Thinking about taking major risks on Gold and USD/CHF

That was also the other thought I had and probably the reason I haven't done it. Doesn't make me any less of a noob though!

The risk remains that you will get drawn in. I expect every noob will be telling every other noob that they are making big profits in gold by the time it tops. The crash will happen when every noob and his dog are all in and get this strange idea that it is impossible to lose.

Even though that I'm not a businessman, but before making any steps on this field you must be professional on every decision that you will going to do.

So what you are saying is that by putting on smart suite and tie we can make the correct decisions ?

When every noob is buying gold, it is time to sell.

They said that about Tech stocks in 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998 and then the market doubled again going into 2000/2001.

Summary: The crowd are often very right for long periods of time. But they're very wrong at the top.

I considered almost the same thing. Everyone seems to be "investing" in Gold, seems like you can't go wrong. Even had 2 or 3 shops open up recently near me that buy any Gold you take in.

Bubble's gotta burst somewhen though surely?

A) it's far from a bubble because bubbles mean EVERYONE knows. Tech stocks, property into 2005/06 who didn't know?

B) But hit the streets, start talking about Gold and virtually NOBODY knows about its price. I been asking people recently, the Postman, the girl at Sainsburys, the fella who cuts my friend's lawn etc. They of course know wht Gold is, but they haven't got a clue what it's been doing over the last 5-10 years.

c) Re the shops you're missing a very significatn point, they're BUYING not selling. Hardly sign of a bubble top. Be on the lookout though for when you see signs saying 'WE SELL GOLD'.

They said that about Tech stocks in 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998 and then the market doubled again going into 2000/2001.

Summary: The crowd are often very right for long periods of time. But they're very wrong at the top.

True words.

Gold's biggest gains will be in the final stage of it's bull market, and we're not there yet. That said, the public won't get out even if they catch a nice ride.

A) it's far from a bubble because bubbles mean EVERYONE knows. Tech stocks, property into 2005/06 who didn't know?

B) But hit the streets, start talking about Gold and virtually NOBODY knows about its price. I been asking people recently, the Postman, the girl at Sainsburys, the fella who cuts my friend's lawn etc. They of course know wht Gold is, but they haven't got a clue what it's been doing over the last 5-10 years.

c) Re the shops you're missing a very significatn point, they're BUYING not selling. Hardly sign of a bubble top. Be on the lookout though for when you see signs saying 'WE SELL GOLD'.

I thought Soros quoted Gold as the "ultimate bubble"? Although, seems he might have been wrong in selling all his?

I can't argue with the points you make, I always hear everyone is buying Gold and think maybe I should as well but that just makes me a noob like beginner_bramble says. I'm sure with my luck if I make even just a 10p per point long on Gold it'll crash the market!:LOL: