The fight for Mosul

We agree on this, but religious laws are used to persuade the footsoldiers. And the sole object of an islamic state is to safeguard the country for the populace to adhere to islamic teachings.

I agree with you.

But we need to understand that trough religion they can control them. Religion for the powerful in the region is only a tool. With religion they can make them numb.

Once they grow individually they will realize religion is only dope to keep them quite.

We as westerner should leave them alone without interfering once supporting one side then the other depending on what is convenient to us commercially.

If we do that the people will find their way against the local tyranny and they will not be subdue by any religious BS.

Everyone and everything needs updating and up grading periodically imho.
To say that a science or ideas have reached an unsurpassable pinnacle is clearly ridiculous. But if people insist on living with outmoded ideas that is their privilege. Not all new stuff is for the better but some is. The prophets showed the way as they currently saw it back hundreds of years ago. On that as a step not an immutable basis, things should progress imho.

The fight for oil == The fight for Mosul == The fight for money == The fight for influence == The fight for power == The fight for entitlement == The fight for quality of life == The fight for peace :-0 ... erm hang-on a minute :rolleyes: == Is that an oxymoron :eek: == pooh bear it's gone horribly wrong == fight for the red pill == fight for the blue pill == just keep fighting == fight'm all == get the oil!!! Game over!

Everyone and everything needs updating and up grading periodically imho.
To say that a science or ideas have reached an unsurpassable pinnacle is clearly ridiculous. But if people insist on living with outmoded ideas that is their privilege. Not all new stuff is for the better but some is. The prophets showed the way as they currently saw it back hundreds of years ago. On that as a step not an immutable basis, things should progress imho.

The prophets are,still, with us, Pat, but, instead of writing on stone slabs, they are using cellphones. It's me, who won't have one, so how can I keep in touch?

Isn't it time that tech was brought into play more ? Flying drones equipped with cameras and machine guns could stop most movement by the terrorists. Mini unmanned tanks could secure the area around the besieged city. These days there is little need to shed friendly blood on isolated battlefields like Mosul.
The new hydrogen powered mini drones have flying times in excess of 2 hours.

Most of these places are testing grounds for all sorts of experimental stuff. Drones are an example.

Well finally Isil have been defeated in Mosul. It has been quite a battle.
So a BIG well done to the forces of sanity and reasonableness.

May the lunatic forces of darkness never return.

:clap:

Well finally Isil have been defeated in Mosul. It has been quite a battle.
So a BIG well done to the forces of sanity and reasonableness.

May the lunatic forces of darkness never return.

:clap:

This is a trading forum ,take your whores else where and fight else where.

This is The Foyer. Its is intended for "Off-topic chat about anything non-trading related". The post is in entirely the right place, whether you agree with the content or disagree.

If you disagree, comment why if you wish.

I feel I ought to point out to fl that what happens in the ME is important enough to the developed countries to take a big interest in.
And why ? These populist religions can spread like wild fire and unless contained take over/destroy businesses far and wide. As well of course offer business opportunities to the weapons manufacturers.

No. You're pip. pete is wackypete2. I am tomorton. I live in the sand at the Isle of Man.

Curiouser and curiouser.

None of you are who I thought you were....but I spose looks can be deceptive. Now I'm beginning to wonder about myself. And what's this about living in the sand? Are you an ostrich?