Trading club in South London

I second that!! A very constructive and interesting meeting. I feel I took more from the meeting than I gave but hey.................. I can live with the guilt!

Looking forward to the next meeting.

ooops, I meant I second the thanks to Deepak and the next meeting etc, NOT to pipnator talking less.

I only learn from listening to other people talking! So keep talking.:clap:

Yes very good meeting

I would like to see people from the stock trading or commodities turn
up as Im outnumber by fx types.

Looking forward to the next one.

Next exciting meeting on 16/08/09. 1.30pm, Venue to be confirmed.

Hi folks. First of all, thank you to everyone who attended last week's meeting. I think I can safely say this was successful? New members-very welcome.

We managed to establish a systematic agenda with a few standing items. So based on this, I'll be posting up the agenda for next meeting in a few days. In the meantime, would appreciate if all who are interested can continue to confirm attendance on this forum for next meeting.

Looking forward to next meet! Please call or email me if any questions/ideas in the meantime.

Hi all. I attended the first meeting but have been quiet ever since (sorry about that Deepak; nothing personal of course!)... looks like you all had a good, constructive get together. I'm on a day trading course at the moment so mega busy, but it does not run at the weekends, so please keep me in the loop. If I'm not on Deepak's infamous 'black list' I will do my best to show up. Happy trading this week all.

Next meeting Sunday 16/08/09. Wimbledon, 1.30 pm. Venue to be confirmed

Hi Folks. Meeting might be at All Bar One again or I'm trying to confirm a proper room at the YMCA (5 mins from wimbledon station). Will confirm tomorrow or saturday. Please confirm attendance on the forum. Have knocked up an agenda which looks a bit like this

1.) Welcome and introductions-(10 mins)
2.) Review of trades (best and worst trades in last fortnight)-ideally three speakers. If anyone has any trades they'd like to share/examine, please let me know in advance. I have a few very good examples. (45 mins)
3.) Strategy section-Plan is to get an experienced trader to share a favourite strategy. Happy to start off with one I use-ideally 2 speakers wanted. Could be same people as above as that might be suitable.(45 mins)
4.) Education section- I am planning to run a series of snippets starting with a few sessions on 'Trading as a business'. There is about 5 topics in this so that should keep us going for a bit! Future subjects would include Psychology, Software, Goal setting and anything else members would like included. (30mins)
5.)Q+As (45 mins)
6.) Club matters (30 mins)

Aiming to finish by 5 (promptly!)

Any questions please drop me an email/text/phone on details below

Hello All,

Thanks for all the organising work Deepak and for the excellent agenda. I will be there on Sunday. Not sure I can contribute much at the moment. I did a EURCAD trade using your MACD approach but didn't stick to my plan and pulled out after it started to retrace and I lost confidence. Didn't make a loss, about 6 pips gain, but of course it then sent back up again where I had originally predicted!!! bugger. Now in a Long with EURUSD with the bull trend - but still a bit early to see how far that will go up. Quite a lot of S and R in way before it breaks through.

Thanks again for the work.

Christopher.

South London Trading Club meeting, 16/08/09, 1.30pm to 5pm, venue details below

YMCA Wimbledon
200 The Broadway
Wimbledon
London
SW19 1RY

Hello everyone

If coming to wimbledon station, turn left outside station and it's about 5mins walk, on the left side.

Please don't be concerned about 'having something to offer' to the club at this stage. Everyone will have something, it will emerge as we go along. Do continue to encourage attndance from other traders you may know in the area or who would be keen to come.

South London Trading Club meeting, 16/08/09, 1.30pm to 5pm, venue details below

YMCA Wimbledon
200 The Broadway
Wimbledon
London
SW19 1RY

Hello everyone

If coming to wimbledon station, turn left outside station and it's about 5mins walk, on the left side.

Please don't be concerned about 'having something to offer' to the club at this stage. Everyone will have something, it will emerge as we go along. Do continue to encourage attndance from other traders you may know in the area or who would be keen to come.

