Think and Grow Rich

Salty Gibbon

Experienced member
I have just downloaded a free ebook called " Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill.

Does anybody know if it's worth reading ?

Free = probably not , but would appreciate any feedback

Yes

Salty,
It's considered by many to be a 'classic' in it's field - which is probably popular psychology rather than business / investing. I read it about 20 years ago and I'm still as poor as a church mouse! Of course, had I not read it, I might be completely destitute by now. :cheesy:

The premise for the book is simple: interview a bunch of very successful business people and find the common denominators. Along the lines of 'Market Wizards', but it's a much lighter read, suitable for digestion by the mass market. I'd recommend it, It's a good read, but I'd be extremely surprised if it improves the bottom line of your trading account.
Tim.

Yep. It was actually first released in 1937 - I believe it is considered the first 'self-help' book (got a lot to answer for then!). It talks a lot of sense, but, and this seems to be a criticism I'd have of most of these books, it's a bit short of SPECIFIC tips on how to create and save money (which would probably be out of date anyway!). That seems to be a common denominator with such books - they're all about spiritual approaches and putting yourself in the right frame of mind. Personally, I've done enough thinking, show me how people ACTUALLY set about making money I say.

Don't think I'll bother to read it.

I'll stick with Bernard Cornwell and Richard Sharpe.

Rather read his more recent offering "The Master-Key to Riches". If you do so, you'll certainly need an open mind, and you'll need to ACT on the material read (which most people don't of course), otherwise there's no point. If you go down this route with some determination, then I believe that you'll find the exercise worthwhile.

rog1111

Salty Gibbon said:
I have just downloaded a free ebook called " Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill.

Does anybody know if it's worth reading ?

Free = probably not , but would appreciate any feedback

They make a plan.

And commit to it.

rog1111

james6848 said:
Personally, I've done enough thinking, show me how people ACTUALLY set about making money I say.

It would help awfully if it were a good plan - rather than just 'a plan'.

Lot's of people think just having a plan is the answer. You need to think it through.

You need to think it through.[/QUOTE]

That goes without saying and should be obvious to anyone with not even half a brain.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh . . . now I know where I've been going wrong! Where can I buy half a brain? I know, I'll try ebay; you can everything there . . .
Tim.

Salty Gibbon said:
That goes without saying and should be obvious to anyone with not even half a brain.
The problem with obvious is that it rarely is. Thank goodness.... :cool:

Most things on here though are subliminally obvious so perhaps I should qualify my previous statement.

Salty Gibbon said:
That is obviously obvious even to a person who can never see the obvious.
...but if they can never see the obvious....they must have redefined the word to mean something less, well, less obvious...?

Obvious is obvious.

It can never be less or more obvious.

It is plainly obvious.

Bit like unique really.