Trading News with S&R

Never mind the charts my man, more chick pics....

{joking, just joking....give me a rock hard EURUSD uptrend with candlesticks and a thrusting MACD any old day.....}

isnt it absolutely amazing what a well placed piece of art can do for a room ?

mp

===============================

well "distraction" is a good word here but its certainly not for the reasons you put forth.

BUT, in my never ending search for "truth, justice and the american way" I shall dive into this handy phone booth, rip off my glasses and clothing and fly "up, up, up into the sky" to once again protect Gotham City (whooops, thats Batman -- wrong theme music !)

how about this --- ill take the SIMPLEST chart i can find and attempt to show how i trade, THEN youse guys can attempt to rip it apart, throwing pieces hither and yon and we can "DISCUSS" it like the logical adults we all want everyone else to think we are !

HOWS THAT ?

mp

Sounds like a plan.

It will also be a surprise on so many levels.

Note: Bramble, bless him, has started a thread on Stops which would also be a great opportunity to discuss ways of using stops or not.

Note: Bramble, bless him, has started a thread on Stops which would also be a great opportunity to discuss ways of using stops or not.
Whoa! That was that and this is this. 'Stops' is not 'trading the news'.

I was just a little surprised at the reaction to 'no stops'. And as the posse are saddled up and a rarin' to go, I perhaps ought to mention I heard a younfg fella' not a couple of days back mention an entry system based on an MA-X. I recon' a lynchin' is in order....

I am NEVER INSECURE because I AM A MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE !

[!!!edited!!! ]You have no idea what you are talking about!! You are massively insecure and hence the need to tell everyone what a great trader you are despite the evidence to the contrary!

And when you realise you cant impress with your trading you try to show off with your abilities with the ladies!

Last edited by a moderator:
===========================================================

bramble, if you wish to remove MY post, intended in fun with a truly playful twist go ahead, but this man does not bother me in particular so no need to take steps --

mp
Uh? Unless you changed your name to Advent....

I'll get as near the knuckle as any MP and a little colourful language wont phase me much, but pointlessly overt agression with no attempt at finesse fails to impress.

I stress, aimed at Advent, not yourself. Who deserves highly finessed agression....LOL

===========================================================

bramble, if you wish to remove MY post, intended in fun with a truly playful twist go ahead, but this man does not bother me in particular so no need to take steps --

mp

in fact, ill simply remove the picture if its offending anyone, but its only a picture of an actress i worked with on a royal silk or victorias secret lingerie and swimsuit catalog, which is why shes wearing lingerie (duhhhhh)

not meant for anything else

mp

Last edited by a moderator:
=====================================================

PAUL, PAUL, PAUL,

as much as i hate arguement, let us now call this a discussion and while i cannot refute what you put forth so wonderously, I hope you dont believe it to apply to me perchance ?

My "real" reason has been stated repeatedly --- because of the ups and downs of the markets normal rhythm, i do not want my trade to be taken out prematurely and since i can figure out where the trades tp point IS, why would i need a stop since i know the price is going to that point ?

in fact, quite the opposite of "insecurity, indecision and unknowing" so let me allow a substitution of words.

I am NEVER INSECURE because I AM A MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE !

good weekend paul

mp

A while back we used to have a poster who reached the same degree as arrogance as you have. He ended up using naked put options and that appeared to be the end of him (although I'm sure that he was only a paper trader) because he could not face the barrage of criticism from the more experienced traders.

He was sure of market direction, too, but, when he started to post his trades, the market did not do as planned. I am hoping that his advice was not followed by too large a circle of disciples.

What I would say to newcomers is that the "no stop" policy is very dangerous and not one to be followed. A stop should, always, be on. If one wants one's stop loss farther out, so be it. Think how far you want to put it. 200-300 points? Once you have put a distance to it, you will start to understand the amount of money involved in failure. Not putting one on helps to brush that possibility under the carpet, and that is the policy of gamblers.

Attachments

• Apr12.JPG
    Apr12.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 177
Maybe there should be a footnote warning for every post on this site saying:

Any form of trading can be dangerous

That way you have all angles covered :)

Paul

Nine,

"Can I suggest that when we see something dangerous to newbies we just put up a warning, a post like:"

'MP's method are not be used by retards, cretins or those incapable of making rational decisions'

Grant.

Last edited:
Warning .....................good idea

Nine,

"Can I suggest that when we see something dangerous to newbies we just put up a warning, a post like:"

'MP's method are not be used retards, cretins or those incapable of making rational decisions'

Grant.

Good post Grant

"'MP's method are not be used retards, cretins or those incapable of making rational decisions' "

History is full of great traders who were so good they forgot to mind their work and account for the possible downside, Just drifted into thinking they could never be wrong.

Rational thought under the cosh is a very rare quality and even the best fade away after their moment in the Sun

The heat of the moment can Burn the Very Best and does !

