trading ftse 25

'moyen' Ive never heard of that word in my trading journey, cheers (y)

Between you and me, the 'tomtar methodology' isnt really averaging down at all :sneaky:. Its just a variable form of scaling that concentrates on ya average price, yer average prop / market maker wouldnt bat an eyelid at it, but here on T2W it gets some panties in a bunch know wot i mean. Providing you are showings much respectings to the size (risk) its by far the least riskiest way to tarde vanilla as ya gona find, cos yo always always seeking value :)

Im not one to nitpick, but, from what ive seen so far, it seems like you added to a losing position, and you didnt seem to manage it at all.
You first sold at 1660 and then again at 1690. I can only imagine those clips were more than one contract as youre a pro trader with access to unknown methods.

You then watched it rise to 1720, and did nothing.

Then you watched it fall towards an amazing target thing at 1610
231858d1480407741-trading-ftse-25-3.jpg

Or is it the 1620 amazing price holding level? i dunno, and did nothing.
231868d1480413137-trading-ftse-25-4.jpg

Then, you watched go back up through 1690 and closed (im guessing here) the 1690 short break even, and held the 1660 short open, but its ok cos youve hedged it with 1693 dec.
231930d1480514209-trading-ftse-25-5.jpg

Am i close?
You confuse intraday trading with swing trading,one has nothing to do with the other.
1720-1750 was a 10% short risk trade,i could short there 10 times more than 1660,whats your point?
Have you ever seen a selloff in your life where you buy and in two hours the price is 10% lower than you have bought,if i was in my other pc i could show you some
nice sell offs back in daily charts before 2010,where ftse loses 20% in 5 days

So which signals do you follow? just the ones that work?
Thats a trick guestion (y),i dont trade in hourly charts in the greek index,these systems are for other indexes with other commisions,before 2009 you didht care due to high volatility, now there is low volatility with high commisions,you would be crazy to trade in hourly charts,i did the mistake for a couple of years not again.

'moyen' Ive never heard of that word in my trading journey, cheers (y)

Between you and me, the 'tomtar methodology' isnt really averaging down at all :sneaky:. Its just a variable form of scaling that concentrates on ya average price, yer average prop / market maker wouldnt bat an eyelid at it, but here on T2W it gets some panties in a bunch know wot i mean. Providing you are showings much respectings to the size (risk) its by far the least riskiest way to tarde vanilla as ya gona find, cos yo always always seeking value :)

Im not one to nitpick, but, from what ive seen so far, it seems like you added to a losing position, and you didnt seem to manage it at all.
You first sold at 1660 and then again at 1690. I can only imagine those clips were more than one contract as youre a pro trader with access to unknown methods.

You then watched it rise to 1720, and did nothing.

Then you watched it fall towards an amazing target thing at 1610
231858d1480407741-trading-ftse-25-3.jpg

Or is it the 1620 amazing price holding level?
i dunno, and did nothing.
231868d1480413137-trading-ftse-25-4.jpg

Then, you watched go back up through 1690 and closed (im guessing here) the 1690 short break even, and held the 1660 short open, but its ok cos youve hedged it with 1693 dec.
231930d1480514209-trading-ftse-25-5.jpg

Am i close?
The amazing 1615 is the half of 1610 and 1620,and 1615 is the daily target i had in my other pc.Well i am sorry i didht show you my daily targets and you will not pay me to be your mentor.

i) You confuse intraday trading with swing trading,one has nothing to do with the other.
ii) 1720-1750 was a 10% short risk trade,i could short there 10 times more than 1660,whats your point?
iii) Have you ever seen a selloff in your life where you buy and in two hours the price is 10% lower than you have bought,if i was in my other pc i could show you some
nice sell offs back in daily charts before 2010,where ftse loses 20% in 5 days

i) is all the same to me these days bro, just prices going up and down.
ii) 10%? Of what? your account? risk as per some voodoo magic metric known only to you and 1%??... Tell me this, if you had those 2 short units at 1660 and 1690 over the weekend, and Italians ream you on the first print, what price would that print need to be to zero your entire trading pot?
While youre at it, what price does your commission cost in terms of FTSE 25 points?
iii) I trade the Dax. Its just another day my friend. Unlike you id be buying those falling prices and taking any favour the market offers me. Usually, the more horrible things look, the better i do.

The amazing 1615 is the half of 1610 and 1620,and 1615 is the daily target i had in my other pc.Well i am sorry i didht show you my daily targets and you will not pay me to be your mentor.

Not half as sorry as I am for you missing those opps as you did. Im almost feeling gulity now. Well, im not, but almost :p

6099-darktone-albums-general-5-picture4498-tomoyentar.jpg

Let it hence fourth be known as the 'tomoyentar averaging down methodology'
:cheesy:

Please let us all know your position going into weekend mate, seriously, this is your chance to shine as the star you are (y)

6099-darktone-albums-general-5-picture4498-tomoyentar.jpg

Let it hence fourth be known as the 'tomoyentar averaging down methodology'
:cheesy:

Please let us all know your position going into weekend mate, seriously, this is your chance to shine as the star you are (y)
I SHORTED again at 1694 half position and so what?

