Trading videos

Agpilot

To All:
I just started looking at these videos,made by des44, this last weekend. Very nice.

My question: Anybody know what software is needed to made these? Where is more info about the common formats. I've got a new microphone someplace in my storage area that I could find.... so what else would be the basic needs to make my own video for posting? This has got to be the best way yet to share trading info. agpilot

Agpilot said:
My question: Anybody know what software is needed to made these?

There are a number of alternatives, just try Googling:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=record+desktop&btnG=Search&meta=

Here are a few that turned up but there are lots more:

http://www.bbsoftware.co.uk/BBFlashBack.aspx

http://www.instant-demo.com

http://multimedia.downloadatoz.com/my-screen-recorder/

http://screenplay.huelix.com/?g=c1-screen-capture

http://www.deskshare.com/msr.aspx

Some are cheap, some not so cheap. I haven't tried it myself.

ardhill said:
There are a number of alternatives, just try Googling:
http://www.google.co.uk/ [url]http://screenplay.huelix.com/?g=c1-screen-capture

Some are cheap, some not so cheap. I haven't tried it myself.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks ardhill
I know and use Google everyday. I was posting to keep the idea of using-sharing videos active. Why bother getting the software and recording-posting ideas if no one else will post their videos? Many said they liked it but not many seem ready to do it themselves.
The screenplay by huelix seemed to be worth trying. The WMV format seems to be favored for posting on forums as it's much smaller than the AVI format.
I like the reserved flavor of T2W but Iam wondering if there is any other site where videos are a very active part of the exchange of information on trading? Thanks.. agpilot

If anyone is inspired to experiment with videos feel free to submit them to the Knowledge Lab as articles - I think this should work well and there seem to be a few in the pipeline...

Agpilot said:
To All:
I just started looking at these videos,made by des44, this last weekend. Very nice.

My question: Anybody know what software is needed to made these? Where is more info about the common formats. I've got a new microphone someplace in my storage area that I could find.... so what else would be the basic needs to make my own video for posting? This has got to be the best way yet to share trading info. agpilot

i am considering creating a series of flash/video tutorials on candlestick charting techniques.... would anyone here be interested in something like that? I wonder if that would be a marketable product?

if anything, at least a helpful site.

goodedesign said:
i am considering creating a series of flash/video tutorials on candlestick charting techniques.... would anyone here be interested in something like that? I wonder if that would be a marketable product?

if anything, at least a helpful site.

We'd happily consider hosting them for you - I'll send you a private message.

Daniel said:
We'd happily consider hosting them for you - I'll send you a private message.

tell ya what... my company (Goode Design) is looking to score some business with Stephen Bigalow in making these kind of Candlestick Flash tutorials for him... I will create some test versions with good info and allow you to show them... then i will direct him here so that he can evaluate them?

i'm not sure as to how the details will work, but basically the test project will at LEAST be shown to you... Of course, if he licenses the product, we will likely be selling it thru his site... but at least i can entertain the idea here... and you get some free material. It is still a couple of months off. so, i'll keep in touch.

btw... i highly recommend a book by martin pring called an introduction to technical analysis.

Hello All
Well... I finally had some time to start playing with some of those video screen recorders that are listed earlier in this string. I wanted to DnLoad a trial from Huelix but I just noticed it requires Win 2000 or Win XP and I've been running Win 98SE since its release. I do not want to take time to switch over right now just to test these videos. (Both of my computers are working quite well so that's another reason to NOT switch right now)
So I DnLoaded a trial of DeskShares $30 program. I'll attach the second video just to see what it looks like. It may be fuzzy. Their help file suggested different "Compression files" so that may help quality.. Anyway, here is a test video.. agpilot

Ps anybody else trying out making videos?? Post some examples. Thanks all.

Edit: Forgot to say there is no audio... I couldn't find the mike... yet.

Attachments

• Video2.avi
    780 KB · Views: 474
Last edited:
Agpilot,

I get an error with Media Player, says it might not support the file type, or might not support the codec used to compress the file.

