The Diary Of Not Even Semi-Serious DAX30 DayTader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Direction today is 50/50, you can't get a read on these markets based on today's action.

My sell order is still pending, and the only reason why it sits there is becasue I believe there is a 15 minute head and shoulders and my bias has slightly tipped to the downside, though not by much!

Said it yesterday, will say it again today. The American markets are mental and dangerous.

May just start trading the European mornings only from now on using a few scalping strategies as well as the current strata.

Anyway folks, you have a good weekend and good luck with the rest of your trading day. I'm going to call it a day/week and shuffle along with this weeks profit.

I have cancelled my short order and I'm flat and finished.

Said it yesterday, will say it again today. The American markets are mental and dangerous.

May just start trading the European mornings only from now on using a few scalping strategies as well as the current strata.

Anyway folks, you have a good weekend and good luck with the rest of your trading day. I'm going to call it a day/week and shuffle along with this weeks profit.

I have cancelled my short order and I'm flat and finished.

Hi Nick,

Fantastic thread, and may I congratulate you on a profitable week. Keep up the good work, and the posting, as it is turning into a fascinating read.

Best
John

3 day ban for constant trash talk

Without this diversion Alcoman will be able to make huge profits trading over the weekend (closed markets are surely no obstacle to a person of his talent), while teaching advanced maths, inventing new words, etc.

Between now and 7pm I don't think that it is worth trying to trade anything.. Maybe, afterwards, until the close. there might be a worthwhile opportunity but, if there is a good film on telly, I'll pass.

Amazing, isn't it? I say "Don't trade" and go out for some shopping, to find the Americans up 15 points when I come back!

Posted this on another thread, but will post is here as well -

Just a relentless market was the DJIA....

My pattern recognition analysis managed to capture the bottom on the DJIA 14726 as well as the 14967, 15080/100 targets and then the final 15222 target.

But the problem was, the DJIA showed no mercy, there was not one offering on any of the projected retracements, either the 61.8% from target 1, or the 50% retracement from the extension target.

No doubt this market is a powerful one and a highly profitable one if you are brave enough (not for me), though buying at 14957 after the rally, or indeed buying at 15080/100 after the extension rally is not exactly excellent trading, lets face it, you are attempting to buy highs.

I would have expected at least some sort of retracement, but as ever, this market decided to rally 500+ points effortlessly.

Crazy stuff, profitable stuff if you can get it, but dangerous if you get it wrong.

Next time I post one of these, you may just want to buy and hold at the expected low

Attachments

• ddjj.png
    ddjj.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 213
  • a123.png
    a123.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 199
The Dow bounced exactly at the Daily 200EMA and also at another major daily support line
so not really surprising (in hindsight)
although it does nt always bounce so well off the D200 - possibly 50% of the time,
but ok for a gamblers long

the real support is still further below (imo) as its a Wkly and Monthly downtrend
so should keep the market happy until the Christmas rally

You might at least expect a bit of a scramble to get out before the weekend. 50pts down from here would do fine:)

I was out for a while earlier, had 4 beers and 5 JD's, back at home now with a beer in my hand.

Having my trading account open after a drink and looking at the DJIA not advised.

All of a sudden I have the stones to challenge the DOW

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
I was out for a while earlier, had 4 beers and 5 JD's, back at home now with a beer in my hand.

Having my trading account open after a drink and looking at the DJIA not advised.

No, but it eases the pain a bit. I went short about 15pt higher. Was looking Ok until a few mins ago, but closed part, so not quite an embarrassing failure yet.:)

No, but it eases the pain a bit. I went short about 15pt higher. Was looking Ok until a few mins ago, but closed part, so not quite an embarrassing failure yet.:)

1 hour doji right at the 15222 target of the pattern I posted.

Attachments

• chart.png
    chart.png
    97.8 KB · Views: 201
Going to spend the weekend going through the past 2 years trading statements and determining if most of my profits come from the European morning, and what my results are between the Euro morning and the U.S afternoon.

If the results are overwhelming to the European morning, then I will likely just focus on that and dump the U.S (afternoon trading).

I shall see what I come up with on the research.

Keep up the hard work, I always enjoy reading your posts. Very informative and your projections on the DJIA surprised me, you was spot on and thats rare to see.

Thanks, hope you have time to enjoy your weekend inbetween doing your reasearch.

Keep up the hard work, I always enjoy reading your posts. Very informative and your projections on the DJIA surprised me, you was spot on and thats rare to see.

Thanks, hope you have time to enjoy your weekend inbetween doing your reasearch.

Cheers mate.

I only map out the DJIA and EUROSTOXX for DAX direction and/or possible direction. Also I don't hold positions overnight (well rare) so I don't want people thinking I traded the DJIA projections, as I say they were only to help with my DAX trading on an intraday basis.

Bloody hell!

Is my thread really that interesting?

I thought it was pretty bland to be honest, just a bloke posting his thoughts on the DAX and his trades.

Attachments

• asd.png
    asd.png
    27 KB · Views: 214

All of a sudden I have the stones to challenge the DOW

Well I knew I wouldn't be able to resist the temptation after a drink.

That's me totally finished trading for the week, little weekend money to add to my tab.

Attachments

• photo-24.JPG
    photo-24.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 178
  • photo-25.JPG
    photo-25.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 198
Well I knew I wouldn't be able to resist the temptation after a drink.

That's me totally finished trading for the week, little weekend money to add to my tab.

Good one to finish. Looks like you'll be having a fun weekend with those statements :)

Probably the wrong time to ask, but do you look at EU when trading DAX/YM?

Status
Not open for further replies.