When you go bankrupt with this methodology dont come crying in here.

I SHORTED again at 1694 half position and so what?

Educational purposes for sure. You have to understand that when someone of you calibre graces these boards us peasants have got get it while we can (y)

You holding over the weekend btw? Ive no doubt it will go your way if you do.
giphy.gif

When you go bankrupt with this methodology dont come crying in here.
Hi nero1,
I freely admit that I don't fully understand all aspects of darktone's methodology, but he has outlined his risk management strategy, particularly with regard to leverage. My understanding is that for him to blow up his account, the Dax (which is the instrument he trades) would have to go to nero - sorry, I mean zero! On that basis, I don't think you need to get in too many boxes of Kleenex just yet.
Tim.

Hi nero1,
. My understanding is that for him to blow up his account, the Dax (which is the instrument he trades) would have to go to nero - sorry, I mean zero!
Tim.

I am afraid thats not accurate ...

BTW another note here , we keep reading here about trading very small so even if it goes to zero you wont file for chapter 11.. etc .

Losing year/s of hard work is as bad even if you lost just 10% of your account . ie you trade very small lets say one share at a time , you build profits over a year then you lose all these profits in one trade/group of trades , yes you didnt blow your account up but you wiped a year's profits , thats not trading for living , as a hobby maybe but not for living .

Educational purposes for sure. You have to understand that when someone of you calibre graces these boards us peasants have got get it while we can (y)

You holding over the weekend btw? Ive no doubt it will go your way if you do.
giphy.gif

Well i dont pretend to know the outcome of italy so i will accept my losses if they come,i will sleep nice whatever the outcome cose i can afford the losses

I am afraid thats not accurate ...
Well tar, if my understanding is inaccurate, and I'm happy to accept that it may be, it would be helpful if you pointed out where I'm going wrong and /or what your understanding is (re. darktone's risk management strategy).
Tim.

tars right on this point tim. im anything between 0.2x to 4x notional, mostly im between 1 - 2x. At 2x youd need the the dax to move 50% from the average position (minus change), Ie at 2x ave L position @ 10000 would need to print 5000 to bust out, the same position at 0.5x would need to print -10000 :LOL:. Of course youd have to sit there and do nothing, like nero does, but who in their right mind would do that (y)

I did ask for a (rectangle of risk) bust out level but no reply, Im thinking theres probably no need to worry about risk BS with the old 1% secret knowledge.

6099-darktone-albums-general-5-picture4502-emergency-stop.jpg

Hi nero1,
I freely admit that I don't fully understand all aspects of darktone's methodology, but he has outlined his risk management strategy, particularly with regard to leverage. My understanding is that for him to blow up his account, the Dax (which is the instrument he trades) would have to go to nero - sorry, I mean zero! On that basis, I don't think you need to get in too many boxes of Kleenex just yet.
Tim.
If he has 100000 and he trades 1000,he wont go bankrupt for sure.
Those who bought shares of greek banks at 80 and still average down in 1 cent where they are now,may have a different opinion than you and darkone,you could both go to greece and talk to them and ask them if this strategy helped them :LOL::LOL:.

tars right on this point tim. im anything between 0.2x to 4x notional, mostly im between 1 - 2x. At 2x youd need the the dax to move 50% from the average position (minus change), Ie at 2x ave L position @ 10000 would need to print 5000 to bust out, the same position at 0.5x would need to print -10000 :LOL:. Of course youd have to sit there and do nothing, like nero does, but who in their right mind would do that (y)

I did ask for a (rectangle of risk) bust out level but no reply, Im thinking theres probably no need to worry about risk BS with the old 1% secret knowledge.

I noticed that from your performance ...

Attachments

• dark.jpg
    dark.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 216

I understood nothing of what you said,whatever strategy you use if you dont know what you are doing you will lose your money,so the mambo jambo strategy stuff,is a discussion you can discuss with other newbies and not here.

BTW another note here , we keep reading here about trading very small so even if it goes to zero you wont file for chapter 11.. etc .

Losing year/s of hard work is as bad even if you lost just 10% of your account . ie you trade very small lets say one share at a time , you build profits over a year then you lose all these profits in one trade/group of trades , yes you didnt blow your account up but you wiped a year's profits , thats not trading for living , as a hobby maybe but not for living .

Hard work? You lost me :D

In the pro world, many consider 4 - 5x quite warm tar. lets think on it another way. an active stop using trader makes 10% for the year but, he uses magic stops that only have to be paid at the end of the year. he was up 100% but after his account is adjusted for the effect of his stops, hes given back 90% of his profits.
is that hobby trading? :p