owndata and tradestation 8

Will not read intraday metastock data directly, then you need owndata. Also will only read metastock 9.x or greater. Better check if your data is of this type, if not then suggest you go back to trying to get it working via owndata. The most likely cause of owndata not working is that there is a problem with registration of the software.

hi to every one i am new one in this forum i know how to open metastock eod data into tradestation

Tradestation-
step 1. open notepad type BMBSE,23
save it as custexch.txt.
go to windows > program files> tradestation folder>CAL folder. paste custexch.txt into CAL folder.
now your custom exchange is ready.
step 2. (importing metastock eod data)
open TS offline.
click file>new>window. In window click tool > chart analysis
an empty window will open. right click empty window, then click format symbol. in format symbol
click lookup>add .in add/ edit change type to metastockand click browse and goto the metastock data folder in your computer.
In prefix type MY click ok. now symbol list will appear selsect any symbol eg acc click ok

now select interval to daily,weekly etc. in range select first and last dates
select time zone to exchange. click ok

Tradestation Data

hi to every one i am new one in this forum i know how to open metastock eod data into tradestation

Tradestation-
save it as custexch.txt.
go to windows > program files> tradestation folder>CAL folder. paste custexch.txt into CAL folder.
open TS offline.
an empty window will open. right click empty window, then click format symbol. in format symbol
click lookup>add .in add/ edit change type to metastockand click browse and goto the metastock data folder in your computer.
In prefix type MY click ok. now symbol list will appear selsect any symbol eg acc click ok

Hello
Thanks for posting the instructions for loading Metastock data into TS8, I followed your instructions but when I tried to load the data the program gave me a error message "Data request failed, No data available for this symbol"
Any further recommendations would be highly appreciated.

Tradestation 8.3 Data

Will not read intraday metastock data directly, then you need owndata. Also will only read metastock 9.x or greater. Better check if your data is of this type, if not then suggest you go back to trying to get it working via owndata. The most likely cause of owndata not working is that there is a problem with registration of the software.
Thanks for your reply and I really appreciate all your effort to assist me. Can you explain the procedure using Owndata2 for importing the Metastock EOD data to Tradestation 8.3. MY metastock data is valid for TS8.3, the problem I experienced when trying to load the data directly into TS8 is that I am not able to select the Exchange name as that field appears to be empty, zzzzzinglala suggested the following rountine
"step 1. open notepad type BMBSE,23
save it as custexch.txt.
now your custom exchange is ready."
which solved the problem of the empty exchange field, but even after doing this procedure, I got this error message "Data request failed, No data available for this symbol"
Any additional suggestion would be appreciated

I would like to thank both zzzzzinglala and TWI for your timely contribution in assisting me with my TS 8.3 data issue, the procedure that zzzzzinglala recommends in his thread was the key to solving the Exchange name issue, I was able to finally successfully load metastock data into TS 8.3, just remember for those who are experiencing this same problem, whenever you write that BMBSE,23 code, you need to change the number to the time zone appropriate for your location, there is a list of time zone codes listed in the help section, so for example if you reside in the USA, you would enter BMBSE,18, if anyone needs any help I will be more than happy to offer any suggestion to help you

This Does Not Work For Me...:-(

Tradestation-
save it as custexch.txt.
open TS offline.

HI, UNFORTUNATELY THEESE STEPS DOES NOT WORK ON MY TRADESTATION...i do everything also to write the right time zone number (that is 4 because i m from europe)
BUT ANY SYMBOL OR METASTOCK DATA IS CHARGED
MAY YOU HELP ME PLEASE??

Hi,

Is there anybody using ESignal -> OwnData -> TS 8.3 to trade Euro or Asian stocks with Live data intraday?

Can you comment about reliability? I am in the US so probably I would not be nannying the trades. I have a pretty solid system for trading with TS->NT->IB and I would like to add some more action when the US stocks close. I am not interested in EOD data just the Live connection to drive tick charts in TS 8.3.

