Trading Systems Forex - Simpler the better-

TheWolf said:
Baruch, i thought we are talking about trending markets? Fundamentals and esp big shocks like the bombs don't represent trending markets. ;)

All markets are fundamental markets, because it's the fundamentals, which create the sentiment, and therefore the trends. I have never seen a big trend without a fundamental reason. :idea:
Thereforeit is a very good idea also to follow the US bond market, when you trade. Many times it signals when the big moves first.

Baruch said:
All markets are fundamental markets, because it's the fundamentals, which create the sentiment, and therefore the trends. I have never seen a big trend without a fundamental reason. :idea:
Thereforeit is a very good idea also to follow the US bond market, when you trade. Many times it signals when the big moves first.

What else should make the big trends if not the fundamentals? Commercial orders? Yes, commercial orders are a big part of the forex market, but why should they make trends? With fundamentals I don't only mean news, but also the sentiment - right or wrong - which it makes. How about the TA traders? I don't think they have much impact (maybe in Cable, which is partly dominated by traders), because most of the big boys like Soros are fundamental traders, and don't make their trading decisions because of TA. Only the small traders do that.

Zenda said:
This is a very simple MA crossover on CMS - use it as a quick guide wnen trading thought it might show Keep it Simple - Live chart 17.15 today :p USD/CAD - It just shows the opportunities missed daily! by concentrating on the Euro & Cable :)

Sorry that I and others wrote about other things than simple systems. I will stop with that. So back to what this thread is all about.
About MA: I don't use MA, but if I should, it would be on a big time frame like 8 or 4 hours. If you look at such a chart with a 40 MA, you see it can make huge profits, when the trend is long and strong. But I don't know if it works in the real world? :?: