The Simplest Trading Method In The World

If-You-Find-More-Disgusting-Toilet-Dont-Show-It-Me_500x500.jpg

sadly I didn't take either. And I saw both of them forming....

edit. "both" refers to both bounces off the 3500 area. No force in heaven or he** could keep me from the girl if she was willing.........

Attachments

• 3500.jpg
    3500.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 424
  • 1272444484_10-perfect-body-paintings-ever.jpg
    1272444484_10-perfect-body-paintings-ever.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 43,279
Last edited:
Nice thread guys, i try to trade stocks and the principle of cherry picking trades is definitely a sound one.

I did a summary of my wins and losses and if it weren't for fees i would have been profitable this year so far. Being more selective would have reduced the fees enormously. In my trading journal i find my comment: "should have stayed in longer" on every other page. So the letting winners run thing is also proving an issue too.

There is a guy called Clockwork on FF that has a method very similar to this. Search for "Silent Service" and you'll find it. Sadly no t1ts in that thread though but instead lots of beginners posting their charts with his comments attached so might be useful to some. He will probably try to sell you a course or a membership to his site but he does seem fairly down to earth.

Good work Paz.

Gotta say the man here knows the crack, it's exactly like he says it is out there, any significant number, S/R or pivot point is the best place to enter a trade.

Why? Because it's a lot easier to predict movement from these points if price action begins to bounce off them, an aroon indicator or trix indicator is sometimes usefull for confirming a trend aswell.

Another thing - might sound stupid, but just try it. See what happens if you only take big bars.

Yep, just that. Laugh and ridicule me, then go and see how often a big bar at a good area fails to give you a chance to get to break even at least.

I Agree with this too, in the UK AIM market daily big bars bring in rallies!

I must say I like this approach a lot. It makes sense: if you have been watching charts minute by minute for years, you know the human brain tends to consider round numbers more important than any other number.
Probably more than pivots, previous highs/lows, and other S/R levels, as they require an infinitesimal trading knowledge that not everybody could have.

I also think that any strategy that doesn't require news/fundamentals can be coded and automated. Even if you think it's discretional in some way, it is not. Maybe one follows rules without knowing it. An example is the wrong trade posted by Pazienza, where he realizes it was wrong by himself. Doesn't matter how complicated your thought process is, as long as the strategy is based only on price and its variations, it can be coded. Coding a strategy has two huge advantages: first, you can see if it worked in the past (Yes, I said "worked"); second, if you're smart enough to follow the strategy as it is coded, you will avoid choosing trades that don't respect your rules.

sadly I didn't take either. And I saw both of them forming....

edit. "both" refers to both bounces off the 3500 area. No force in heaven or he** could keep me from the girl if she was willing.........

Did you post a chart? I just noticed the girl :cheesy:

I ought to update this I think. I've taken a few trades this month, but very little of interest so not much to show.

Overall just under break even for the month so far.

haha I'm basically break even this year after dropping 50k on friday...

:eek:

Ah, that I did not do. I am not quite at that point yet.

Friday was disappointing for me as well actually. I bailed on a trade that I wanted to get out of because I didn't like the set up on reflection. It hung around and I closed at just better than break even when the opportunity arose. It went on to move over 1R in the right direction.

So we both had a bad end to the week.

:eek:

Ah, that I did not do. I am not quite at that point yet.

Friday was disappointing for me as well actually. I bailed on a trade that I wanted to get out of because I didn't like the set up on reflection. It hung around and I closed at just better than break even when the opportunity arose. It went on to move over 1R in the right direction.

So we both had a bad end to the week.

haha... you reposnded to it in a mature sensible manner

As for me, I had been having a terrible year anyway (by which I mean since new year)... And then I was (and am) back where I started. So I stormed off from work at 2pm, then... actually, never mind what I did over weekend... it was lulzy but it contravened government guidelines I think... especially if they have them about... how does one say... slags... and that never minding the liver! :D

Still not sure if I'll be back at work tomorrow cause it's a yank holiday and I'm still mental. Never mind.

ULTIMATELY WHAT MATTERS ARE LULZ

As for me, I had been having a terrible year anyway (by which I mean since new year)... And then I was (and am) back where I started. So I stormed off from work at 2pm, then... actually, never mind what I did over weekend... it was lulzy but it contravened government guidelines I think... especially if they have them about... how does one say... slags... and that never minding the liver! :D

Still not sure if I'll be back at work tomorrow cause it's a yank holiday and I'm still mental. Never mind.

Lazy Yank ba$tards. Presidents Day my arris.

There's not much point in me logging in tomorrow (I pretty much follow at ES, NQ, YM and TF only). Still it could be worse. At least the major future markets aren't based in Italy - they have about 10 saint's days a month, the exchanges would never bloody well be open.

Might be good to have another cooling off day in any case?

it may be... I normally get up in five hours and i'm wasting time playing othello on msn lulz

also

I feel I should link to:

Last edited by a moderator:

"And you will have big a loss, and its how fast did you cut your losses when you started to incur those big losses, and then hopefully you didnt have something like a drug addiction or an alcohol addiction, which break traders down" Dr J.

Thats a quote from Floored the movie:

Last edited: