The Diary Of Not Even Semi-Serious DAX30 DayTader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a video from a TV documentary 'Wall Street Warriors' about a female trader who specilises in and only trades one market...the German Schatz.

Like me, she found her niche, she learn't the market she trades, she still does continue to learn about it.

She's not trying to trade multiple markets, shes not even interested in other markets. She spent her time understanding the workings of the schatz and has now become one of the worlds biggest individual schatz traders in terms of volume.

Hi Dax,

I watched the Wall street warriors series and not many of them came out of it well, come to think of it none of them that I know of.
Some were outed as actors, one is now in jail, and Shanaz left trading to join Fox Business news but no longer works there. I wonder why she left a successful trading career, and what does she do now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Dax,

I watched the Wall street warriors series and not many of them came out of it well, come to think of it none of them that I know of.
Some were outed as actors, one is now in jail, and Shanaz left trading to join Fox Business news but no longer works there. I wonder why she left a successful trading career, and what does she do now?

I guess she's living somewhere very nice since she's apparently made $100 million trading the Schatz according to some online sources. I know if I had made 10 mill never mind about 100 mill I would have left it all behind to.

But I can only go with what's been reported, so no idea for sure.

Levels I have -

Support -
8650/60, 8607, 8560/67, 8544, 8505/15, 8475, 8450/60, 8429

Resistance - 8685/700, 8730, 8765/67, 8800, 8830

ok ( get the hint --mind your own flicking business bp (lol) so you toss your balls around every morning (just kidding)

nick (see the train passengers (members ) are jumping on board today ----- hope they are heading north soon

nick as a side note are you trying to make the passengers jump out train with your choice of music on other thread

DAX: My Long Term View - 1-3 months

Past week DAX had a minor dip and found support at the 8500 level, this was not a surprise as there was a gap to fill down here around 8510 which has now been closed. I still favor the DAX to reach 9,000 within the next 1-2 months and then onto 9,500 thereafter within 4-6 months, but 8800 will need to be cleared first which should allow a fast push for the 9,000, this should hold as a strong resistance initially when reached.

I'm not the worlds biggest fan of 'fundamentals' and I tend not to use them, but I try to think of what other investors will be doing to help with my analysis, and I believe that the DAX will be one of the favorite markets for investors as its currently being seen as a safe economy. There is a lot of big bucks coming into peripheral Europe and many of those bucks will be invested into the DAX becasue of its blue-chip status.

This also adds weight to my technical theory that we will hit 9,000 in the near future. Germany is a far more stable and reliable economy to that of its surrounding markets and over seas markets.

I can see no sign of major weakness on the DAX and no sustainable reasons why the DAX should sell-off. Therefore I view any retracments or minor sell-offs as buying opportunities for investors.

As an intraday trader myself rather than a long term investor, my best trades will likely come from trading with the trend rather than against it, so I will also be adopting the buy the dip attitude on an intraday basis.

Going forward - Pullbacks that can hold above 8620 as the cut-off point in the near term should be used as buying opportunities.

I will provide my 'daily' support and resistance on Monday.

First blood - buy the bloody dips ;)

Bought 8694 on anticipation of break above 700, closed half position at 8712.3 for £137 profit, got the stop loss at entry to secure that profit.

Looking for 8730 to 40 for the next half, but I may close another part of the trade around the 8720ish level if seen.

Attachments

• photo-21.JPG
    photo-21.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 156
  • photo-22.JPG
    photo-22.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 168
First blood - buy the bloody dips ;)

Bought 8694 on anticipation of break above 700, closed half position at 8712.3 for £137 profit, got the stop loss at entry to secure that profit.

Looking for 8730 to 40 for the next half, but I may close another part of the trade around the 8720ish level if seen.

I guess you could call it a bullish engulfing almost on the 15m chart.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 205
Ahh, took the rest off at 8705 for £82 profit.

Total profit from the trade £219.

Still looks to be some more upside, but I will take the profit.

Off for some breakfast.

Attachments

• photo-23.JPG
    photo-23.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 159
Doesn't look like I missed much anyway, typical Monday blues.

Anyway, its apparently a bank holiday in the US today, so I'm calling it a day and going back for another snooze, still feeling a bit tired and don't expect much to happen. If I miss something, then so be it.

Today's tally £219

Japan, Canada and the US all have holidays today. And there are no scheduled data releases past 10:00 BST today. If it hadn't been for a little action on the Kiwi earlier this morning I would have sworn my datafeed was dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.