The Next US President

China, however, is totalitarian. The US is a republic. The former is more likely to go "full throttle".

Ok I now see what you mean.

However, with tech-know-how US can easily lead and pull away from dependence on oil, which should see it re-appraise it's ME foreign policy too.

The future is not orange. It is either green or horrible dirty grey smoggy kinda colour :(

The US has the tech knowhow. Had it for years. But the oil & gas & coal interests couldn't care less about clean energy. To the contrary, they want to do away with what regulations are currently on the books. And even with those regulations, they'll do whatever they can to get around them, e.g., Exxon and BP.

Solar power has been around for 150 years, but there's no money in it. And oligarchs are all about money. If someone can monetize saving the planet, then progress might be made.

The Limited on Sunday shut down all 250 of its stores and laid off 4,000 workers.

Macy's is shutting down 68 stores. The company says nearly 4,000 employees will be affected by the closures.

Hmmm

The Limited on Sunday shut down all 250 of its stores and laid off 4,000 workers.

Macy's is shutting down 68 stores. The company says nearly 4,000 employees will be affected by the closures.

Hmmm

And all this was in the works way before the pre-Trump presidency. Hmmm.
:whistling

Kellyanne Conway Says Donald Trump Shouldn’t Be Held Accountable For The Things He Says.

This pretty much says it all.

One day we may look back and thank Hitler for some of the things he's done to wake us up . . .

--This Above All

Unemployment is set to rise and rise in the next few years because of AI taking over jobs like driving, most of the Military, office jobs, factory lines etc.
Trump has made extravagant promises that he has no hope of delivering. It was just to get elected. He should be held to his promises.

Trump has made extravagant promises that he has no hope of delivering. It was just to get elected. He should be held to his promises.

Why pick on Trump for that one? I thought it was endemic amongst all politicians!

"The Kremlin does not engage in gathering compromising materials."

--Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov

They have to be kidding . . .

When the lying politicians come up short they are quick to blame others.
What bothers me is that if they tell the truth they have little hope of being elected. Happens in 3rd world countries all the time. We expect a bit more honesty in 1st world countries.

Placing a positive spin on your message is one thing, making up falsehoods out of whole cloth is another.

And so should they all be expected to stick to their promises, not only in the US but everywhere.

Experience tells me not to listen to their promises but find out what they actually believe in and what they've been doing in the past: that's the best guide to the future.

When the lying politicians come up short they are quick to blame others.
What bothers me is that if they tell the truth they have little hope of being elected. Happens in 3rd world countries all the time. We expect a bit more honesty in 1st world countries.

As an electorate we are sometimes not over-bright, we thus get the politicians we deserve. People never have liked the truth – it's a very common trait. Don't we see it all the time in trading when the price (the truth) is not what we want to hear and we vote for an alternative (letting it run) which lets us down?

If Trump is guilty of cavorting with prostitutes in Russia he should fess up and admit it. If he continues to deny it and is lying then the Russians have got such a hold over him he is The Manchurian candidate in the White House which is much more serious.
Either way Putin and cronies must be having a big laugh at the US's expense.

Who do you believe Trump or the CIA/FBI ?