The Trading Clinic

Hardstuff,

How did you come to your conclusion? it cant have been through the comments to this thread,????:confused:

Gamma: being an older user does not make you or anyone else an authority or people's intentions. if there were no newbies? i shudder to think what you guys would talk about.

I dont think most people using this forum take things very seriously.. it all seems a bit fun and games, which is cool but a bit of a shame at the same time, i did have some real questions
but to be honest im better off researching them myself...

I now only log on here when im checking myspace or face book...

Gamma: being an older user does not make you or anyone else an authority or people's intentions. if there were no newbies? i shudder to think what you guys would talk about.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:
I am sorry but this thread has kept me so bemused all week.
If there were no newbies this site would still function very well, there is a mine of very educational information available. And yes the p*** will still be taken out of ridiculous posts like the above.
Hopefully the newbies will learn something from this site and become older users as well.

The Trading Clinic keep sending me emails. It only takes 10 weeks apparently [ to become an FX guru]. I wish.

The Trading Clinic keep sending me emails. It only takes 10 weeks apparently [ to become an FX guru]. I wish.

I think u'll find it says, it only takes 10 weeks to start earning money, i just recieved one myself... Honestly moon walker...lean to read!(n)

I know 2 guys run or work for courses like these... and guess what.....

They both started doing it as a way of earning money after giving up trying to make money from trading because they couldn't do it.

Get the books, log on to the websites, spend a hell of a lot of time watching the markets and dedicate yourself to it 100%. That is the only way to learn and it will take longer than 10 weeks.

A lot of people have a lot of trading knowledge and could very convincingly tell you they are profitable traders but very few of them actually are. That's not to say they can't give you a lot of good advice but the only people worth paying aren't for sale.

Trading is a very personal thing, you have to find a style that suits you and do things your own way and work things out for yourself. If someone gives you advice listen but bear in mind that unless it concerns tightening your risk management or improving your psycology it is most likely to be a lot less helpful than they believe it is.

If you try to do something someone elses way you will likely end up a second best version of them. You need to be the best so you have to find your own way.

I know 2 guys run or work for courses like these... and guess what.....

They both started doing it as a way of earning money after giving up trying to make money from trading because they couldn't do it.

Get the books, log on to the websites, spend a hell of a lot of time watching the markets and dedicate yourself to it 100%. That is the only way to learn and it will take longer than 10 weeks.

A lot of people have a lot of trading knowledge and could very convincingly tell you they are profitable traders but very few of them actually are. That's not to say they can't give you a lot of good advice but the only people worth paying aren't for sale.

Trading is a very personal thing, you have to find a style that suits you and do things your own way and work things out for yourself. If someone gives you advice listen but bear in mind that unless it concerns tightening your risk management or improving your psycology it is most likely to be a lot less helpful than they believe it is.

If you try to do something someone elses way you will likely end up a second best version of them. You need to be the best so you have to find your own way.

Trading is personal, but even the best learn from someone... Basing your opinion on 2 guys who represent an unethical company... suugests you are fairly myopic in your mindset. Sure you can read a book and go the long route... but very few people suceed that way because many lack the dedication and funds to support something sooooo L-O-N-G W-I-N-D-E-D.

SO i say widen your mindset, dare to do something other than what your two guys say... and maybe change your association... will work wonders for your trading
it did for me... I swear by mentorships...live a little Aspire, nothing worng with making your life easier :smart:

Trading is personal, but even the best learn from someone... Basing your opinion on 2 guys who represent an unethical company... suugests you are fairly myopic in your mindset. Sure you can read a book and go the long route... but very few people suceed that way because many lack the dedication and funds to support something sooooo L-O-N-G W-I-N-D-E-D.

SO i say widen your mindset, dare to do something other than what your two guys say... and maybe change your association... will work wonders for your trading
it did for me... I swear by mentorships...live a little Aspire, nothing worng with making your life easier :smart:

For starters, the two guys in question do not "represent an unethical company" they do not even know each other but neither could trade consistently profitably (Just like the vast vast majority of traders) and were happy to find a way to make money from their huge trading knowledge and experience. On the flip side I also know many very profitable traders and all would find the idea of making money teaching trading rather than actually trading absolutely ludicrous.

I wasn't advocating reading a book instead of having someone teach you. I was saying you ned to read a hell of a lot of books and work very hard.. Yes this is L.O.N.G.W.I.N.D.E.D... but THERE ARE NO SHORTCUTS TO BECOMING A CONSISTENTLY PROFITABLE TRADER... IT TAKES A LOT OF HARD WORK AND COMPLETE DEDICATION.

One course will not do it.... Think about it... even the best prop trading firms have 6 month courses including classroom and simulator training and the best support available. The trainees live and breathe the markets all day everyday and even then under 10% of them become consistently profitable and those that do usualy take over a year these days.... Do you really believe a ten week course run by people who would prefer to make their money from the markets if only they could can have you up and running making a fortune just like that?

There are longer and shorter ways of aquiring a lot of the knowledge and ideas of trading but I will say again THERE ARE NO SHORTCUTS TO BECOMING A CONSISTENTLY PROFITABLE TRADER.

I agree that mentoring and support can be enourmously beneficial but you must still do things your own way and any menoring must be from someone you KNOW is consistently profitable ie. you've seen their statements and ridden in the ferrari.. Anyone who is offering mentoring or training for a fee is not as successful as you want to be and their support should be valued as such.

P.s. I'm posting this not for the sake of arguing but because I want to HELP. I want to help new trtaders realise what they must do to get to the stage of trading consistently profitably and I want to help them avoid wasting their money on courses etc that will not help them nearly enough to be worth it.

