Trading: directional or non directional?

Oli,

Why not invest in a topper? They're so easy to sail I've only capsised them half a dozen times.

It's not the buying, it's the running of them that's pretty special.

40ft Princess, second hand will set you back about £130k for a 10 year old in good condition. You'll spend about 8k for moorings, 5-8k servicing engines and drives annually and you'll burn through fuel averaging 25 knots at about 3 gallons per mile.

40ft Princess, second hand will set you back about £130k for a 10 year old in good condition. You'll spend about 8k for moorings, 5-8k servicing engines and drives annually and you'll burn through fuel averaging 25 knots at about 3 gallons per mile.

It's like all these exec toys, helicopters, stately homes, classic cars etc. The purchase price is deceptively low, it's the maintenance that kills you. Same with some women actually. But not J-Lo.. as she once sang "my love don't cost a thing", by which I think she meant she was a low-maintenance kinda gal.

8k for mooring where you mooring it? iraq?

several 100k a year for a good mooring on the cote d'azur

rofl glad to see sustained arguments

These ol farts 've nothing more to contribute , another wrecked thread.

A directional trader likes to play fear and greed, first he takes a directional position ,then he loads it on leverage , and finally panics and sweats with fear, either closes it early or takes a loss if it moves slightly against.Most of the ol discretionary farts do exactly this.

Me I put on direction-less hedged trades , and do not play a game of gear or greed .

Bye for now.

This country Roth. I shudder to think what you'd pay in the med.

Before I moved to this flat I considered living in a boat on the Thames, proved uneconomic.

I can see Greenwich Yacht Club out of the window, actually. Do you think I should instruct them to post on this thread through a combination of morse code and led torch?

These ol farts 've nothing more to contribute , another wrecked thread.

A directional trader likes to play fear and greed, first he takes a directional position ,then he loads it on leverage , and finally panics and sweats with fear, either closes it early or takes a loss if it moves slightly against.Most of the ol discretionary farts do exactly this.

Me I put on direction-less hedged trades , and do not play a game of gear or greed .

Bye for now.

Farts... new versus old... new world versus old world... farts... were you aware that kangaroo farts don't contain methane? Serious work being done by Oz scientists at the moment to get cows the same. More important for global warming than any co2 ********.

See, learn a new thing every day on t2w :)

It's like all these exec toys, helicopters, stately homes, classic cars etc. The purchase price is deceptively low, it's the maintenance that kills you. Same with some women actually. But not J-Lo.. as she once sang "my love don't cost a thing", by which I think she meant she was a low-maintenance kinda gal.

i have 2 exotic cars and they are a black hole of money!

By all accounts I'd prefer to have them on my c0ck than on my boat.

An uncle of mine* has a yacth, it's a modest 28 footer I think. I have been on it a few times around the Solent... you know, there is a quote in a woody harrelson film (i think) that says something like "people buy the idea of a boat, not the reality" and I have to agree.

As for toppers... I think I am more along the Dinghy w/ single sail lines. Bung a seagull on it just in case, go out until the waves are scary, dangle a worm off the edge and listen to Test Match Special.

Before I moved to this flat I considered living in a boat on the Thames, proved uneconomic.

Was it uneconomic because you'd end up living in a nice hotel for half the week when you weren't smoking your pipe on your 72ft barge?