markets.

I do not work for anybody, and have not for probably close to 35 years now --- I operate a NYS registered financial holding company, with emphasis on military pensions and have opened a relatively small hedge fund (a TRUE hedge fund, not like those clowns who have gotten themselves into trouble by straying from what their real job was !) and I proceed at the pace I choose, running the company more on the principal of "slow and steady wins the race !"

While I flip the one and 5 minute timeframes, most of my trades work the 15 min and up, especially after 5pm est, when i just set auto trades on the H1 or H4, which you guys bring to fruition while Im sleeping.

That leaves me a lot of time to do what i like best --- oooooops, sorry --- shouldnt get into the McGiver sisters too often as they are delicate flowers !

LOL

mp

Hi mp

I agree 200% and could be why I trade the small timeframes well and am next to useless higher up

on you go, I have had my say just do not like to get slaughtered without putting up a fight. Don"t foget

I have wings mp

Have a good Easter mp

Andy

Attachments

• pinkpig.jpg
    pinkpig.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 557
  • piggy wing design.jpg
    piggy wing design.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 537
I think I might have to apologize to you mp. I have now done 40 trades with trade channels like you said and I have a 72% win ratio. My account is up 26%. This is demo so it proves nothing of course!

I use none of that spaghetti **** you posted, but just trend channels in different time frames.

Best Regards

I think I might have to apologize to you mp. I have now done 40 trades with trade channels like you said and I have a 72% win ratio. My account is up 26%. This is demo so it proves nothing of course!

I use none of that spaghetti **** you posted, but just trend channels in different time frames.
Best Regards
================================================

ONLY 72% ? ? ? ? ? ?

mp

Sure, if you care to explain how to use all that spaghetti, then I might increase it :)

LOL

so many kinds of pasta -- so hard to explain all of them ! That would have to be an advanced course, I guess.

most impt i would imagine is to always use your s+r overlays ---- they work REALLY swell with the channels

mp

Status
Not open for further replies.