Time != Money ?

Consider most skills. Are you better if you do it every day than if you do it once a month, or once a week?

Most folk on the driving range get a bucket of balls and whack away for 20 minutes (usually driver), thereby ingraining their bad habits.

You need to practice "smart".

Most folk on the driving range get a bucket of balls and whack away for 20 minutes (usually driver), thereby ingraining their bad habits.

You need to practice "smart".

Yep, and most traders would probably be better off learning from someone who can actually trade and direct them to trade smart. But regardless of that, if you hit a golf ball 100 times, or you hit a golf ball 10,000 times, I know which I'd expect to make you a better player. By the way, there are many golfers with a non-text book swing who have reached the top of the game. The body and the mind can learn and adapt and find a way. But they need to experience doing it. It is not that practicing smart is the only way. It is that practicing smart will get you there in less swings. Ronaldo and Ronaldinho didn't get taught early on by great coaches. They learned their football on the streets, by playing and playing and playing. No substitute to hard work and experience.

By the way, there are many golfers with a non-text book swing who have reached the top of the game.

This is true, Jim Furyk springs to mind. Kenny Perry also has a strange action, but he has been very successful late in his career.

Now, I'm not a big fan of analogies, because you can make anything into an analogy if you want (a bit like there being contradictory rules in the Bible).

The one thing that every great golfer has in common is that they look identical AT IMPACT. How can we use this for our trading analogy?

Can you get good hamburgers in Hamburg???

Is a resident of Hamburg called a Hamburger?

The vegetarians ones ar ethe onyl ones I know but they're good.

Yup vegetarian Hamburgers is what's become of us at this stage of our lives.

;)

(Since about half a year.)

We see many threads about potential returns on here. Whilst there seem to be a lot of opinions about what sort of returns are available, there is little discussion on the amount of effort expended to get these returns.

Is the effort irrelevant? Can you make 100% a year (or whatever) just as easily with 10 minutes a day as you can if you put in 10 hours a day?

Of course, the laws of diminishing returns must apply - if you put in 18 hours a day, then there is little doubt that this will guarantee lower returns.

So - does time not equal money here?

I was in Zante once and some black guy selling dodgy cd's said to me, "Time is money, don't waste my time". Then kissed his teeth.

We see many threads about potential returns on here. Whilst there seem to be a lot of opinions about what sort of returns are available, there is little discussion on the amount of effort expended to get these returns.

Is the effort irrelevant? Can you make 100% a year (or whatever) just as easily with 10 minutes a day as you can if you put in 10 hours a day?

Of course, the laws of diminishing returns must apply - if you put in 18 hours a day, then there is little doubt that this will guarantee lower returns.

So - does time not equal money here?

Time = Money ? yes , for example : someone like u posts actively in discussion boards he is not making money trading thats for sure :cheesy:

Time = Money ? yes , for example : someone like u posts actively in discussion boards he is not making money trading thats for sure :cheesy:

It's "Time != Money" which means time does NOT equal money, negates your point slightly.

time and money are interchangeable as in
"I have plenty of time, but no money."
or
"I have plenty of money, but no time."
and the corollary,
"I have no time, no money, and no life."

:whistling

Peter