tradestation charts

breadman

Established member
I am using "SPREAD DIFFERENCE" indicator on tradestation
I use it whilst "PERCENTAGE CHANGE CHART" is enabled.

The result is i get the relative strength of a share against an index. the relative strength showing in it own window, with the stock and index together in its own window above.

I will refer to the share i am creating "RELATIVE STRENGTH" against as "DATA 1" and everything i am comparing it against as data 2, data 3 , data 4 e.t.c.

what i want to show on my CHART is the following
DATA 1 AGAINST DATA 2
DATA 1 AGAINST DATA 3
DATA 1 AGAINST DATA 4
DATA 1 AGAINST DATA 5 AND SO ON .......

The result on the chart will be one window with data 1,2,3,4,5 displayed and below it the relative strength against each index displayed in it own windows, the result will show 5 different charts in their own windows

below is the code for "SPREAD DIFFERENCE"
Inputs: DataSeries1( Close of data1 ), DataSeries2( Close of data2 ) ;

Plot1( DataSeries1 - DataSeries2, "SprdDiff" ) ;

I need to add code to this that recognises more then one comparison is being made to allow me to have one chart that will display several different relative strengths in theri own window below the main working share.
i have had this capability on other software, i have attempted codeing but couldn't get it to verify.
I hope the above is not confusing and look forward to some solutions

Hello Trader 333
not at the moment,
i've only just started running TradeStation. I 'm getting used to the charts, the platform clearly does almost anything, it just needs a little extra codeing to get the charts set up how i like them.
When i look at relative strength on a specific share or index, i like to use several products to compair a share against, hence i need to get Tradestation to understand that i am doing more then one comparison and display it on one chart but in hteir separate windowns on the chart.

look forward to any help

Trader 333
got my problem sorted, didn't need any new code, i just had to play around with the numbers when you open spread difference window. change the data number to 3 or 4 or any number to match the number of differnet share / index you are comparing.
wasn't to hard at all, just required a bit more playing around. i think this is going to one large learning curve!!!