The Volatile IBEX - a simple trading strategy..

Lovely 'puppies' on the Dax and Ibex this morning. Trading the strategy this week has been like shooting fish in a barrel.

I think our work here is done :eek: what shall we move on to next lads ?

Dr Randgold-Krug.

hi m8, no puppies for me yet on ibex today but managed to fondle these beauties yesterday:D ...

Attachments

• IBEX-35.png
    IBEX-35.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
hi m8, no puppies for me yet on ibex today but managed to fondle these beauties yesterday:D ...

BD - IBEX 5 min chart, 8.15am onwards this morning. Long signal +74 pips. Same time DAX 3 min chart, but only managed 21 pips there :(

Sort of lost interest now, my daily (and weekly target) met, so I'm off for an early 'long weekend'. I don't fancy giving it all back !!

Options/fibonelli - I do quite fancy looking for a longer timeframe strategy, so I can spend less time in front of these screens, more time on the 'hobbies'. I glanced briefly at the Dax Daily charts for 2007, and the puppies didn't look quick enough for the few drops that we've had. Any other suggestions ?

Dr. Weekendgoldkrug.
:cheesy:

cheers Nick, have a good one !!!
See you here Monday fully refreshed and ready for a new week's battles :cool:

garry

See you here Monday fully refreshed and ready for a new week

And cheers to you Garry. As I said earlier, it would be nice if we could get our heads together next week and concoct (?) an EOD strategy for the good of the 'Puppies' Club

Keep Smut off the boards

Brutus - stop this smutty talk...Options will suffer palpatations if you keep mentioning that verb "Fondling." He's no youngster you know!:eek: :LOL:

BD - IBEX 5 min chart, 8.15am onwards this morning. Long signal +74 pips. Same time DAX 3 min chart, but only managed 21 pips there :(

Sort of lost interest now, my daily (and weekly target) met, so I'm off for an early 'long weekend'. I don't fancy giving it all back !!

Options/fibonelli - I do quite fancy looking for a longer timeframe strategy, so I can spend less time in front of these screens, more time on the 'hobbies'. I glanced briefly at the Dax Daily charts for 2007, and the puppies didn't look quick enough for the few drops that we've had. Any other suggestions ?

Dr. Weekendgoldkrug.
:cheesy:

Dr. Weekendgoldkrug (eh?!)
Not sure if 39-2-8 will work well on daily. It looks horrible on FTSE100 :LOL:
Fibonelli

Dr. Weekendgoldkrug (eh?!)
Not sure if 39-2-8 will work well on daily. It looks horrible on FTSE100 :LOL:
Fibonelli

I agree, we're going to have to do some digging next week - mucking about with the settings on our favourite indicators. Divergence works well on the Daily Charts it seems, but don't appear very often....

The Doc.

PS. I'm NOW going - off to start my long weekend, these boards can become addictive !!

I agree, we're going to have to do some digging next week - mucking about with the settings on our favourite indicators. Divergence works well on the Daily Charts it seems, but don't appear very often....

The Doc.

PS. I'm NOW going - off to start my long weekend, these boards can become addictive !!

enjoy it doc, i think the 1 hour is great for the swing trades, esp if spreadbetting, can use the same system and it gets the most out of the big moves without being to whippy, dont need to constantly be at the screen either maybe keep an eye a few times each session but thats about it. have a good weekend, with or without puppies to entertain you:D

Okay lads, what I've found is this. The 'puppies' still work on the hourly, but of course they take longer to develop.

That divergence aside, if you use the stoch as it was meant to be used, IE short coming off the top through the 80 and long coming off the bottom through the 20.

You may be able to spot more trades that way that aren't 'puppies' but still give a bit of milage. Of course if the two develop together... :devilish: :devilish: :devilish:

Okay lads, what I've found is this. The 'puppies' still work on the hourly, but of course they take longer to develop.

That divergence aside, if you use the stoch as it was meant to be used, IE short coming off the top through the 80 and long coming off the bottom through the 20.

You may be able to spot more trades that way that aren't 'puppies' but still give a bit of milage. Of course if the two develop together... :devilish: :devilish: :devilish:

cheers m8, did you get my pm.

Small Puppies = Kate Moss
Large Puppies = Katie Price

From now on..... :LOL:

Now I've got the laptop sorted and can attach some charts, I though I'd let you see this one, from this morning's trading ( a little short on the Ibex ) Not 'Puppies' in the true sense, but still a perfectly safe tradeable strategy. As soon as the Stoch goes below 80 we're 'on alert' and then a little while later, we're off. I'm now using DEMA's (7 &21) and they seem to be working A1. The Rsi is only there to look for divergence, no other reason.
Another thing to notice is - look how well the pivot points are working today !
Happy trading everyone, and be on the look out for KATE & KATIES....

Nick

Attachments

• Those Spanish Pups...doc
    112 KB · Views: 326
Katie's chest...

Nice pair of Katies this morning on the Dax, 08:06am (chart below) - we all knew there was a short coming up, but it's nice to see it confirmed - TRADE WHAT YOU SEE, NOT WHAT YOU THINK

Monthly meeting of C.A.P.E. (Campaign Against Puppy Entrapment) tonight at the Railway Tavern, Chelmsford (with lap dancing next door !!:LOL: )

Dr. Ibex

Attachments

• Couple of Katies...doc
    101 KB · Views: 301
Nice pair of Katies this morning on the Dax, 08:06am (chart below) - we all knew there was a short coming up, but it's nice to see it confirmed - TRADE WHAT YOU SEE, NOT WHAT YOU THINK

Monthly meeting of C.A.P.E. (Campaign Against Puppy Entrapment) tonight at the Railway Tavern, Chelmsford (with lap dancing next door !!:LOL: )

Dr. Ibex

Can you post pics of those puppies?