Trading Systems Forex - Simpler the better-

Zenda

This is a very simple MA crossover on CMS - use it as a quick guide wnen trading thought it might show Keep it Simple - Live chart 17.15 today :p USD/CAD - It just shows the opportunities missed daily! by concentrating on the Euro & Cable :)

Attachments

• US-CAD.JPG
    US-CAD.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 2,997
Zenda said:
This is a very simple MA crossover on CMS - use it as a quick guide wnen trading thought it might show Keep it Simple - Live chart 17.15 today :p USD/CAD - It just shows the opportunities missed daily! by concentrating on the Euro & Cable :)

Zenda,

I would have to agree with you, MA's are very simple. I have only been working with MA's a little while but i do not rely on them alone.

Have you tried using them as a sole indicator? if so how did you get on?
is it just a 10min chart it works best with or can you use 5/15/30 etc?

I would be interested to know, i like the idea of keeping things simple, i get the feeling sometime people make things more complicated then they are :)

CarpeUK

10 Min Trading System

Zenda said:

Here's your trading system across multiple pairs. Fewer false positives than expected, with the exception of Cable (not the place to be these days). Is ten minute time frame the "sweet spot?"
Setting stop on the tail of the arrow works OK. Note CHF trigger (0200) prior to CAD trigger (0600)

Attachments

• 100504 - 10 Min w MAX 21-34.JPG
    100504 - 10 Min w MAX 21-34.JPG
    316.7 KB · Views: 9,419
Thanks for proving me correct!

noises49 said:
Here's your trading system across multiple pairs. Fewer false positives than expected, with the exception of Cable (not the place to be these days). Is ten minute time frame the "sweet spot?"
Setting stop on the tail of the arrow works OK. Note CHF trigger (0200) prior to CAD trigger (0600)

I think I have proved my point - well done - The "Yeah Right" comment from Johnny T is a bit cynical since he emailed me trying to sell his 300 quid complex system!

It does work in other time frames - I just found out that the Magic :cheesy: "Secret" :cheesy: numbers to use are 21 & 34 - (these numbers are my world copyright :rolleyes: )

For JohnnyT's Sake the following rules need to be applied

BUY -(Go Long) when the Blue arrow is seen - Close on the following signal (I would have to kill you if I told you) - If you want to know what I use - PM me Not £300 either

SELL (Go short) when the Red arrow is seen exit when -(same as above applies)

Or when the line at the bottom changes colour!! :D

Also tried different timeframes interesting!

Attachments

• US-CAD.JPG
    US-CAD.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 990
  • US-CAD22.JPG
    US-CAD22.JPG
    204.4 KB · Views: 1,176
Last edited:
Would glady pay for a "system" that had a proven record of "long-term" success. The published results I've seen are uniformly dismal. Then, there are the morons who "forecast" the market. It can't be done. These MAX signals are simple, clean, and easy. No need to pay when you can do better on your own, eh?

noises49 said:
Would glady pay for a "system" that had a proven record of "long-term" success. The published results I've seen are uniformly dismal. Then, there are the morons who "forecast" the market. It can't be done. These MAX signals are simple, clean, and easy. No need to pay when you can do better on your own, eh?

Totally agree noises49 - There really is nothing difficut this system is available Free (download it from www.learntrading.co.uk ) - the problem comes when newcomers start to "Think" :cry:

Fewer false positives than expected, with the exception of Cable (not the place to be these days).

and what d'ya mean by that comment Mr Sun Tan???? :cheesy:

not the place to be indeed.......tut tut, oh ye of little faith!!! :cool:

Buk said:
and what d'ya mean by that comment Mr Sun Tan???? :cheesy:

not the place to be indeed.......tut tut, oh ye of little faith!!! :cool:
Your brainwashed, laddy. Reminds me of that bozo in the White House. Refuse to admit when you're wrong - or in your case "misguided." Look at the charts!!! Cable doing its best impression of a yo-yo. Why stick with a loser, eh? Tut-Tut.

:LOL: :LOL: was one of me favorite toys as a kid Noises!! ;)

get the old (1&5) momentum swinging & it returns quite a few (regular) pips!

the old inside/consol days make a pleasant change from those 'hand on chin' up & down the ladder moves :devilish:

don't disagree at all - far more trendy vehicles in the currency camp, each to their own as they say :D

ok I wasn't going to bite for fear of drawing attention to this thread but come on.

