Trading the Gaps

I was long but did not get filled to close so came out with a market order a few minutes later to take 2pts today.

I hope you are still persevering. Price appeared to go for closure and did an immediate 180 on the 10 o'clock report. I did catch some 'bottom' action and am currently long again (37.75) since 11:20.

I hope you are still persevering. Price appeared to go for closure and did an immediate 180 on the 10 o'clock report. I did catch some 'bottom' action and am currently long again (37.75) since 11:20.

thanks for your posting.

This long you are holding must be the new strategy that you are testing. Because I remember you were saying you dont like(or rare to play) to trade 100% of the gap.

The testing models seems to have bigger profit target much higher than simple gap set ups. on current trade, is exit point trailing or close for the gap?

If you dont like to comment on a set up which is still in the test stage, I understand.

good trading.

It's ok. This entry you quote is not actually related to gap, as the new method tested is not gap related. I got done with the gap play as soon as I posted that my second target was hit. After I exit the gap trade, gap stops being the 'indicator' for me, rather I look at the good old fashioned volume/price relationship. Here I saw a bottom and got in long, it just happened to be in the same direction as the gap.

2pts - glad this one worked out. Had quite a few SL's recently for one reason or another.