Trading the Gaps

We both nearly got stopped there for a moment. One tick! I actually still expect a stop today. We'll see. The best of lack to you, Comrade!

Stop just filled!

The streak ends, it was a good one about 10 in a row. Long live the gap trade lol

My only craziness today was going long before the open.
[Edit] Low of day was ONE point below my stop. Not waiting for the open was my undoing today. That was all. Gap came within ticks of closing, by the way! I take the occasion to reinforce my belief, big gaps can be faded. Had I been more patient today, I would have made that point more poignantly, with a win. Instead, I offer yet again three points in the altar of discipline, and relearn a lesson.

Last edited:
My only craziness today was going long before the open.
[Edit] Low of day was ONE point below my stop. Not waiting for the open was my undoing today. That was all. Gap came within ticks of closing, by the way! I take the occasion to reinforce my belief, big gaps can be faded. Had I been more patient today, I would have made that point more poignantly, with a win. Instead, I offer yet again three points in the altar of discipline, and relearn a lesson.

You still going to do your weekly blog? I really enjoy it.

Thanks,

Rich

What is ISM?

Thanks,

Rich

The Institute for Supply Management surveys more than 300 manufacturing firms on employment, production, new orders, supplier deliveries, and inventories. A composite diffusion index of national manufacturing conditions is constructed, where readings above (below) 50 percent indicate an expanding (contracting) factory sector. Export orders, import orders, backlog orders and prices paid for raw and unfinished materials are also measured, but these are not included in the overall index

Trading everyday, Rich. It just gets hectic with posting. I also feel my contribution to this thread has reached its potential. My posting all particularities here would now lean towards exhibitionism.

Will you be sharing the project you have been working on for the past month and a half and how that works? I have benefited greatly from your research on gap trading so looking forward to anything new from you.

Trading everyday, Rich. It just gets hectic with posting. I also feel my contribution to this thread has reached its potential. My posting all particularities here would now lean towards exhibitionism.
If you ever sell your info I will be a buyer however, I'm glad it is free.

If you ever sell your info I will be a buyer however, I'm glad it is free.

Thanks for the consideration, Rich! At least for the present time (never say never, they say) I prefer to make my living trading. I have enjoyed sharing what I know, or what I am learning, with fellow traders. Stay tuned to my blog, where I will share the progress on the new method I am testing.