Think and Grow Rich

timsk said:
You need to think it through.

That goes without saying and should be obvious to anyone with not even half a brain.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh . . . now I know where I've been going wrong! Where can I buy half a brain? I know, I'll try ebay; you can everything there . . .
Tim.[/QUOTE]

see my thread Brain for Sale!!

in good condition - still in original wrapping :) :) :)

TheBramble said:
Have you tried other bulletin boards. It might help... :cool:

Who says it's a bad thing? :LOL:

Seriously though - has anyone ever 'Thought and Grown Rich' using this book?
I know Peter Ebdon is a fan...

trendie,
Thanks for the offer, but I've only got room for half a brain. If I were able to use the half brain that I don't yet have I may conclude that I'd be better off dumping the half that I've already got and then I'd be in the market to purchase your whole brain. Alas, I don't have the half I need to have this thought. I think this thread is heading towards Schroedinger's (incorrect spelling no doubt) Cat territory: is the light on inside the fridge when the door's shut etc, etc.

Salty,
"Plenty on here m8" (Post #12). Careful Salty careful, otherwise the mods (i.e. barjon as he's only on probation and Sharky's told him to crack the whip) might spank your botty and send you to bed early if you make any more comments like that.
:cheesy:
Tim.

trendie said:
Where can I buy half a brain?
Depends how much you want to spend, mate ... I can get you a special deal on half the brain of a politician ... but you'll have to arrange the transplant on yer own, innit?

Yes, and commitment is a big part of it, without commitment even a great plan is useless

rog1111

TheBramble said:
It would help awfully if it were a good plan - rather than just 'a plan'.

Lot's of people think just having a plan is the answer. You need to think it through.

Last edited:
Roberto said:
Depends how much you want to spend, mate ... I can get you a special deal on half the brain of a politician ... but you'll have to arrange the transplant on yer own, innit?

Roberto's on a scam, everybody knows politicians don't have half a brain :LOL:

Switching gears:
3) Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques SE, Nison

It would be very interesting to know what book(s) have been instrumental in significant in helping your trading. I know there are many trading books but few have the potentail to significantly help on in their trading endeavors.

d-

des,
Nice gear change and one that deserves it's own thread IMO. I think many more members than the relative few attracted to this particular thread would be interested in your idea. If you decide to go down this route, may I suggest the following, - posters should state where they are on their trading journey and which book was most valuable to them at what stage of their journey. For instance, Naz (Alan Rich) might include an advanced book on level II in his selection of three, but it wouldn't be appropriate for a newbie to rush out and buy it. Additionally, you might like to have a core selection which it is assumed every trader has read to ensure the same titles don't get repeated ad infinitum, e.g. Reminiscences of a Stock Operator, Technical Analysis of Stock Trends etc. A bit like The Bible and the complete works of Shakespeare on desert island discs. In this way, the thread will be more interesting to read and potentially more revealing.
Tim.

Go ahead and start a new thread on books Tim

This thread got rather maniacal and lost the plot somewhat.

''Richest Man In Babylon'' .... great book, if it wasnt for this book I would have never got into trading.

not directly related to trading but good book about handling money & fantastic if u are fighting from behind financially & want to move forward ...if you can get your head into it.

Jay

Finlayson said:
''Richest Man In Babylon'' .... great book, if it wasnt for this book I would have never got into trading.

not directly related to trading but good book about handling money & fantastic if u are fighting from behind financially & want to move forward ...if you can get your head into it.

Jay

Hey, that one got me thinking about being more constructive with money too!
It does indeed speak a lot of sense, and is pleasantly free of the more abstract stuff you'll find elsewhere.
Recommended.

Julian,
Welcome to t2w and an excellent introductory post. May I suggest that you use a 'regular' font (as opposed to a 'bold' one) in future posts as it's easier to read and thus enables the viewer to focus on the content and meaning of your post rather than its appearance. ;)
Cheers,
Tim.