Fabio

I know, how use Omega Research ProSuite 2000i, TradeStation 2000, MetaStock, Investor's Dream, EWA (Elliot Wave Analyzer), ElWave, Advanced GET and very much other programs with free forex real-time data feed.

my russian user guide (25 pg, pdf) RapidShare: Easy Filehosting
my full video (avi, 60 Mb.): RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

my user guide is easy (almost all - screenshots) but, if you have questions, I can help you setup it. I write it almost 2 weeks.

[email protected]

my examples of free forex real-time data feed:

tradestation8-nexgen-crack-patch-download-1-800.png

after 10 hours

tradestation8-nexgen-crack-patch-download-2-800.png

after 5 hours

tradestation8-nexgen-crack-patch-download-3-800.png

advanced get too can use with free forex real time...

abvancedget-free-real-time-for-tradestation2000-01-800.png

after 2 hours

abvancedget-free-real-time-for-tradestation2000-02-800.png

Hi Everybody,

I use Tradestation 8.3 + Owndata 2.5 and market data from IB (Interactive Boker). I can draw intraday charts in Tradestation, but when I want to draw daily or weekly chart, I have nothing in the window chat. As an exemple, when I want to draw a daily chart, Tradestation draws only 1 bart chart in the window (the current bard chart). I tried the same exercise with NinjaTrader 6.5, and with NT there is no problem, I have the daily chart.
So, could you please help me ? Is there a specific configuration for owndata or Tradestation to draw daily or weely chart ?

Thank you in advance for you help.

Best regards,

Chloe31.

Hi ImranQ,

I tried with a lot of symbols (ES, YM, NQ, CL; ZG, ZC, ZW, ZS, CC, CT, OJ). As an exemple, i use IB:ESU9 in trade station, as i use the data from IB

Moreover, what are the avantages / drawbacks between tradestation 8 + Owndata 2.5 and Multicharts 5, both used with IB ?

Thank yous for your help.
Best regards,

Chloe31

Hi Chloe31,

I got similar problem as you. I use TS8.4 with Owndata 2.6 and IB. There is only one bar in the daily chart though it does refresh with data feed.

Is it because IB does not support the historical data? Kindly share with me if you got the solution.

Thanks in advance.

Sumar

Hi sumar,

I do not think that the problem comes from IB, as when I use Ninjatrader 6.5 with IB, I can draw daily chart will all the historical data.
I now use Multichart 5.0 with IB. I have no problem to draw daily, weekly or Monthly charts. So, from my point of view, the problem comes from tradestation with owndata.

Best regards,
Chloe

I would like to thank both zzzzzinglala and TWI for your timely contribution in assisting me with my TS 8.3 data issue, the procedure that zzzzzinglala recommends in his thread was the key to solving the Exchange name issue, I was able to finally successfully load metastock data into TS 8.3, just remember for those who are experiencing this same problem, whenever you write that BMBSE,23 code, you need to change the number to the time zone appropriate for your location, there is a list of time zone codes listed in the help section, so for example if you reside in the USA, you would enter BMBSE,18, if anyone needs any help I will be more than happy to offer any suggestion to help you

Hi goldtraderx,
I have questions to ask on my TS8.4 +metastock 7.2 EOD data. I have no problem with chart loading even if I didn't add the custexch.txt file to TS. I think I have config the attribute.ini correctly (session days MTWRF). However the Friday data is always missing from the chart every week. Would you please advise on what's wrong here.
Thanks in advance.

Hi sumar,

I do not think that the problem comes from IB, as when I use Ninjatrader 6.5 with IB, I can draw daily chart will all the historical data.
I now use Multichart 5.0 with IB. I have no problem to draw daily, weekly or Monthly charts. So, from my point of view, the problem comes from tradestation with owndata.

Best regards,
Chloe

It seems that no one has any idea on what's wrong with our system.

Hi,

As I already said, I use Multicharts 5.0 with IB. I still have one issue with CL, ZG and ZI. Multicharts does not find these symbols (but symbol found by quotemager), whereas with NT, there is no issue with CL, but with ZG et ZI.
Do you have any idea ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,
Chloe