Trader-Dante trader training for spread betting is he any good? Proof not words!

You didn't read the title of this thread then did you? Its clearly about one individual and another's unwarranted/misrepresented slant on that individual

Apologies for upsetting you, was just politely trying to add to the debate in a respectful and calm manner, hoping for open constructive debate.

Apologies for upsetting you, was just politely trying to add to the debate in a respectful and calm manner, hoping for open constructive debate.

This debate is dead..has been for some time. But please, dont apologise. Im not offended/upset in the slightest. Its not my thread and I am not trader Dante

Hi All,
Id like to make just a few points in relation to this thread, I have no affiliation or personal relationship with TD - however i have subscribed to his material in the recent past and i would like to make a few points based on that experience - It seems that most of the contributors here are willing to prosecute without the experience of knowing or studying the material of the accused.I trust that some people would like to take benefit from one who has actually been through the experience of TD s material-hence this post.

Firstly -TD has never ever claimed that he traded a small account up to 400k in a 6 month Period using SFP s exclusively.. That is a mis-representation of what he stated and as such that claim needs to be corrected, The SFP set up which is one of many methods employed by him has only been traded by him for the past year or maybe less,He never traded that method 5 years ago when he initially built larger returns on his starting capital.He does state that he started with a small account and initially built that up very quickly (long before SFP was part of his arsenal), He also openly admits that in the early days he risked a much larger percentage of equity than would be the norm as his trading equity was initially such a small amount that it was both necessary and feasible to do so, His subsequent rate of return in percentage terms was signifigantly less as time progressed as the money management of a larger account dictated lower percentage risk per trade.
In summary-He has never claimed a 200/1 return in 6 months employing 1 method only as is falsely claimed here.

Further more-It is widely known that he is indeed a professional trader and that he works with a prop firm "Futex " in London, This is not a false claim and is a fact- He is financially backed by them and again this could be verified independently should any one choose to do so , Futex do not make their money by financially backing snake oil sales men or dodgey traders ,all Prop traders live by one thing and one thing only-IE their own ability to perform consistently in the real market,
Summary-he is a professional trader who trades for a living.

Snake oil sales men in my experience are hard nosed , pushy and ignorant about their chosen subject of alleged expertise, TD is none of the above, He is very open about his own trading(he makes live calls),laid back and not at all pushy . i have never seen him advertise or promote his site openly as many do nor are his marketing tactics aggressive or intrusive as those of the snake oil salesmen often are. he mentions his site on occasion as he is entitled to do - but his marketing techniques are hardly excessively pushy , I doubt if any one here can claim having been exerted under excessive pressure by TD to subscribe to anything he offered, i personally had to wait 2 weeks before he responded to my email request to speak to him regarding subscribing to his material,,he seems much more focussed on actually trading rather than marketing or wasting time posting on threads that have little to do with real education,

Now-Regarding my own experience with him and more relevantly my analysis of him and his performance - i have subscribed to his material about 2 months ago and as such I have reasonable(albeit recent) knowledge as to his trading methods & ability,
Personally- To date-I have found his material useful and of benefit to me, I have watched him trade live(yes -he makes live calls both in his scalping room and also on his twitter feed day in & day out),,
There are many false accusations here and this is yet another one-it is falsely claimed here that he trades with the benefit of hindsight(this is simply not true-i have never seen him do that ),All calls are made live in real time and quit e often well in advance of execution, Any one claiming that he makes calls after the event has never been privy to those calls,

During my limited time(approx 8 weeks), His scalping returns have been consistently profitable + impressively so, His returns trading longer term TF are less impressive in that period and his H1 calls have lost money since i have started following them (about 6 weeks ago), He does not hide that fact nor does he attempt to do so, He has by his own admission seen similar periods of draw down on that TF in the past (most recently june 2012)-all traders know that no method will be consistently profitable day in and day out and that draw down periods are inevitable, His overall return using both TF is however positive as his scalping has made very consistent returns in that time outweighing the longer TF losses ,
summary-he trades live in the live market for all to see , he does not make calls with the benefit of hindsight and all his trades can be tracked easily.In my limited experience -overall his trades have been profitable,

He also trades a real live account -Not a demo account as many alleged teachers do,that is clear in the room via the prospreads platform which he uses to execute his scalp trades,

Now- I appreciate that 8 weeks is a relatively short period of time,but i believe that it is certainly long enough to get a feel for a traders method , instinct , money management and overall ability,
Based on my understanding of his methods, his reasoning , logic and trade management- I believe that he is genuine and is indeed a true trading professional, I advise people who have doubts to watch traders/teachers trade and get a feel for what they are doing, if you do so on a trial basis, -You can always walk away after a few weeks if their methods do not meet your approval at no cost to yourself,

