The Daily Index Trader

Just found this forum having read comments on MMR site. I believe that the intention is to go private with the DIT... can I be added to this when it occurs please? I have just started with the DIT system this week... 1 win, 2 losses and haven't traded today as NFP news due. Slightly concerned as I was a quite lengthy user of the Mark Rose SureFire/5MinFTSE system which was hopeless... despite the marketing of excellent results beforehand?

Hi Mav,

Yes, if you read my post from earlier this morning I raised the same question regarding the link between 'Mark Rose' and 'Martin Carter' and questioned if they were indeed one in the same. I'd be intereted to know. I'm simply interested to know if a change in pen name was supposed to create more interested customers. My guess is an offering from 'Mark Rose' might have been less well received given the performace of the systems which have been previously mentioned.

Personally I lose interest very quickly the moment that I feel that the marketing of a product is becoming more important than the performance of the product itself.

Steve.

hi Steve long time no speak..i hope you are well..Ive been following this thread as like the concept thread everyone got despondent when things turned against them especially when a lot of people joined when a loosing period struck. I still use concept but today i went against their trades as i now use my own price action system (sorry Dantes)as well as a couple of other systems.

I probably wont use DTI but will say that any newbies should really paper trade..i wished i had but!!! i suppose the only real way your going to learn is to loose your bank, and in this game its very quickl, if you havnt a set system you stick too.....set ur TP and SL and if you lose £50 or £500 it was the risk you were prepared to take.

happy Hunting

Hi Chronicsys,

Don't know whether I would say we should definitely trade on NF days, but we DEFINITELY shouldn't have a 'naked', (just a long or a short), position open at 1.30. Every pro trader I have ever listened to says this sort of thing!

hi Steve long time no speak..i hope you are well..Ive been following this thread as like the concept thread everyone got despondent when things turned against them especially when a lot of people joined when a loosing period struck. I still use concept but today i went against their trades as i now use my own price action system (sorry Dantes)as well as a couple of other systems.

I probably wont use DTI but will say that any newbies should really paper trade..i wished i had but!!! i suppose the only real way your going to learn is to loose your bank, and in this game its very quickl, if you havnt a set system you stick too.....set ur TP and SL and if you lose £50 or £500 it was the risk you were prepared to take.

happy Hunting

Hi Andy,

All good here thanks. Hope all is well with you?

Yes, I'm still trading Concept and it ticks away in the background. It still seems to give regular profits so long as you take a longer term view. The system is currently on a nice little run (starting at the beginning of May). I'm in phase two of my business plan now so I'm actually enjoying drawing out some hard earned profits!

...Now where are the keys for the 911??

Steve.

Just found this forum having read comments on MMR site. I believe that the intention is to go private with the DIT... can I be added to this when it occurs please? I have just started with the DIT system this week... 1 win, 2 losses and haven't traded today as NFP news due. Slightly concerned as I was a quite lengthy user of the Mark Rose SureFire/5MinFTSE system which was hopeless... despite the marketing of excellent results beforehand?

I've made a note of your interest in the forum Mav.

Good luck(y)

I've made a note of your interest in the forum Mav.

Good luck(y)

Thanks Steve

I've noted several comments re "0.00" in the Evaluator this morning... I thought the following bullish comments from "Martin" on this matter and this weeks trading results, off the DIT website might interest people...

Dear Fellow Traders

A quick word about this morning’s trade … Some of you will have been given a “0” stake trade by the Evaluator. This isn’t a mistake – if you’ve traded the last two Fridays using the Enhanced Profits plan, the staking plan will have cut your stakes to protect funds from a losing trend.

Keep updating the Evaluator (including with today’s figures) and the stakes will increase as the trend turns around. (You can find any trading figures you need to update your Evaluator at the members area of the website – I will always place every trade to ensure that I have a complete track record.)

All in all, we’ve had a disappointing week for our Daily Index Trades.

At the time of placing some of our trades, the correlation of the Cac and Dax indices has been out of alignment, knocking our trades out on a number of occasions.

This kind of deviation will happen from time to time in any two closely matched pairs. However, just a quick look through the historical charts for these two indices shows just how strongly linked they are, and how rock steady this pairing is over the medium and long term.

Over the past year, my success rate on Daily Index Trades has been 75% – and this level is maintained looking over the past three months.

Of course, this doesn’t take away from the frustrations of a losing week – especially if you’ve just started using Daily Index Trader and have yet to enjoy the benefits of its profits. Unfortunately, these are the ups and downs of trading – and we have to look at 3-month, 6-month, 9-month and 12-month results to see a more acurate picture.

Here’s to seeing our indices whip back into action for us in the coming days …

The problem is that the systems current weak performance isn't purely down to lack of correlation! Don't become overly fixated on that point. The system is far more relient on 'trend continuation' once the 9.15am trades have been placed and the weaker trade has been stopped out. Put simply; not all days trend consistantly. Some days are range consolidation days. You can get several weeks with more days like that than not.

I still don't get this business with analysing each day of the week - the markets are not that predicable.

anyone notice gekko ground to a halt at 1.30?? unbelievable...

Yep, happened to me too. Looking at the chart, at that time DAX briefly dropped like a stone and knocked me out. Then just as quickly went on to hit the profit target, very annoying.

Yep- froze completely! Fortunately I'd made a bit when it came back on but I was trying to move my limit order on the CAC......

Another losing day for me! 1 pip away from profit on CAC then massive uptrend to hit stop loss!

The problem is that the systems current weak performance isn't purely down to lack of correlation! Don't become overly fixated on that point. The system is far more relient on 'trend continuation' once the 9.15am trades have been placed and the weaker trade has been stopped out. Put simply; not all days trend consistantly. Some days are range consolidation days. You can get several weeks with more days like that than not.

I still don't get this business with analysing each day of the week - the markets are not that predicable.

yep I concur with all this, which is why I think this system just doesn't make sense. It basically uses all nice sounding words for features like "Enhanced profit setting", but for an experienced trader looking at what it seems to actually do (although being honest we don't know exactly) it just doesn't make good trading sense...
however he does say on his website it's "unfashionable" stuff... so who are we to say...?

Not trying to be clever or anything, but this is exactly why the pro traders, (certainly not including me by the way!), say not to trade NF days. I tried a very small DAX/CAC trade at 1.25 and ended up making 1 pip by the time Gekko's platform came back on- so I waited around to make 50p! I should have taken my own advice, shut the computer down and called it a long weekend!

Yeah, but I hope you at least had a nice time with the seals!

:LOL: Yes thanks.

It seems that all experienced traders consider this system to be illogical, impractical and in theory completely unable to make money over time.

It does make you think. But on the other hand there are the results of the last year, including those of the Beta Testers who have found this last couple of weeks to be the first time it's failed like this since they have been trading it in July.

Martin Carter says it's part of the twists and turns the system has seen over 12 months, so I'm back to square one of thinking it's worth following, even if only for 45 days.

It now intrigues me. :)

I couldn't bear another losing day so I closed out on the CAC and made a wait for it... £6 profit! At least I am moving in the right direction... although not quite set and forget mode.