Good trading all :clover:

Latter,

Out for most of the weekend, have a good one all :clover:

Maybe there should be a footnote warning for every post on this site saying:

Any form of trading can be dangerous

That way you have all angles covered :)

Paul

I suspect a touch of irony there, Paul. Trading is dangerous but what is more dangerous are those who try to convince that an established policy, i.e. stop losses, is something that only needs to be followed by the stupid and suggest that the clever ones don't need them. That is that those who don't use stops are brighter than those who do.

That is a kind of psychological insinuation to follow the posters lead and makes me wonder about the poster's motives. It is, either, ego or a subtle sales drive.

I started to cool on mp's posts when he began to boast of 1000% ('?) profit rates. One does not, normally, boast of that kind of profit.

Split

MP -- slow down, breathe deep and lets sing "kumbaya"

A while back we used to have a poster who reached the same degree as arrogance as you have. He ended up using naked put options and that appeared to be the end of him (although I'm sure that he was only a paper trader) because he could not face the barrage of criticism from the more experienced traders. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . What I would say to newcomers is that the "no stop" policy is very dangerous and not one to be followed. A stop should, always, be on. If one wants one's stop loss farther out, so be it. Think how far you want to put it. 200-300 points? Once you have put a distance to it, you will start to understand the amount of money involved in failure. Not putting one on helps to brush that possibility under the carpet, and that is the policy of gamblers.
==================================================================

Split

Im rather glad youre keeping this on a civil level --- Ive had a few PM's with nine and the situation was explained to me, which as you see I FULLY agreed to.

Before you continue, and all of you keep building a crowd mentality desire to lynch me, i will plainly state that I HAVE NO EGO DRIVEN OR CAPITALISTIC DESIRES TOWARDS THIS SITE OR ANY OTHER SITE !

Now read what i have to say, and at least WAIT a moment and stop getting together on streetcorners and discussing my demise, or tar and feathering !

what is happening here is my sense of humor is being taken for arrogance and that perceived quality is not intended !

I will completely agree that by NOT using stops WILLY NILLY in ones trading, there exists tremendous danger and to be very honest, have always WARNED the newbs against this but stated it as rather a technique to examine much further down the road !

I have REPEATEDLY stated my "concept" is for the high end intermediate or expert trader, but a lot of people seem to miss that --- I use the LRC and zigzags plus dynamic support and resistance areas for trading --- i simply do not use stops and i will try as hard as i can to show you all the complete concept today or tomorrow, so you can judge for yourself ---- you will probably still hold to your thoughts about stops, which i have NO desire to change, but once you see the WHOLE concept together, you should at least understand that I have a legitimate methodology working here !

REMEMBER, I have NEVER said anything but to EXAMINE WHAT I SAY and if it works for you, try it -----[B] I have ALWAYS had a disclaimer there, completely voluntary ![/B]

It is Bear (who i like but cant always understand, what with being a lowly "yank") that appears to have instigated this and had he simply stated (perhaps in american english) what had him upset, we wouldnt have had to move around so much.

Nine quite rightly moved the thread out of newb land (which I really wasnt aware we were in) so that helped a bit.

but the crux of the matter is that at this point you see me as a THREAT to newbs, when everything for the past decade has been to PROTECT them ---

While I can no longer handle elementary school questions (well, maybe a few) I DO step in when i see a newb about to walk off a cliff.

as far as the "folding under" situation you must understand, after moderating 14 different sites and being a "teaching moderator" and senior moderator on a massive stock site, I simply dont fold ! ( ok, testosterone challenge over !)

obviously i can see a number of you are very upset ---- i shall try, after chores today, to show my charts and some discussion at least --- Im not really up to writing a complete trading system as i did 7 years ago, as thats something you may do once in a lifetime, but it took 6 months, with screen captures and editing and a lot of time, and I simply cant do that anymore !

Now gentlemen, before you assasinate me by voodoo doll, allow me the time to show you that 1 --- I am not a commercial venture with designs on newbs money and 2, I am fully in agreement with what you say and 3, perhaps we are having a slight "language" problem here, simply misunderstanding each other !

have a good weekend

mp

Last edited:
I started to cool on mp's posts when he began to boast of 1000% ('?) profit rates. One does not, normally, boast of that kind of profit.

Split
=========================================================

SPLIT ---- very seriously, where on earth did i say that ???? I can certainly understand your thoughts if I had written that.

did you get that mixed up with the dollar amount i like to average per day ??

PLEASE get back to me on this mixup !

mp

Last edited:
MP -- slow down, breathe deep and lets sing "kumbaya"

All right---I'll do that, or something I know the words to.

You pointed out to me about the exit timing on swing trades, previously. I used it with a 50 point overnight gain and have done it, less spectacularly, since then and hope to use it again on Monday.

I'm very grateful to you for that and is why I left it late in criticising.