If people insist on account statements to show proof -then only TD can answer that question directly himself, But - i suspect that it would take some feat of work and effort to scan 5 years of account statements from numerous brokers , some with only small percentages of overall trader equity in them, furthermore-it is understandable that no trader would hold all their equity in one account or with any one broker as he is not financially protected by so doing , some funds would by necessity be moved into and out of bank accounts during that period in order to protect capital ,it would take quite an audit trail to track all of that movement and prove consistent overall equity growth in my opinion ,,,It would not just be as simnple as clicking a button and scanning a few pages of one account ,,,even then-if and when it could be done, the photoshop accusations would i suspect start,The proof would never satisfy the doubters,

May i propose that if people have doubts about TD and that if they are actually genuine about satisfying those doubts that they read some of his blogs freely available here and on FF to initially get a feel for his methods , They are also free to verify that he is a professional trader with Futex , They can follow his Live calls on twitter should they need further exposure to him ,They could even ask him for a free trial into his scalping room(im sure he would probably oblige) , They could talk to other s who have done his course use and who subscribed to his material in the past , They could do all of the above at absolutely no cost to them selves .

I m sure some will ridicule my post - but those who do , please let me know what your direct negative experiences of TD have been rather than your theories of same, My comments are at least made with the benefit of actually having studied his material and calls,whether that knowledge will benefit me in the longer term or not is yet to be determined , I advise others to do their own due diligence as i did but that they should get their facts right and not to post false interpretations of those facts ,I agree that all teachers deserve to be questioned and due diligence is the perogative of any paying student- I advise any one reading this to do your due diligence in advance , be careful and choose your mentors very carefully, Likewise-Be careful of threads like this that are somewhat ill informed, full of inconsistencies and inconssitencies, based largely on assertyions rather than fact, At least do yourselves a favour and base your judgemnent on fact -not fcition, Y
Regards, Brian

Faceman78 - I think ikeano's blog says it well enough at first hand experience along with a number of other supporting blogs in this thread.

Trader Dante was one of the legends of T2W who got hounded out. He used to offer his trading setups and system for free but too many back seat drivers and the noise was too much so he left - setting up a private online forum.

In a nut-shell is he is a legitimate trader who earns his living trading full time and offers online training too.

Faceman78 - I think ikeano's blog says it well enough at first hand experience along with a number of other supporting blogs in this thread.

Trader Dante was one of the legends of T2W who got hounded out. He used to offer his trading setups and system for free but too many back seat drivers and the noise was too much so he left - setting up a private online forum.

In a nut-shell is he is a legitimate trader who earns his living trading full time and offers online training too.

That is fair enough, and I am convinced his system works... I have read his original thread and also checked on his tweets.

I remain unconvinced that he makes it pay personally.

Not a chance in hell you would go from the comfort, flexibility and freedom of just making a good living by trading what you want when you want to the cumbersome world of selling to survive.

It would add up if he just posted up profit and loss statements from personal account, but his failure to do this makes no sense at all for reasons disclosed above.

I have used him as an example on this thread but these comments equally apply to all sellers... prove what you make, and if you cannot and will not... why not? There simply cannot be any other reason than they have not.

That is fair enough, and I am convinced his system works... I have read his original thread and also checked on his tweets.

I remain unconvinced that he makes it pay personally.

Not a chance in hell you would go from the comfort, flexibility and freedom of just making a good living by trading what you want when you want to the cumbersome world of selling to survive.

It would add up if he just posted up profit and loss statements from personal account, but his failure to do this makes no sense at all for reasons disclosed above.

I have used him as an example on this thread but these comments equally apply to all sellers... prove what you make, and if you cannot and will not... why not? There simply cannot be any other reason than they have not.

Ok let's say you are working for a global bank and you are a professional trader right!

You basic is £250K + bonus on profits at end of year...

Why do they continue working for the bank? Why not work on your own? The top traders by the way are already usually multi-millionaires.

You should also know they are profitable year after year otherwise they'd get the boot. Right?

Makes no sense to me too. :rolleyes:

Why oh why oh why??? :cheesy:

Ok let's say you are working for a global bank and you are a professional trader right!

Why do they continue working for the bank? Why not work on your own? The top traders by the way are already usually multi-millionaires.

You should also know they are profitable year after year otherwise they'd get the boot. Right?

Nice talk, but absolutely irrelevant to this conversation.

Could we specifically discuss why he does not prove he profits.. that is all I am discussing not his system, which I have repeatedly praised, his motives I cannot really understand until I see his P&L.

Do you have a name for the web site Atilla, would be interested in having a look.

p.m if you prefer (y)

Do you have a name for the web site Atilla, would be interested in having a look.

p.m if you prefer (y)

I'm afraid I don't as I have no vested interest nor am I a signed up member. However, met him once for food and drinks few years back along with some other traders.