Did the meeting take place ?

Meeting on 16/08/09 took place and was great! Agenda was followed nearly to the 'T' and I think everyone enjoyed the items.

Next meeting is on 06/09/09 (Not in a fortnight because it's bank holiday weekend). I am pleased to introduce Luca as our 'venue manager' and I will continue to focus on programme, and a load of other stuff (Thanks Luca, it's a great help). Venue to be confirmed, maybe Wimbledon or Putney. We are trying to not ignore the 'beer' side of the meet!

Please continue to confirm interest on this thread or email/text and I will keep you in the loop

Happy trading:D

Hi all,

The best option for the venue in Wimbledon is:
The Prince of Wales, a Pub just in front of the tube station.
(Prince of Wales, Wimbledon, London, SW19 3TA - pub details # beerintheevening.com)

They have a meeting room for £50 (3 hours).
The room is similar to the YMCA one, smaller but still very quiet.
We can hire a projector+ screen for £20 (I think negotiable).
No WiFi
The plus is that we can buy drinks and food.

The best rate I could negotiate so far with YMCA is £90 for 3 hours.

There are more expensive options in Wimbledon and other parts of London, we can discuss about them next time.

Please let me know if you are happy with the Prince of Wales, I will reserve the room for the 6th of September.

See you soon,
Luca

Two meetups in one weekend!

cheers,

MP

Eggshackly. I suggested he moved his to the next week and come to mine to drum up interest.

I expect you'll be at the Shy Horse since it's only over the field from you. I'll look out for the irate farmers chasing you. :LOL:

Hi all,

The best option for the venue in Wimbledon is:
The Prince of Wales, a Pub just in front of the tube station.
(Prince of Wales, Wimbledon, London, SW19 3TA - pub details # beerintheevening.com)

They have a meeting room for £50 (3 hours).
The room is similar to the YMCA one, smaller but still very quiet.
We can hire a projector+ screen for £20 (I think negotiable).
No WiFi
The plus is that we can buy drinks and food.

The best rate I could negotiate so far with YMCA is £90 for 3 hours.

There are more expensive options in Wimbledon and other parts of London, we can discuss about them next time.

Please let me know if you are happy with the Prince of Wales, I will reserve the room for the 6th of September.

See you soon,
Luca

I'll probably pop my head round the door if thats ok with everyone.

I think the pub is the better option for the simple reason that it serves beer.

Eggshackly. I suggested he moved his to the next week and come to mine to drum up interest.

I expect you'll be at the Shy Horse since it's only over the field from you. I'll look out for the irate farmers chasing you. :LOL:

I wouldn't worry about the two dates being on the same weekend. The two clubs are very different in nature.

Hopefully I'll be at both events.

cheers,

MP

Hi Folks

I'm afraid meeting needs to stay on 06/09/09. I'm at a trade symposium on 12/09/09 so 13/09 would make it a double for me. Also, other club members have probably pencilled date in already.

Luca, your suggestion sounds excellent, please go ahead and book and we can suggest £5-£10 per attendee (depending on how many turn up).

As a reminder, new and experienced members welcome. Please contact moi on any of the following if any questions. As MP says, best to attend both meetings!

Hi,

I booked The Prince of Wales from 1.30 Sunday 6/9.
Address: 2 Hartfield Rd, Wimbledon, London, SW19 3TA

It will be £50 for the afternoon. If we need the projector + screen will be £20 extra.

See you there,
Luca

Sounds good to me Luca. Well done! Sorry I didn't reply sooner but I have been away for a few days. I think there is a real possibility of this club becoming very beneficial for all of us if it continues to be disciplined and focused like the last meeting. We need to get in some more members if possible so that contibutions, both content and financial can be wider.

I have been wondering if it would serve any purpose for members to circulate trades to each other either on this thread or by email. On the other hand it might not be of any use anyway. What do others think?

All the best.

Christopher