owndata and tradestation 8

I would appreciate if you tell me whether you can get a daily or weekly chart with your setting?

Yes, you can use dayly & weekly charts

tradestation8daylyfreef.png

Yes, you can use dayly & weekly charts

Thanks Andreyb. You are really helpful. I followed your guide in setting up TS8.4 with Owndata 2.6 using IB as data feed. I did not use Globalserver though. This chart is what I got with the chart setup 2 days ago, I get 1 daily bar for each day. No historical backfill. There are other folk out there with similar problem. I hope you can help us.

Attachments

• TS8+IB.JPG
    TS8+IB.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,399
Thanks Andreyb. You are really helpful. I followed your guide in setting up TS8.4 with Owndata 2.6 using IB as data feed. I did not use Globalserver though. This chart is what I got with the chart setup 2 days ago, I get 1 daily bar for each day. No historical backfill. There are other folk out there with similar problem. I hope you can help us.

I not use esignal. I use free program Forexite Quote Room for receipt free forex history and real time data. It is working perfect.

But, I know, some guys also can use esignal without any problems (yes, I see your screenshot). I don't can help you fixed this problem with esignal because I not use it but, I think, you must remember - OwnData - very strange program. I have very much different versions owndata and only 2.6 working good with my TS 8.2.
Other versions - not working or need reload chart in tradestation for update charts.
I have tested very much versions owndata and TS 8. Only these (see screen) working qood with QuoteRoom. You can try download latest version OwnData and try use it.

I mean, if you 100% know what make all right - try use other versions TS 8.x and OwnData 2.x; Remember, I not testing my versions with other data feeds. I use only GlobalServer with Quote Room.

But, if you will be try setup it with other versions TS and OD, you fix all problems 100% because I know, other guys using esignal with TS 8.

For first steps, I think, need check correct installation owndada. For next - try use other versions owndata with your old KEY files from OD. Also, try setup OwnData 2.7 and TradeStation 8.6.

tradestation8-free-real-time-data-feed-download-1.png

Only this verion of OwnData working perfect with Quote Room-

tradestation8-owndata-free-download.png

Thank you so much again Andreyb for all the information. Let me try with various combinations. It may take some time though.

Thank you so much again Andreyb for all the information. Let me try with various combinations. It may take some time though.

Yes, for it need time...

Also, one recomendation,,, after all setup,, use Acronis True Image program for make image of your system disc. In future, if you will be have any problems, you can restore your Windows with working TS and all other programs for only 10-15 min.

Somebody is able to run TRADESTATION 8.6 build 2583 + OwnData 2.7.8015.400 + GlobalServer on a WIN 7 32bit ?

These "kit" works fine one a winXP 32 bit pc but doesen't run on win7: just opening a chart ts stops and some times I've to kill it using task manager.

Somebody is able to run TRADESTATION 8.6 build 2583 + OwnData 2.7.8015.400 + GlobalServer on a WIN 7 32bit ?

These "kit" works fine one a winXP 32 bit pc but doesen't run on win7: just opening a chart ts stops and some times I've to kill it using task manager.

TS 8.6 + OD 2.7 working fine on XP in real time mode?

I have checked allmost all versions of TS 8.x + OD 2.7 on Vista x64 - not working!
Now I thinking try it on Win 7 x64 and don't know... may be need find right patch for D 2.7 which will working with Vista / Seven?

TS 8.6 + OD 2.7 working fine on XP in real time mode?

Yes, they work fine with no problem or delays. I've globalserver + owndata 2.7 + ts 8.6 and tradesttion 2000i charts opened same time.

I have checked allmost all versions of TS 8.x + OD 2.7 on Vista x64 - not working!
Now I thinking try it on Win 7 x64 and don't know... may be need find right patch for D 2.7 which will working with Vista / Seven?

Yes I think this is a problem of patch of OD 2.7... I wait solution using them on xp.

Thanks !

I Currently use TS8.7 with Owndata 2.7. I find that this works perfectly with metastock eod data and i would recommend this to anyone, and can offer support on setting this up, but i'm now thinking towards using realtime data with the program. The cheapest i can find this is either $99 from metastock, which again i feel is expensive for just data. Is GlobalServer with Quote Room completely free and would it work with the set up i currently use!? And could anyone provide the links to download Globalserver and/or Quote room?

@ JL1929

Could you have any news on using realtime metastock data with Onwdata 2.7?

Look to hearing good news from you

Hi Everybody,

I use Tradestation 8.3 + Owndata 2.5 and market data from IB (Interactive Boker). I can draw intraday charts in Tradestation, but when I want to draw daily or weekly chart, I have nothing in the window chat. As an exemple, when I want to draw a daily chart, Tradestation draws only 1 bart chart in the window (the current bard chart). I tried the same exercise with NinjaTrader 6.5, and with NT there is no problem, I have the daily chart.
So, could you please help me ? Is there a specific configuration for owndata or Tradestation to draw daily or weely chart ?

Thank you in advance for you help.

Best regards,

Chloe31.

Hello Cloe31,

I am unable to connect Interactive Brokers data via Owndata into Tradestation 8.7
Owndata works well but I get the following error in Tradestation:
"invalid symbol or you are working off line".

Any Idea how to solve this problem?

Best regards,
Frits

Hi,

I am new to Tradestation.S.

Please anybody guide me How to import Metastock EOD data.

I serched this forum and did as per steps but could not get it.

Plase...

Thanks