I haven't seen, read or heard anything by him that I thought was off-base that's all.

But credit to some T2W members and staff who have commented their opinions to put the record straight.

Just don't like it when a pack of hyenias start making mischief for no good reason and this seems to be a trait here which usually ends up with good bodies leaving.

Truth Seeker - the name is a bit of a paradox isn't? Another smart alek (n)

1/ They get to use the bank's money
2/ They have access to cheaper spreads, equipment, exchange fees.
3/ Some people just like to earn a shedload of money and don't stop
4/ 250k isn't nearly enough for all the hookers and cocaine that they need to support.

I see this debate is still going on, and there's been many words, but yet nothing to back it up. The thread heading stated proof no words. There has been a huge effort to discredit this thread and anyone who agrees that statements, hmmm, I wonder why? Don't bother attacking me as I am not interested in children's posts.

Hi All,
Id like to make just a few points in relation to this thread, I have no affiliation or personal relationship with TD - however i have subscribed to his material in the recent past and i would like to make a few points based on that experience - It seems that most of the contributors here are willing to prosecute without the experience of knowing or studying the material of the accused.I trust that some people would like to take benefit from one who has actually been through the experience of TD s material-hence this post.

Firstly -TD has never ever claimed that he traded a small account up to 400k in a 6 month Period using SFP s exclusively.. That is a mis-representation of what he stated and as such that claim needs to be corrected, The SFP set up which is one of many methods employed by him has only been traded by him for the past year or maybe less,He never traded that method 5 years ago when he initially built larger returns on his starting capital.He does state that he started with a small account and initially built that up very quickly (long before SFP was part of his arsenal), He also openly admits that in the early days he risked a much larger percentage of equity than would be the norm as his trading equity was initially such a small amount that it was both necessary and feasible to do so, His subsequent rate of return in percentage terms was signifigantly less as time progressed as the money management of a larger account dictated lower percentage risk per trade.
In summary-He has never claimed a 200/1 return in 6 months employing 1 method only as is falsely claimed here.

Further more-It is widely known that he is indeed a professional trader and that he works with a prop firm "Futex " in London, This is not a false claim and is a fact- He is financially backed by them and again this could be verified independently should any one choose to do so , Futex do not make their money by financially backing snake oil sales men or dodgey traders ,all Prop traders live by one thing and one thing only-IE their own ability to perform consistently in the real market,
Summary-he is a professional trader who trades for a living.

Snake oil sales men in my experience are hard nosed , pushy and ignorant about their chosen subject of alleged expertise, TD is none of the above, He is very open about his own trading(he makes live calls),laid back and not at all pushy . i have never seen him advertise or promote his site openly as many do nor are his marketing tactics aggressive or intrusive as those of the snake oil salesmen often are. he mentions his site on occasion as he is entitled to do - but his marketing techniques are hardly excessively pushy , I doubt if any one here can claim having been exerted under excessive pressure by TD to subscribe to anything he offered, i personally had to wait 2 weeks before he responded to my email request to speak to him regarding subscribing to his material,,he seems much more focussed on actually trading rather than marketing or wasting time posting on threads that have little to do with real education,

Now-Regarding my own experience with him and more relevantly my analysis of him and his performance - i have subscribed to his material about 2 months ago and as such I have reasonable(albeit recent) knowledge as to his trading methods & ability,
Personally- To date-I have found his material useful and of benefit to me, I have watched him trade live(yes -he makes live calls both in his scalping room and also on his twitter feed day in & day out),,
There are many false accusations here and this is yet another one-it is falsely claimed here that he trades with the benefit of hindsight(this is simply not true-i have never seen him do that ),All calls are made live in real time and quit e often well in advance of execution, Any one claiming that he makes calls after the event has never been privy to those calls,

During my limited time(approx 8 weeks), His scalping returns have been consistently profitable + impressively so, His returns trading longer term TF are less impressive in that period and his H1 calls have lost money since i have started following them (about 6 weeks ago), He does not hide that fact nor does he attempt to do so, He has by his own admission seen similar periods of draw down on that TF in the past (most recently june 2012)-all traders know that no method will be consistently profitable day in and day out and that draw down periods are inevitable, His overall return using both TF is however positive as his scalping has made very consistent returns in that time outweighing the longer TF losses ,
summary-he trades live in the live market for all to see , he does not make calls with the benefit of hindsight and all his trades can be tracked easily.In my limited experience -overall his trades have been profitable,

He also trades a real live account -Not a demo account as many alleged teachers do,that is clear in the room via the prospreads platform which he uses to execute his scalp trades,