The simple MA cross over may well work with "magic values" 21 & 34 but several things are liable to cause burnt fingers by anyone daft enough to think your serious. Hey it may even workout in the longterm but displaying several great charts at convienent timeframes doesn't inspire me with confidence.

There may well be a place for MA crossovers but periodicity that works one day may not work the next. If you are a trendfollower fine but comments like "Cables not the place to be" tells me that your either on a windup or not seriously trading as anyone who follows it daily knows there are several great opertunaties a day for those not using 21 & 34 crossovers, some days even using 21 & 34 :)

I may not be an old pro at this malarky but maybe you should optimize the 2 moving averages 4 times a day on all the timeframes you've displayed to determine the best to use, I may have a lot to learn but I'll be sitting on the other end of your trades just as your MA's begin to oscillate between buy and sell assuming you foolishly try it on cable :rolleyes:

geez can't believe I bit

Last edited:
The Exit Strategt - Highly Secret!! confidential

noises49 said:
Your brainwashed, laddy. Reminds me of that bozo in the White House. Refuse to admit when you're wrong - or in your case "misguided." Look at the charts!!! Cable doing its best impression of a yo-yo. Why stick with a loser, eh? Tut-Tut.

Due to an overwhelming urge to be magnanimous with fellow Traders (and the fact that someone promised me a tenner) I have decided (Due to public preassure and the thunder of applause) to Divulge the complete complex Exit Strategy (I shall be patenting this and writing a book in the future on this!!)

So feast your eyes and dont forget the KISS (Keep it simple Stupid!) :cheesy:

PS Hiya Buk how you doing M8?

Don't worry Sven we do not allow barbs on our hooks in this country anymore ;) you can always wriggle off - But your beginning to think to much! :confused:

Attachments

• US-CADExit.jpg
    US-CADExit.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 838
ok it appears in my excessive composition'ing I missed crucial humor posts I therefore take it all back and wish I hadn't bit.
mental note to self .oO(must find more humor in others)

SvenFoster said:
ok I wasn't going to bite for fear of drawing attention to this thread but come on.

The simple MA cross over may well work with "magic values" 21 & 34 but several things are libel to cause burnt fingers by anyone daft enough to think your serious. Hey it may even workout in the longterm but displaying several great charts at convienent timeframes doesn't inspire me with confidence.

There may well be a place for MA crossovers but periodicity that works one day may not work the next. If you are a trendfollower fine but comments like "Cables not the place to be" tells me that your either on a windup or not seriously trading as anyone who follows it daily knows there are several great opertunaties a day for those not using 21 & 34 crossovers, some days even using 21 & 34 :)

I may not be an old pro at this malarky but maybe you should optimize the 2 moving averages 4 times a day on all the timeframes you've displayed to determine the best to use, I may have a lot to learn but I'll be sitting on the other end of your trades just as your MA's begin to oscillate between buy and sell assuming you foolishly try it on cable :rolleyes:

geez can't believe I bit

Zenda said:
don't you mean liable not Libel ?
yep that in its self is enough to tell me to call it a day or should I say "tht in is elf sis enoughf two tell mee to corl it a day"

no reference to libel was intended, my dyslexia doesn't improve my trades either ;)

:LOL: :LOL: Sven....sorry mate - I was only joking/jesting with Noises.....a bit of harmless 'banter' ......my humour is sometimes as difficult to see as the trades I initiate ;)

I have the greatest respect for my Californian colleague!!......I'll refrain in future from my post trading humour/baiting cracks.........don't want to start any more "thread fireworks" :rolleyes:

I'm ok thanks Zenda!! :D

OK Guys,

Lets some some back tested results...

Somehow I don't think MA crossovers will be bringing home the bacon over a few weeks, never mind months.

JonnYT

no need Buk, if anyone should refrain its me. In my eagerness to finally attempt to start posting semi-regularly after learning and lurking ...hence forth known as lurnking I foolishly fell fowl of, in hindsite a v.obvious frendly banter thread...
keep falling foul of those obvious hindsite things doh!

still I won't be discouraged if *real* traders can also have humor 50% there just another 60% to go.

Hi Jonny.....nice to see you back where you belong ;)

I guess like everything else mate, they play their part in the bigger scheme of things.....being a discretionary so & so, I have a couple of wma's up for decoration, and (coincidently) they meander over each other every time I play off the intraday s&r pitches on the 1 & 5.....but they're merely a sideshow. I guess it comes down to how & when they're utilised??!!......lots of folks use em, but then as I said....they have their place!