Hi mutantcar:

It worked for me. After I posted I logged off and a few minutes later logged back on to T2W and double clicked the video2 attachment and my "Windows Media Player" version 6.4.07.1121 played it back fine... Do you have Media Player updates from MSFT?
I seem to remember it not loading once befor posting but I closed all programs and started over and it loaded just fine several times so I posted it on the T2W site. It then played for me from there. I hope others can view it. Well.. this is what testing is about.. I guess..
THANKS for trying to take a look... agpilot

Hello all

Well.. I see that the video was tried almost 30 times. So nobody else posted that they had problems getting it open..? Kinda hard to tell if nobody else makes a helpful comment.

Yes the chart is fuzzy but their help file suggested trying different compressor files.

Even with marginal image, I can still see where a one minute video would present a good and quick way to state ones reasons for a buy sell or hold.

Anyone else trying screen videos.? Would you post a sample.? Thanks. agpilot

Edit: Most of the software is FREE to at least try for a while.

Last edited:
Hi Agpilot,

This the detail of the error I'm getting, excuse the formatting:

C00D1199: Cannot play the file
Windows Media Player cannot play the file. You might encounter this error message for one of the following reasons:

The file type is not supported by the Player. For a list of file types (formats) that are supported by Windows Media Player, see Supported file types.
The file type is supported by the Player, but the file was compressed by using a codec that is not supported by the Player.
The file type is supported, but you are trying to play it in a way that is not supported by the Player. For example, you might have tried to drag a DVD file with a .vob extension from a DVD to the Windows Media Player icon. Or you might have tried to open a .vob file by clicking Open on the File menu.
You are trying to play one part of a multipart file. Use a newsreader or other program to combine the files, and then try again.
Error ID = 0xC00D1199, Condition ID = 0x00000000
Web Help

My Media Player version is 10.00.00.3646, Win XP Pro SP2. I use Windows Update, so should be up to date. This is on my laptop, I'll try my desktop at some point, but that's also same versions so suspect I'll get the same result. I can play other .avi's fine.

HTH.

Hi again mutantcar
Sorry it did not work on your laptop.. It sure would be helpful if most of the other 40 "hits" on my video would report their results in trying it. Maybe it needs another "compressor file" that was mentioned in their help file. It works on two of my computers (Win 98SE)...
You might post your error on http:\\forums\techguy.org or any other tech support website?

My main reason for posting is to test T2W website for interest in using and posting videos.
There seems to be quite a few "hits" for 24 hours but they all don't seem to want to post any helpful additional comments in return.. I see also that des44 topic has not had many extra posts when des44 stops either. I plan on using a video to record my various reason for taking new trades.. If I can't make a one minute video explaining why I should buy then I'll back off. Screen recording just seems to me the way to go in logging trading. (for myself anyway)
Catch ya later... agpilot

Hi AG

I think it's a great idea to post videos in this way. Unfortunately I couldn't get it to work either - same error message as the other poster - but then I am 'technically challenged'

Cheers

goodedesign said:
tell ya what... my company (Goode Design) is looking to score some business with Stephen Bigalow in making these kind of Candlestick Flash tutorials for him... I will create some test versions with good info and allow you to show them... then i will direct him here so that he can evaluate them?

i'm not sure as to how the details will work, but basically the test project will at LEAST be shown to you... Of course, if he licenses the product, we will likely be selling it thru his site... but at least i can entertain the idea here... and you get some free material. It is still a couple of months off. so, i'll keep in touch.

Sounds good - keep us posted...

Daniel said:
Hi AG

I think it's a great idea to post videos in this way. Unfortunately I couldn't get it to work either - same error message as the other poster - but then I am 'technically challenged'

Cheers

Hi Daniel:
Well... then post a couple of sample videos you've made?

Most are FREE to try so why not give it a try... don't everybody be shy. .agpilot

Edit: The compressor file may be too old for XP but OK for slightly older op systems.

Could try camstudio, put into google for downlaod sites.... its free to use, but does look like may only do avi files