The Mycroft Algoman Thread

Is that Walter or Mycroft replying :LOL::LOL:

I refer you to my previous observations.

There are too many shills on here, too ready to support the boards and drag down anyone who points out a stark truth.

Reality check:- The boards are not in existence to give any of you/us an even break, they will use any and every wrinkle that modern maths can give them.

If you (or anyone for that matter) attempts to decry, through silliness what I am writing here then the question has to be asked "Why?"

If you say "I'm wrong!" then explain yourself, explain why, despite there being row upon row of Algo-boxes in both the UK and US doing exactly what I am saying, you believe that it is not happening.

The industry admits it is happening and it is beginning to worry many who can see where this will inevitably lead.

So... quit the infantile giggly little girl act, ante-up and explain why you believe that the most lucrative industry in the world with the biggest resources spends almost all its investment money on this technology.

I don't even want proofs, just a good substantial (even vaguely plausible) explanation of why what I am telling isn't happening.

I'm happy to read... :)

I refer you to my previous observations.

There are too many shills on here, too ready to support the boards and drag down anyone who points out a stark truth.

Reality check:- The boards are not in existence to give any of you/us an even break, they will use any and every wrinkle that modern maths can give them.

If you (or anyone for that matter) attempts to decry, through silliness what I am writing here then the question has to be asked "Why?"

If you say "I'm wrong!" then explain yourself, explain why, despite there being row upon row of Algo-boxes in both the UK and US doing exactly what I am saying, you believe that it is not happening.

The industry admits it is happening and it is beginning to worry many who can see where this will inevitably lead.

So... quit the infantile giggly little girl act, ante-up and explain why you believe that the most lucrative industry in the world with the biggest resources spends almost all its investment money on this technology.

I don't even want proofs, just a good substantial (even vaguely plausible) explanation of why what I am telling isn't happening.

I'm happy to read... :)

gr8 lulz+

Teflon142.. nope, just me. Only ever been on here under this nic, no other(s).

Paranoia really does stalk this forum, it's just me, get over it.

If that's true, you're the best thing since...

Tempting as it is, I don't want to be rude to you, so please, if you have something constructive to add to the subject of this thread then bang away slippery one, I can't see any value in your posts to date... attack the proposition, not the man.

(y)

Tempting as it is, I don't want to be rude to you, so please, if you have something constructive to add to the subject of this thread then bang away slippery one, I can't see any value in your posts to date... attack the proposition, not the man.

(y)

Like when you salute the Commision, not the Man?

Paranoia really does stalk this forum, it's just me, get over it.

You should have put a full stop after "it's just me". It reads much better:

Paranoia really does stalk this forum, it's just me. Get over it.

See?

Great, thanks...

Now... perhaps something of value to the thread???

In your own time.

Explain what you mean by answering this:-

"...attack the proposition, not the man." (me)

With this:-

"Like when you salute the Commision, not the Man?" (you)

I think Mycroft and Purple are multinics.
I'd be delighted to entertain the possibility of harbouring a personality so diametrically opposed to the one I think I am and in such secrecy that I was completely unaware of it on the conscious level. But if you're right and I am he, then Purple says "Hi".

I had an account at IG Index and Capital Spreads... both were dormant for about 4 months. Just last week I thought I'd have a go at IG Index again so I topped up my account by a couple hundred and placed a bet.

The SAME DAY, I get a call from Capital Spreads (whom I hadn't heard from since I'd opened my accounts months before) from an "account manager" trying to persuade me to deposit "just £300 to £1000" in order to receive "personal trading advice".

I imagine like any slightly shady business they are likely to share "sucker lists" and "red flag" lists amongst themselves...

Anybody have any experience with that?
Having had some quite off-topic fun on this thread I thought I'd pay my dues and do some research to answer your query.

Apart from the obvious commercial disincentive for the SBs to share client data given the amount they spend on trying to attract you to their client base in the first place there is absolutely no evidence anywhere that I have found of any collusion between them of this nature. If it it were common, which it would have to be if lists were being shared on a wholesale basis, queries such as yours would crop up all over the place and they don't.

There was a 'dog-food theory' bandied around years ago where you could apparently gain greater share of the market by offering two quite separately branded dog foods (but from the same corporate group) rather than introduce a new line within an existing brand.While there may be some mileage in this as SB clients are likely en masse to be about as discerning as pet food shoppers, you'd have to ask yourself: "Why would I care?". If IG and Capital were in cahoots and were in fact the same group, or even if they weren't, and one offered you a better deal to 'jump ship' - a better deal is a better deal. Why would you possibly care?

Your experience points to nothing other than pure coincidence.The true nature of randomness suggests we should experience such coincidences, but it's interesting that they take on a significance far greater than the inverse of their probability when they do occur i.e. 1/1,000 feels like a 1/1,000,000.

Apart from the obvious commercial disincentive for the SBs to share client data given the amount they spend on trying to attract you to their client base in the first place there is absolutely no evidence anywhere that I have found of any collusion between them of this nature. If it it were common, which it would have to be if lists were being shared on a wholesale basis, queries such as yours would crop up all over the place and they don't.

The above is an example of 'Ignorant Logic' (sorry mate, but that's the truth) let me explain why... look up "Ignoratio elenchi"

The first and most important 'fail' is that the explanation given by PB has no correlation to the actual circumstances!

The guy is ALREADY on both Boards for christs sake!

The amount spent on adverts in the past... isn't in the f*ing picture now, he is on both boards!

So... PB having fallen so disastrously at the first hurdle (whoops!) anyone reading your 'clap-trap' (that's being massively polite btw!) must do so with caution.

Try again.