Think house prices will rise now.. read this...

Has the Detroit population moved away from the city ?

Paul

Hi Paul, did you read the article? We have no idea of just how decimated parts of the US are, in particular Michigan...truly scary...
UK house price crash back on course...been a secular bear market rally over the past year, but credit has finally dried up. This last fall (over Feb) will start to kill it until we fall another 15%. A 30/33% fall, (from peak to trough), is about right, certainly takes the market back to the 20-30 year trend...

Hi Paul, did you read the article? We have no idea of just how decimated parts of the US are, in particular Michigan...truly scary...
UK house price crash back on course...been a secular bear market rally over the past year, but credit has finally dried up. This last fall (over Feb) will start to kill it until we fall another 15%. A 30/33% fall, (from peak to trough), is about right, certainly takes the market back to the 20-30 year trend...

I think the UK is waiting with baited breath now. The banks have received the stimulus
of QE but the general economy hasnt. The unemployment, people on benefits and sick claimants are growing. The working population cant get mortgages because the bank's wont lower the criteria's. The repossesions are growing by the day. The immigrants are still arriving. The housing market should have dropped a long while ago but hasnt. Our proud Financial Services backbone of the economy has diminished. We have no manufacturing. Our gold been sold(at rock bottom). Our mining for coal kaput.

Meanwhile we go scavenging off around the Falklands to drill for oil as a last hope.

I hope im wrong but i dont see any light at the end of the tunnell. It's very sad to say
but i hate being British as that has been watered down to the point where were farting against thunder.

The only light is the glass of red in my hand. :p:p:p:p:p:p

Get rid of Labour and if possible all politicians.

Bring it something new... What i dont know....

Last edited:
I think the UK is waiting with baited breath now. The banks have received the stimulus
of QE but the general economy hasnt. The unemployment, people on benefits and sick claimants are growing. The working population cant get mortgages because the bank's wont lower the criteria's.

hmm...finally learning prudence eh? (the banks/mortgage-lenders I mean).

But if people can't get mortgages when proper criteria are enforced, this surely underlines the fact that house prices are still way out of line with average incomes, and have to come down. This is partly a supply and demand issue of course. Partly a reflection of the fact that millions have bought high, and don't want to sell low. As traders, we feel their pain, but lets face it, houses are still incredibly over-valued.

of QE but the general economy hasnt. The unemployment, people on benefits and sick claimants are growing. The working population cant get mortgages because the bank's wont lower the criteria's. The repossesions are growing by the day. The immigrants are still arriving. The housing market should have dropped a long while ago but hasnt. Our proud Financial Services backbone of the economy has diminished. We have no manufacturing. Our gold been sold(at rock bottom). Our mining for coal kaput.

Meanwhile we go scavenging off around the Falklands to drill for oil as a last hope.

I hope im wrong but i dont see any light at the end of the tunnell. It's very sad to say
but i hate being British as that has been watered down to the point where were farting against thunder.

The only light is the glass of red in my hand. :p:p:p:p:p:p

Get rid of Labour and if possible all politicians.

Bring it something new... What i dont know....

No no no no...

Labour are going to win the May elections!

England going to win the world cup in June!

House prices will rise 5% + this year alone!

FTSE will double in 5 years to 10,000+

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Best of all spring is just round the corner...

Things can only get much better from here (y)

hmm...finally learning prudence eh? (the banks/mortgage-lenders I mean).

But if people can't get mortgages when proper criteria are enforced, this surely underlines the fact that house prices are still way out of line with average incomes, and have to come down. This is partly a supply and demand issue of course. Partly a reflection of the fact that millions have bought high, and don't want to sell low. As traders, we feel their pain, but lets face it, houses are still incredibly over-valued.

Mont,

You are right. But the banks have been given all this money for nothing. The government could have issued each family with voucher in theory say for £150 which
could be spent in any shop to increase public spending which would have found its way
into the banking system eventually and increased the money through the system back to the banks. But hey the public are not going to see any money as the investment arm of the banks have effectively had more money to gamble with again and now were back to square 1 with the banks paying big bonuses. That will only fill the top of the housing market with no buyers at the bottom to support the pyramid of the housing market.

But hey thats the way the Government works. The banks are no 1 and we the public pay just as always.

Ged