Trading the Darvas Method

You are only showing the winners Mr Black, there are lots of failed trades on the chart also.

indexgold said:
Baruch I don't know how to post a chart, take a look you see them on eur and gbp

Save your chart as a .jpg or .png file and then go to 'Manage Attachments' at the bottom of the bit where you've typed in your reply. Click on it and you will be able to upload a chart from your pc.

We've had too very nice breakouts from the Darvas box formations this morning. The first happened at 9.30am with a breakout above the high of the 8.20am candle at 1.8291. A possible 35-40 pips off this one.

The second one happened at 11.00am with a breakout above the high of the 9.45am candle at 1.8356. A possible 25-30 pips off this one.

Did anyone catch these? Unfortunately I was working on other things and missed them both. :eek:

JillyB said:
We've had too very nice breakouts from the Darvas box formations this morning. The first happened at 9.30am with a breakout above the high of the 8.20am candle at 1.8291. A possible 35-40 pips off this one.

The second one happened at 11.00am with a breakout above the high of the 9.45am candle at 1.8356. A possible 25-30 pips off this one.

Did anyone catch these? Unfortunately I was working on other things and missed them both. :eek:

Hi Jill, Lucky for me I have a day off today and yes I did catch them and also got a few pips when they retraced too. Great days trading so far. Going out now to get a breath of air then back to see what the septic's (cockney rhyming slang for those not in the know ;-) ) have for us this afternoon when they open.

good luck all

Darvas just formed
Fast scalp

Attachments

• Dbox.JPG
    Dbox.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 337
  • Dbox1.JPG
    Dbox1.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 886
Last edited:
Breakout ?

Hi folks;

Possible Darvas box forming for a breakout to the upside.

Regards VSATrader

Attachments

• Darvas breakout.jpg
    Darvas breakout.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 402
Possible

I only said possibly, not for sure, and prices bounced of the top of the box after I had posted and declined, I was only pointing it out.

Regards VSATrader

Darvas just now
This was 20 piper

Attachments

• darvas.gif
    darvas.gif
    13.9 KB · Views: 276
  • darvas1.gif
    darvas1.gif
    13.8 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:
possible darvas on cable, 15-mins ?

Attachments

• darvas_may04.GIF
    darvas_may04.GIF
    56.7 KB · Views: 288
...yes, nicely off the overnight high...coupla reports at 13:30 that might add a bit of spice...oanda widening spread right on cue. (up to 7 now, rather than 3).

JillyB said:
Save your chart as a .jpg or .png file and then go to 'Manage Attachments' at the bottom of the bit where you've typed in your reply. Click on it and you will be able to upload a chart from your pc.

Hey Jill,
Just want to know how you do this as I know you're using CMC aswell. I can't work out how to save the chart and then post ! Maybe me being stupid I know, it has been said many times before !

good trading,
Martin

Martin

Priceman said:
Hey Jill,
Just want to know how you do this as I know you're using CMC aswell. I can't work out how to save the chart and then post ! Maybe me being stupid I know, it has been said many times before !

good trading,
Martin

Hit "PrtScm" on your keyboard (Printscreen) - open "Paint" and press "Edit" - then press "Paste" and there you are.......do any editing then press "Save" but make sure you save as "Jpeg" - then go to upload manager on T2W.

Thats it
;)

neil said:
Hit "PrtScm" on your keyboard (Printscreen) - open "Paint" and press "Edit" - then press "Paste" and there you are.......do any editing then press "Save" but make sure you save as "Jpeg" - then go to upload manager on T2W.

Thats it
;)

Neil, nobody likes a smarta$$ ;-) only kidding thanks a mill. Now I may be able to post some useful stuff... if anyone wants to listen to me that is !!

cheers,
Martin

If you do Alt and PrintScrn at the same time, you will get just the current active window, which means you have less editing to do...

Stew

Here was me going to post a chart saying why I thought the GBP had bottomed out at 1.8896 and then look what happens !!

don't ever listen to me ;-(