Trading the spot market using price & time analysis.

YachtFund said:
JonnyT, what sort of educational resources would you recommend for better understanding price action (I presume candlestick type books...).
Screen Time.

JonnyT

:) thought so JonnyT.

With regards to indicators, I see that understanding price action without indicators is a good thing but they do help in the respect of trading a system, red and blue lines clearly might show an entry etc. I believe systems do work and one problem is sticking to them, indicators help do that, they make it far clearer.

Saying that, I am new so might change my mind next week.

tick volume

Was wondering if anyone uses tick volume as an indication of activity at a certain price?

Am I correct in saying that a tick volume chart displays the number of ticks for that timeframe with a specific broker? In other words since FX spot is an interbank market you will not see all the volume on this chart but only for the trades with your data providers broker?

I've tried to incorporate it into what I am doing, but it does not seem to vary enough to be useful.
To be fair I use Metatrader's volume charts and it might not be the most active platform around.

Last edited: