The Next US President

I don't think so. From wikipedia:

"Clause 5: Qualifications for office[edit]

Beginning of the clause in the 1787 document
Section 1 of Article Two of the United States Constitution sets forth the eligibility requirements for serving as president of the United States:

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."

But how ridiculous it would be to take up office having been convicted of a crime, knowing that Congress wanted to impeach you once you got there.

Ridiculous no , you just have to play it right . Watch House of cards .

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt1856010/

Trump is putting forward his brand of protectionism against foreign competition. This is highly popular amongst blue collar workers. Especially those whose jobs are on the line. Higher costs in the US makes it uncompetitive. Hence the rust belt where industry once thrived.
Silicon valley may have produced remarkable companies like Apple but they are struggling to keep repeating those successes and many new tech jobs have found homes abroad due to the patenting system where all details are disclosed. China, Japan and others have bought the intellectual rights along with key companies to the high tech industries.
UK politicians are so far behind the curve on this that it is a national loss and disgrace that they just let leading edge companies be asset stripped with impunity. Feeble idiots !

Hillary is much more ahead than Trump. I have just seen this news on the TV channel.

Not really. You can't trust the polls because they are only as accurate as the people taking the poll.

Some polls are inaccurately taken, some journalists are unethical and cherry pick the results they want to broadcast and sometimes, by the time the results are published they have changed.

Trump is actually catching up in a few of the states that will make a difference in whether he wins or loses.

And don't forget....the election is determined by the ones that vote, not by public opinion.:)

Trump is putting forward his brand of protectionism against foreign competition. This is highly popular amongst blue collar workers. Especially those whose jobs are on the line. Higher costs in the US makes it uncompetitive. Hence the rust belt where industry once thrived.
Silicon valley may have produced remarkable companies like Apple but they are struggling to keep repeating those successes and many new tech jobs have found homes abroad due to the patenting system where all details are disclosed. China, Japan and others have bought the intellectual rights along with key companies to the high tech industries.
UK politicians are so far behind the curve on this that it is a national loss and disgrace that they just let leading edge companies be asset stripped with impunity. Feeble idiots !

It's not necessarily protectionism as much as tit for tat.

Russia, China and India want us to raise our standards for industrial pollution and air quality. But they don't want to maintain the same standards and have done very little to improve their current situation.

Maintaining the current status quo or increasing the standards would raise the cost of doing business in the U.S. without increasing them overseas while they already have a financial advantage.

And there are many circumstances where the U.S. charges nominal taxes for importing items only to have the same items prohibited or outrageously taxed from the same trading partner.

There are many examples where we do not have a level playing field.

Not really. You can't trust the polls because they are only as accurate as the people taking the poll.

Some polls are inaccurately taken, some journalists are unethical and cherry pick the results they want to broadcast and sometimes, by the time the results are published they have changed.

Trump is actually catching up in a few of the states that will make a difference in whether he wins or loses.

And don't forget....the election is determined by the ones that vote, not by public opinion.:)
Might be. But I don't know much about this. Just heard the news from TV set and shared with you all.

Mostly inside the US people probably don't really comprehend what others ( and we are the vast majority ) think of the candidates. It won't sway this election much but will influence opinions abroad in future years. I mean will Trump/Clinton say pull out of The Middle East conflicts and leave their past allies to the not so tender mercy of Isis and the Taliban ? That's what they will be worrying about, rather than the jobless figures etc.

Each time I watch a Trump rally or hear an interview with a Trump supporter or listen to some pundit justifying the intolerable, the vitriol and lying overwhelms and sickens me. Trump has opened the door for massive multitudes to express something devastating and spiteful in America, a door that I do not know how to close, a space I do not know how to deal with psychologically and simply cannot abide. And yet, I continue to addictively soak up this loathing and rage, perhaps because I wish to punish myself for having worked so hard to blindly disregard what has been staring at me from the abyss: Maybe this is the true face, the deep face, the permanent dreadful face of America, the irrevocable part of America that has always been there and that I can no longer delude myself will ever, not now and not tomorrow, be redeemed.

I fear that this rift in the beloved community, even if, as seems likely, Hillary Clinton wins, can never be healed; I fear that I will no longer be able to console my split identity with the hope I have clung to, since childhood, that the America of the people, by the people, for the people, does not deserve to perish from the earth.

Perhaps disturbed is the wrong word for what I and so many of my compatriots are feeling.

Perhaps the right word is grief.

--Ariel Dorfman

Each time I watch a Trump rally or hear an interview with a Trump supporter or listen to some pundit justifying the intolerable, the vitriol and lying overwhelms and sickens me. Trump has opened the door for massive multitudes to express something devastating and spiteful in America, a door that I do not know how to close, a space I do not know how to deal with psychologically and simply cannot abide. And yet, I continue to addictively soak up this loathing and rage, perhaps because I wish to punish myself for having worked so hard to blindly disregard what has been staring at me from the abyss: Maybe this is the true face, the deep face, the permanent dreadful face of America, the irrevocable part of America that has always been there and that I can no longer delude myself will ever, not now and not tomorrow, be redeemed.

I fear that this rift in the beloved community, even if, as seems likely, Hillary Clinton wins, can never be healed; I fear that I will no longer be able to console my split identity with the hope I have clung to, since childhood, that the America of the people, by the people, for the people, does not deserve to perish from the earth.

Perhaps disturbed is the wrong word for what I and so many of my compatriots are feeling.

--Ariel Dorfman

You are pining for some sort of golden age long gone. The stakes have been upped by tech and know how. Keep up or perish is my advice. That big gap between us and them has been whittled down to a slim lead. By semi competent people thinking of their next conquest, golf score or whatever.

You are pining for some sort of golden age long gone. The stakes have been upped by tech and know how. Keep up or perish is my advice. That big gap between us and them has been whittled down to a slim lead. By semi competent people thinking of their next conquest, golf score or whatever.

What does any of this have to do with what I posted?

--Ariel Dorfman

This goes to the root of the problem.

When the state, the politicians and vested interest groups take over and the people lose power and control, then this is exactly what you can expect. A backlash of such magnitude, that it becomes a game changer.

Trump, however detestable, has tapped into this discontent. The genie is out of the bottle and it won't be going back in.

This goes to the root of the problem.

When the state, the politicians and vested interest groups take over and the people lose power and control, then this is exactly what you can expect. A backlash of such magnitude, that it becomes a game changer.

Trump, however detestable, has tapped into this discontent. The genie is out of the bottle and it won't be going back in.

I wouldn't say it was the root of the problem. When a large portion of one's countrymen prove to be themselves detestable, the problem resides in that portion of the population.

I wouldn't say it was the root of the problem. When a large portion of one's countrymen prove to be themselves detestable, the problem resides in that portion of the population.

OK, so who are they and how are they detestable?

I expect it will be a very long list:LOL:

The news about Hillary is definitely good for my positions. Was a bit of risk off sentiment on Friday but market open as almost reversed all of it.

The news about Hillary is definitely good for my positions. Was a bit of risk off sentiment on Friday but market open as almost reversed all of it.

Bookies' odds have widened to 1.20 Clinton, 4.33 Trump - widest I've seen yet.

A done deal?

Just before I was woken up this morning, apparently I was mumbling words to the sound of 'Ohhh nooooo. No no no'.

I was dreaming about the US elections and I had heard that Trump had won.

Just wondering what bets I should place to make some pips out of a Trump win? Any tips graciously welcomed (y)