Now- I appreciate that 8 weeks is a relatively short period of time,but i believe that it is certainly long enough to get a feel for a traders method , instinct , money management and overall ability,
Based on my understanding of his methods, his reasoning , logic and trade management- I believe that he is genuine and is indeed a true trading professional, I advise people who have doubts to watch traders/teachers trade and get a feel for what they are doing, if you do so on a trial basis, -You can always walk away after a few weeks if their methods do not meet your approval at no cost to yourself,

If people insist on account statements to show proof -then only TD can answer that question directly himself, But - i suspect that it would take some feat of work and effort to scan 5 years of account statements from numerous brokers , some with only small percentages of overall trader equity in them, furthermore-it is understandable that no trader would hold all their equity in one account or with any one broker as he is not financially protected by so doing , some funds would by necessity be moved into and out of bank accounts during that period in order to protect capital ,it would take quite an audit trail to track all of that movement and prove consistent overall equity growth in my opinion ,,,It would not just be as simnple as clicking a button and scanning a few pages of one account ,,,even then-if and when it could be done, the photoshop accusations would i suspect start,The proof would never satisfy the doubters,

May i propose that if people have doubts about TD and that if they are actually genuine about satisfying those doubts that they read some of his blogs freely available here and on FF to initially get a feel for his methods , They are also free to verify that he is a professional trader with Futex , They can follow his Live calls on twitter should they need further exposure to him ,They could even ask him for a free trial into his scalping room(im sure he would probably oblige) , They could talk to other s who have done his course use and who subscribed to his material in the past , They could do all of the above at absolutely no cost to them selves .

I m sure some will ridicule my post - but those who do , please let me know what your direct negative experiences of TD have been rather than your theories of same, My comments are at least made with the benefit of actually having studied his material and calls,whether that knowledge will benefit me in the longer term or not is yet to be determined , I advise others to do their own due diligence as i did but that they should get their facts right and not to post false interpretations of those facts ,I agree that all teachers deserve to be questioned and due diligence is the perogative of any paying student- I advise any one reading this to do your due diligence in advance , be careful and choose your mentors very carefully, Likewise-Be careful of threads like this that are somewhat ill informed, full of inconsistencies and inconssitencies, based largely on assertyions rather than fact, At least do yourselves a favour and base your judgemnent on fact -not fcition, Y
Regards, Brian

Hi Brian

Show us your statements so we can cross check them, otherwise they are just words, (and loads of them), because I know members who are not profiting or 50/50 at best some weeks.
Oh and again, the statement of 400k from a few grand was made during a webinar, and I have never said he claimed he did it in 6 months.

Anybody can work at Futex, and there's still no proof that he's trading their account as they wont/discuss him because of the data protection act, and trading at Futex doesn't mean you're a professional trader and apparently (again no proof, all hearsay) he isn't even trading SFP's there, he tried that before and left because he hated it there, and all he is doing is learning to scalp the 5 min using the DOM, which isn't hard at all, who hasn't traded the DOM?

So try to get your facts right in future and provide proof, all I hear from you is lame excuses that he would find it hard to scan a few brokers statements (LOL). That's NO defense.

Let me give you some advice Mr 6 weeks in - the only real companies, teachers/traders, whoever to trust to be able to train you are the ones who can back up their claims with full statistics, statements, and live up to date results monitoring constant trades, all the rest are a gamble are usually useless. It's your money and time. Remember the saying 'a fool and his money are easily parted'.

All I want is proof, and it's not coming is it? Trader Dante, take off the 'professional' part on your site, because a professional is on top of their game, not 'learning' still and charging while they learn themselves. They provide all proof of their experience, not just words!

It's a shame some can't see that simple logic, but then, the rudeness here from the ignorants, the market always needs stupid money I suppose..

This has gotton really boring. The ignorance here over whelms me with some. But at least the message is clear with many - don't take peoples words that they are good enough to pay (who would really want to have to put up customers and annoying beginners when you can make millions without the stress in the first place?) ask for PROOF, no proof? Well, there's one born every minute, so they always get mugs to line their pockets as we have seen here.

Last edited:
Could be a myriad of reasons, Taxman cometh maybe the primary one.

But of course, the increase in sign-ups and coverage of your system would far outweigh any liabilities.

Maybe you could elaborate?

wahahahahahahaahahhaha

If scalping the 5 min using the DOM isn't hard, why are you hanging around here talking to idiots like us?

You can't trade the DOM? LOL. I'm hardly hanging around here too. Again, a useless weak reply liked by the weak. I'm now gone as there is no truth here to seek.

Also... why leave Futex... repeatedly spoke of his hate for the place and the rules etc... and then go back?

Surely he is doing so well with his own trading he should have started his own version of Futex?