Trading: directional or non directional?

gosh, these threads go way off subject nowadays... I thought this could be a reasonable discussion, a shame not many of you guys can keep on thread and answer the question. Maybe we ought to have a section where people can talk about their Ferrari's etc...?

I've tried non-directional pair trading, directional with hedging, and now directional which I am having the most success with and like best. I think all obviously work, but you need to find what you like best and are tuned to. Directional with hedging I found hardest, as I often hedged wrongly or at the wrong time (ie.I didn't quite get it!). Pair trading works, but I don't have enough time to concentrate on that as it really meant more frequent trades with smaller gains.

I've tried non-directional pair trading, directional with hedging, and now directional which I am having the most success with and like best.

a) Pair trading is taking a directional view on the difference between two share prices.

b) not going to ask about the hedging

c) good for you!

gosh, these threads go way off subject nowadays... I thought this could be a reasonable discussion, a shame not many of you guys can keep on thread and answer the question. Maybe we ought to have a section where people can talk about their Ferrari's etc...?

I've tried non-directional pair trading, directional with hedging, and now directional which I am having the most success with and like best. I think all obviously work, but you need to find what you like best and are tuned to. Directional with hedging I found hardest, as I often hedged wrongly or at the wrong time (ie.I didn't quite get it!). Pair trading works, but I don't have enough time to concentrate on that as it really meant more frequent trades with smaller gains.

I answered it. First page. Comprehensively. There is nothing more to say than my first post. I could elaborate, but anyone sufficiently diligent can do that for themselves with the information I have given them, and they will be better for it.

Also I'm lazy.

Meanwhile I am off to masturbate into a sock.

money doesnt make you happy, but i would rather cry in a ferrari!!

To be perfectly frank, I just like to wank over my bank balance.

The money hasn't come from trading of course. MrG subsidises me so that I can keep his socks fresh, warm, 'n' organic.

As an aside, if I am ever in a position to buy a fancy boat, I would certainly go for a proper sailing yatch over a motor-cruiser type. When I lived in Gib my apartment looked over the marina (the nice one) and there would always be Sunseekers, Princess's (?) et al from about 50 - 70 feet. Occaisionally a **** off charter would come in and I'd go and have a look - some of them are literally awesome. Notwithstanding the motor cruisers, the sexiest boat I ever saw was one of these*

* if memory serves, it was an 85, but I couldn't find a link. Same principal though.

No comparison...:) I'm into Hunters there's a cracking model called The Edge for those who need a bit of motor boat type help ;)

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1272137143?bclid=1284279140

I would like to wank over my bank balance but frankly the women at HSBC are getting tired of me asking.

No comparison...:) I'm into Hunters there's a cracking model called The Edge for those who need a bit of motor boat type help ;)

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1272137143?bclid=1284279140

All these "luxury goods" eventually get silly, unless one is genuinely an enthusiast, as opposed to a braggart. I'm much happier with Christopher Ward on my wrist than Patek Phillipe. Similarly, Veuve will do perfectly fine in place of Krystal. As for the vintage... wtf is that...

Beer on the other hand... that's worth money :)