***The Official Euro 2012 Thread***

Czech Rep 1 - 2 Portugal
Germany 3 - 0 Greece
Spain 2 - 0 France
England 1 - 0 Italy

Could be a rough game of tears and tantrums tonight.

Gerries V. Greeks

odds 9/1 on the Bubbles are 'nt too bad.

Could be a rough game of tears and tantrums tonight.

Gerries V. Greeks

odds 9/1 on the Bubbles are 'nt too bad.

I'm thinking Greeks can beat the Germans. Not impossible.

Czech R 1 - 2 Portugal
Germany 2 - 1 Greece
Spain 2 - 1 France
England 1 - 0 Italy

France were pedestrians at best. (n)

2nd half quickened up a little but they play like queens waiting for the ball to seek there right foot out amongts 43 others on the field. Bunch of Cinderellas. :LOL:

Well done Spain (y)

England are just plain poor. At least this tournament there was nothing expected of them.

As for Andy Carroll. I said at the time he left Newcastle that Mike Ashley had pulled off the greatest sale in the history of the game, and nearly every passing match points further to this being the case. What a Carthorse he is. A very expensive Carthorse.

It always ends this way................

Well I still think we played well. Well done to the whole team (y) :clap::clap::clap:

Much better than with Copello.

As much as I like Italy I don't think they are that good.

Germany or Spain I reckon???? Is Portugal still in the competition :cheesy:

England are just plain poor.

As for Andy Carroll. I said at the time he left Newcastle that Mike Ashley had pulled off the greatest sale in the history of the game, and nearly every passing game points further to this being the case. What a Carthorse he is. A very expensive Carthorse.

Really :eek:

I thought he was brilliant at holding up the ball and retrieving it down to Rooney. With our long ball game we need someone just like that imo.

Really :eek:

I thought he was brilliant at holding up the ball and retrieving it down to Rooney. With our long ball game we need someone just like that imo.

He's 6ft 3 and strong. He can get his head to a ball where others can't and out muscle most players.

You could apply the same to me frankly. Doesn't make me much of a footballer.

Maybe he will prove me wrong in the future. So far his scoring record is pish.

Btw. He cost £35m. Just to remind you:eek:

He's 6ft 3 and strong. He can get his head to a ball where others can't and out muscle most players.

You could apply the same to me frankly. Doesn't make me much of a footballer.

Maybe he will prove me wrong in the future. So far his scoring record is pish.

Btw. He cost £35m. Just to remind you:eek:

Maybe - but I felt we should have him and Walcott at the start.

I was disappointed with Rooney. Was expecting more. We need good crosses of the ball who can also dribble. The old Barnes and Waddle spring to mind - or is that just nostalgia??? :)

Maybe - but I felt we should have him and Walcott at the start.

I was disappointed with Rooney. Was expecting more. We need good crosses of the ball who can also dribble. The old Barnes and Waddle spring to mind - or is that just nostalgia??? :)

Agree with that - I thought Carroll was ok. Not sure about Walcott though, he doesn't seem to have a football brain to get himself in the right place - not that he got much of a service.

They all played hard, but in the skill department they seem very lacking by comparison - if they'd won the shoot-out it'd been the biggest heist since the Great Train Robbery.

I would have Couch with his 0.5 gpg England average rather than a unproven Andy Carroll if that is the style of football you want.

Guess he didn't go to Eastern Europe because Stoke isn't glamerous enough, and, he hasn't been transferred for £35 million. Lets face it, to go for that much you have to be awesome right?

Actually, the Italy game is the first time I have watched the so very, very, very dire England in years. I might switch them back on sometime in the 2014 world cup.........maybe.

Last edited:
Watched about 10 minutes.

Usual over-hyped cr*ap

Rooney nearly useless as usual.

Couldn't pass
couldnt dribble
couldn't tackle
couldn't mark
etc.

Not good enough imho

Ok, so we lost. Was worth it imo tho to see this phone jockey miss!. :D

Attachments