Your stoploss ideas? We'll see. On these boards matters, always, clarify. Usually, with a smell of scorched fingers. Well, we can't smell it but we can imagine it,

Regards Split

Do Over

==================================================================

Split

Im rather glad youre keeping this on a civil level --- Ive had a few PM's with nine and the situation was explained to me, which as you see I FULLY agreed to.

Before you continue, and all of you keep building a crowd mentality desire to lynch me, i will plainly state that I HAVE NO EGO DRIVEN OR CAPITALISTIC DESIRES TOWARDS THIS SITE OR ANY OTHER SITE !

Now read what i have to say, and at least WAIT a moment and stop getting together on streetcorners and discussing my demise, or tar and feathering !

what is happening here is my sense of humor is being taken for arrogance and that perceived quality is not intended !

I will completely agree that by NOT using stops WILLY NILLY in ones trading, there exists tremendous danger and to be very honest, have always WARNED the newbs against this but stated it as rather a technique to examine much further down the road !

I have REPEATEDLY stated my "concept" is for the high end intermediate or expert trader, but a lot of people seem to miss that --- I use the LRC and zigzags plus dynamic support and resistance areas for trading --- i simply do not use stops and i will try as hard as i can to show you all the complete concept today or tomorrow, so you can judge for yourself ---- you will probably still hold to your thoughts about stops, which i have NO desire to change, but once you see the WHOLE concept together, you should at least understand that I have a legitimate methodology working here !

REMEMBER, I have NEVER said anything but to EXAMINE WHAT I SAY and if it works for you, try it -----[B] I have ALWAYS had a disclaimer there, completely voluntary ![/B]

It is Bear (who i like but cant always understand, what with being a lowly "yank") that appears to have instigated this and had he simply stated (perhaps in american english) what had him upset, we wouldnt have had to move around so much.

Nine quite rightly moved the thread out of newb land (which I really wasnt aware we were in) so that helped a bit.

but the crux of the matter is that at this point you see me as a THREAT to newbs, when everything for the past decade has been to PROTECT them ---

While I can no longer handle elementary school questions (well, maybe a few) I DO step in when i see a newb about to walk off a cliff.

as far as the "folding under" situation you must understand, after moderating 14 different sites and being a "teaching moderator" and senior moderator on a massive stock site, I simply dont fold ! ( ok, testosterone challenge over !)

obviously i can see a number of you are very upset ---- i shall try, after chores today, to show my charts and some discussion at least --- Im not really up to writing a complete trading system as i did 7 years ago, as thats something you may do once in a lifetime, but it took 6 months, with screen captures and editing and a lot of time, and I simply cant do that anymore !

Now gentlemen, before you assasinate me by voodoo doll, allow me the time to show you that 1 --- I am not a commercial venture with designs on newbs money and 2, I am fully in agreement with what you say and 3, perhaps we are having a slight "language" problem here, simply misunderstanding each other !

have a good weekend

mp

Hi mp

The Floors all yours mp

Instigated nothing just posted a reasonable question or two then the flood gates opened :)

My only thought when I read any post or thread is

1. Is it interesting, and I concede yours to start with and still are of interest, and even a weedhopper trader this side of the pond can understand the concepts / ideas you have posted so far mp

2. Stand out dangerous stuff and attitude regards danger, always notice this and feel compelled to act/post. I would expect the same treatment regards any of my posts, if I am wrong I would appreciate being told to my Face as quick as possible.

Split will I am sure remembers when I jumped all over one of his posts on the day trade ftse thread last summer, infact I was only lurking around after specific information regards DA at the time and have stayed around here ever since = addict :LOL:

I do not use another forum and have no wish to look to find them or whats inside, always found what I needed right here lying around some place or between my own ear holes.

If your trading you just cannot brush risk under the carpet and pretend it does not exist imho

When reasonable questions have been asked you have brushed them off in a defensive manner or used your humour to side step the question which as just led to more posts

This is not a witch hunt mp this is a search for the truth regards your method etc

You now your method like the back of your hand

We don"t

Your attitude to Risk is or appears dangerous or at the very least unusual and I think you should just............

bear :) that in mind, thats all I am saying

all yours mp

have a good Sunday:clover:

looking forward to reading more

Mp -- Thank You !

THANK YOU !

it will be a few hours as there are things to do and limited time to do them but i shall place everything on the table for examination.

as far as "sidestepping" bear, i was not aware that was your reaction simply because i do not fully understand what youre saying --- what to you is fine english is to me a difficult translation !

to split, I once again state that if i EVER said 1000% profit, it was a mind fart of the greatest degree ---- i do very nicely thank you, but would probably be dead if i worked to achieve that number !

you guys will prob be in bed, with yourselves or someone else, by the time i get to posting this tonight, so talk on ya in the morning (here) which will be around dinner for youse peeps !

Thnx bunches

mp