The Next US President

Errmmm... solar panels??? :whistling

Thought you were referring to nuclear, gas and coal....We need to build and invest in our own nuclear power stations, not have them owned by French and Chinese...maybe then we can produce cheap electric and get back our steel industry, not line the pockets of foreign shareholders....

Thought you were referring to nuclear, gas and coal....We need to build and invest in our own nuclear power stations, not have them owned by French and Chinese...maybe then we can produce cheap electric and get back our steel industry, not line the pockets of foreign shareholders....

By the time we got it back, if we ever did, it would be even more automated.

That ship has sailed, as has coal.

I wasn't meaning as job creation DB, although that would be a added bonus. More of building and owning our own power stations....The new one that's just been signed off by the government gives the right for French and Chinese to rip us off for the foreseeable future with over inflated prices..

That new French nuclear plant is as I understand it having technical problems and costs are soaring.
I don't know why the Govt. won't at least take a serious look at tidal power in the Severn Estuary. The tech is available and not too expensive. Also there is no waste problem. One barrage across the Estuary could power up 1/3 rd of the country for ever. Is it the politicians are being bribed by nuclear ?

That new French nuclear plant is as I understand it having technical problems and costs are soaring.
I don't know why the Govt. won't at least take a serious look at tidal power in the Severn Estuary. The tech is available and not too expensive. Also there is no waste problem. One barrage across the Estuary could power up 1/3 rd of the country for ever. Is it the politicians are being bribed by nuclear ?

What about the fish, they have feelings too.

Agree strongly with you here. However, I don't believe they have the will power to do so.

I feel that there is no appetite for the UK to build anything. No bikes, cars, trains or even watches. Still hold Thatcher responsible as she ripped the nuts and bolts out of anything we could possibly do.

Even green energies and green building is staunted by old land rights and something I campaign against permitted developments pursuing vested interests of land owners.

Mentioned before, even HS2 build will require 10,000 engineers on top of 90,000 employed in rail industry. Training them likely to take years.

As it happens it seems Osborn has now discovered some grey cells and embark on rebuilding the Northern Powerhouse. We live in hope and dream. (y)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-36857576

_85539411_rgb.jpg

Well, that's the price you pay, Brightonians :)
Maybe you should all decamp to your natural home, Greenland :)

What about the fish, they have feelings too.

Could promise them a free adrenalin rush going through the turbines ?
Next you will say the water molluscs have been in touch with you. Are you conversing with them too ?

:)

80% of our GDP is low energy services, 20% high energy manufacturing, so it's interesting that many who want a lower energy usage also bemoan our shrinking heavy industry :)

Ooops, I forgot.
No trees to hug there.

Mr Charts you are increasingly becoming difficult in your twighlight years :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I reckon that BBC reporter must have asked 1000+1 persons for their views and probably found an old humbug, much like your self for their views and then grasped it like no tomorrow to deliver that news gem.

I would have thought protecting sea-gulls might carry more weight but most people who live by the sea will no doubt be pleased about culling some of their numbers. I always wonder what sea-gul pastry might taste like. :cheesy:

Mr Charts you are increasingly becoming difficult in your twighlight years :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I reckon that BBC reporter must have asked 1000+1 persons for their views and probably found an old humbug, much like your self for their views and then grasped it like no tomorrow to deliver that news gem.

I would have thought protecting sea-gulls might carry more weight but most people who live by the sea will no doubt be pleased about culling some of their numbers. I always wonder what sea-gul pastry might taste like. :cheesy:

ha ha

You are such a tree hugger you even put a "twig" in twilight :rolleyes:

Another hour of trading and I'm off for a couple of Cuba Libres to celebrate the demise of your murdering monster friend :)

"Tell me again why we need all this immigration?"

Who else is going to work in our health service?
Pick our crops?
Care for our elderly?
Serve me my meals in restaurants?
Pay taxes our native layabouts live on?
Culturally broaden our horizons?

Pick our crops?
Care for our elderly?

Blimey that's scary Mr Charts you almost said the same thing as I.

You may just be my long lost twin separated at birth :cheesy:

Pick our crops?
Care for our elderly?

Absolutely. It would appear that the Republican base in the US is not the only one that is exceptionally dim.

"Right To Work" is another example.

Coz those homeless gits only pick their bums not the fruit you buy in Waitrose.

Keep up old boy. Plant a tree and feel young again. ;)

Those homeless gits who's jobs have been burgled you mean?

Perhaps you would like to offer them your spare room?

Sturgeon
Geldof
Cooper
Thompson

These other luvvies offered to house refugees, could they not take in some homeless while they are at it !

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/03/listen-yvette-cooper-taken-to-task-over-her-refugee-pledge/

Actually, they didn't house anyone. It was all just talk !

Last edited: