Trading the Darvas Method

let's try the EUR then...

Attachments

• EUR.JPG
    EUR.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 312
maybe I should have taken this one ! I was busy elsewhere and didn't catch it ! Hope some of you did for at least 5 or six pips

If the GBP breaks below 1.8799 which it couldn't at 1530 what will happen then guys !!

Attachments

• gbp.JPG
    gbp.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 280
JillyB said:
We've had too very nice breakouts from the Darvas box formations this morning. The first happened at 9.30am with a breakout above the high of the 8.20am candle at 1.8291. A possible 35-40 pips off this one.

The second one happened at 11.00am with a breakout above the high of the 9.45am candle at 1.8356. A possible 25-30 pips off this one.

Did anyone catch these? Unfortunately I was working on other things and missed them both. :eek:

Jilly,

Not trading the Darvas method anymore? PS. You are welcome back in The Live Cable thread.

hey tunnel,

you asked to have the stop moved up from under the box to just below the top of the box.......

well you`re absolutely right..........thats exactly what Darvas did!

he didn`t want a big loss if he was wrong...........

so if the high of a stock in the box was $ 50.00, he would place a buy order for $ 50.10 and
put the stop loss order at $ 49.90......

hope this helps

Darvas only works in strong bull markets

indexgold said:
someone wrote

he was plain lucky in one of his trades that made almost 850000 with maximum leverage..It could have turned to be a BIg loser.. So money management was not something
he cared

Very true.....Be careful, it's not the holy grail

I was a big Darvas fan 10 years ago. 1. The markets information was a lot slower than compared to today. Plus the method only works in a very strong bull market. I know everything about the system. He wrote a couple of other books too. Im sorry to say the system no longer works as well. Be prepared for a lot of wipsaws.

Darvas & TradeStation

Does anyone know of any available TS code for the Darvas box?