As long as you agree that Mentoring and support are beneficial, far more than BOOKS. particularly for a new trader. I read alot before trading...it was too much information, i didnt know where to begin... so i looked for something else. Both my personal mentor and the one i found at the Trading Clinic, were trading successfully, I know because I checked their trading statements. ALSO, they trade with me live (using their own money) it is important to have someone put their money where their mouth is. I have been averaging about 2000 a month over the last 3 months... not bad

As long as you agree that Mentoring and support are beneficial, far more than BOOKS. particularly for a new trader. I read alot before trading...it was too much information, i didnt know where to begin... so i looked for something else. Both my personal mentor and the one i found at the Trading Clinic, were trading successfully, I know because I checked their trading statements. ALSO, they trade with me live (using their own money) it is important to have someone put their money where their mouth is. I have been averaging about 2000 a month over the last 3 months... not bad

I think that all traders who are profitable are also serious students of the market. A newbe has to start somwhere, and £2k would not last that long as a trading capital. The question is, what is better for a newbe, to blow it on the market and learn a lesson or to blow it on a crash course and maybe learn a few more lessons? One of them would be to read more. Some time ago I have chosen the option to buy some books and read them (study the better ones) by myself and to trade with a very small lots.
It has worked for me, I am still studying the markets, but I have been able to get a plan of action in certain market conditions on a given timeframe. Regarding this particular course I cannot say anything either good or bad. I would only stress the importance of an attitude of being a commited student of the market/s.
Happy trading to all,
2be

The question is, what is better for a newbe, to blow it on the market and learn a lesson or to blow it on a crash course and maybe learn a few more lessons?

Here are some alternative questions:

1. Do you want to be simply proficient at trading or a master of it? e.g. There is nothing wrong with simply wanting to earn £1,000 a week or even £1,000 a day but these strategies will rarely make you £100 million. It's not as clear cut as newbies think: find a winning strategy and up my size until I am playing at huge stakes. I know because I sit with people that can take £1-2k a day out of the market every single day of their life but because of their style of trading (scalping or extremely short term) cannot make much more due to size / liquidity restrictions. I am not saying something CANNOT be done I am just saying its not as black and white as the new trader thinks.

2. Will you learn more by having someone tell you something is a mistake or actually making it yourself? I would personally say the latter. No matter how much I was told about the risks in the beginning I would still want to find out for myself whether betting X amount could get me richer quicker. Think of the child and the hot stove analogy. Tell a child a stove is hot and will burn and they become fearful but inquisitive. Have a child burn their hand and the pain teaches them a very valuable lesson. I have also find out that no matter how much you tell new traders what not to do - they still seem to do it. It's part of the learning curve. One must learn respect for the market by pushing at it from various angles and then being spanked by it.

Hey guys,

Im back from my holidays... anybody miss me? kidding

Well i just thought id share with you cynics and non cynics that I just picked up 1500 points at £10 a point in the last 2 weeks

now who says mentorship doesnt work, ha!

That's nothing I sold oil at 147 at 20 a point.
But like anyone else I can boast after the event
But honestly I did sell at 20
My good friend spanish advised me.

Congratulations!!!truly a veteran.... I am still new at this...£15,000 is nt bad for me for now... Ill manage it hehe

For Or Against

I see your point Trader Dante,

But I dnt undersand whether you are pro and against training programmes?

Here are some alternative questions:

1. Do you want to be simply proficient at trading or a master of it? e.g. There is nothing wrong with simply wanting to earn £1,000 a week or even £1,000 a day but these strategies will rarely make you £100 million. It's not as clear cut as newbies think: find a winning strategy and up my size until I am playing at huge stakes. I know because I sit with people that can take £1-2k a day out of the market every single day of their life but because of their style of trading (scalping or extremely short term) cannot make much more due to size / liquidity restrictions. I am not saying something CANNOT be done I am just saying its not as black and white as the new trader thinks.

2. Will you learn more by having someone tell you something is a mistake or actually making it yourself? I would personally say the latter. No matter how much I was told about the risks in the beginning I would still want to find out for myself whether betting X amount could get me richer quicker. Think of the child and the hot stove analogy. Tell a child a stove is hot and will burn and they become fearful but inquisitive. Have a child burn their hand and the pain teaches them a very valuable lesson. I have also find out that no matter how much you tell new traders what not to do - they still seem to do it. It's part of the learning curve. One must learn respect for the market by pushing at it from various angles and then being spanked by it.

It's pretty simple....

If you can take money out of the markets for a living you do that. It's a great life!!

If you can't but you have aquired a lot of trading knowledge while trying then you sell courses. It's harder work than trading and the money isn't nearly as good but at least you're earnig something from all those long hours spent learnig and studying how to trade.

That is your opinion Aspire.

Trading all day is boring and sometimes you cant even find a trade or are not in the right frame of mind to trade, if you are confident and like to teach... why wouldnt you want to make some more money, by just sharing what you know????

I mean Duh!!!...THATS A NO BRAINER!:idea::(:(

i have a few people asking me to teach them, but i am one of those who struggle to communicate what i mean.. Tacit knowledge i think its called

I think it is pretty narrow minded of you to assume and SAY OUT LOUd that all teachers havnt been successful traders.(n)

Alot of people on this site are very Myopic in their thinking... such thinking facilitates "Mediocrity" not excellence

P.S Trading is not easy... its a mental work out

It's pretty simple....

If you can take money out of the markets for a living you do that. It's a great life!!

If you can't but you have aquired a lot of trading knowledge while trying then you sell courses. It's harder work than trading and the money isn't nearly as good but at least you're earnig something from all those long hours spent learnig and studying how to trade.

I thought it was. Wasnt cheap but I have made it back several times over
You have to be ready to do some work, as their training is very practice based,
but its very good(y)(y)

hey m8

have u tried the trading-clinic course? cos i was sent a similar email???? is it worth investing????