Trading the SPX

Joules MM1 said:
As one tutor told me recently (2004) "Some 90% of all options traders lose their money"

Have also read that stat but seen it rubbished somewhere by an option trader, the statistic as I have seen it actually states that 90% of option contracts expire worthless, however even on a logical basis that smells as everybody would be writing options contracts.

Joules MM1 said:
As one tutor told me recently (2004) "Some 90% of all options traders lose their money"

lol i like where you are coming from on this one..

move the market to cause the maximum loss.

hmm, i wonder which direction that might be....

hmm

;)

Joules MM1 said:
The bounce looks genuine yet there's a sneaky widdle waskel called the breadth that's saying it aint necessarily so Ma.......

He he, see that but it is improving steadily and Nas internals are quite strong. SOX leads the Naz leads the markets

roguetrader said:
He he, see that but it is improving steadily and Nas internals are quite strong. SOX leads the Naz leads the markets

Eerr steady teddy, may have to eat that comment.

Still that's me done for the week, don't like Friday afternoons, too much positioning for the weekend

Joules MM1 said:
Slightly off the track if youre looking for a good wine I highly commend Penfolds Bin 389 1994 Cab Sav. A very nice drop and extremely hard to get these days. Worth the hunt. I'll be looking to pop one (maybe two) this weekend.

and how exactly is that "off-track"? wine is compulsory from the age of 14 onwards...

im more a pouilly fume man myself...

will need a lot of booze in 2 weeks.. CIMA final exams coming up, loadsa revision required.. boo hoo.

see you all sporadically over the next fortnight..

fc

Indeed one or two interesting economic snippets out this week, may give the mkts something to chew on.

Joules, what would you say options are primarily used for,in your opinion, hedging or speculation?

BTW as an aside TRIN's don't look so hot right at the moment

Total volume comparison

Attachments

• snapshot-5.png
    snapshot-5.png
    33 KB · Views: 257
  • snapshot-6.png
    snapshot-6.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 263
Well that takes care of 1163, unless the wheels come off in the last 30 I guess the bovines have it.

Volume comparison at the end.

Attachments

• snapshot-5.png
    snapshot-5.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 219
  • snapshot-6.png
    snapshot-6.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 209