The Apprentice

MrGecko

Suprised not to have found a thread on this already...

Jennifer (the Irish one): Got to go; good at selling but FA else

Jenny (Ginger one): After last nights episode, a bully, and with no discernable business accumen.

Raif: Very good, but where could you fit him into a firm?

Anybody got tips for the winner???

Suprised not to have found a thread on this already...

Jennifer (the Irish one): Got to go; good at selling but FA else

Jenny (Ginger one): After last nights episode, a bully, and with no discernable business accumen.

Raif: Very good, but where could you fit him into a firm?

Anybody got tips for the winner???

Jennifer (Ice Spice): agreed. In previous episode, she was so focussed short-term on clinching the deal, she offered exclusivity for a small chain of cinemas, to the overall detriment of the ice-cream makers themselves. No obvious ability for seeing the "big picture".

Jenny (Ginger Spice): Cards promoting eco-issues! What! Failure for joined-up thinking.

Raif (Smooth Spice): maybe a bit too smooth? has he yet been in a position where he has to face someone and disagree with them? I think he is just good at playing people.
Later episodes will tell.

Claire (Badgerette Spice): her arrogance is her weak point. I wonder if Alan (sorry, Sir Alan!) sees her as the Badger re-incarnated? Although she's a bit selfish, and tends not to listen to others. I reckon she has best chance of success.

Sara (Mousey Spice): no real talent expressed so far. Doesnt fight her corner. Also-ran.

Lee McQueen (Macho Spice): tough talking, but just shouts when things dont go his way. One-trick pony.

Michael (Shouty Spice): too over-wrought.

Lucinda (Waste-of-Space Spice): WTF does she actually do? unless she is in charge, she has no discernible skills. (she cant handle a computer, blah, blah, blah, talks about skill-sets. But she has no talent for taking on new situations. Good at excuses. VERY weak.

Love this show. (esp The App: You're Fired with Adrian Chiles; very funny)

EDIT: the final will be between Raef and Claire.

Disagree re: Lucinda

Gives the impression she's a dotty old bint in order to appear non-threatening. I think in an organisation of normal people, not ego-maniacs, she would be an asset I'd want to protect. Leads without anyone noticing.

re: Badger... good but not great. Did very well at giving her team mates enough rope to hang themselves @ the expense of the task.

Sara... who? (in fairness, her greeting card idea wasn't actually that bad. At least religious holidays are reccurring and gonna be around for a while longer!)

Michael: Schoolboy, and not a particularly bright one at that.

I've analysed the charts, also checked various buy/sell pressures and......
Helene and Lucinda are the weakest and should be simultaneously shorted immediately.
Longs are Raef, Lee and Sara .
Watch.........
Richard

I've analysed the charts, also checked various buy/sell pressures and......
Helene and Lucinda are the weakest and should be simultaneously shorted immediately.
Longs are Raef, Lee and Sara .
Watch.........
Richard

LOL! Excellent

The Apprentice, one of the most popular programmes on TV at the moment celebrates
the true Machiavellian purpose - the end justifies the means - at any cost of ethics and morals; the deception and manipulation of others for personal gain. (Sound familiar?)

The participants are from what I call The Lost Generation. Lost because they come from the generation when for probably the first time in history they had everything given to them on a plate, were deified as children and know the price of everything and the value of nothing. Now these over-cosseted and spoilt unfortunates full of self importance and false expectation have to face the real world and think for themselves.

The result is The Apprentice.

I can only watch the last 15 minutes - summing-up and firings. They are always, and always will be, ego-centric wnkers with little skill and even less personality. The blokes are the worst - a shower of t0ssers. The Indian guy isn't too bad though. And the Indian girl is really sweet.

The guy that got fired last night - he got off easy. If I was Sir Alan I'd take him up in the chopper and dump him from a great height onto Canary Wharf. Then I'd give him a good kicking just to make sure. Then dump in the Thames weighted down. Then dredge him up in a month and give him another good kicking. I think Alan Sugar is really good.

However, I think many of you guys read too many popular business books from the 80's.

Grant.

I can only watch the last 15 minutes - summing-up and firings. They are always, and always will be, ego-centric wnkers with little skill and even less personality. The blokes are the worst - a shower of t0ssers. The Indian guy isn't too bad though. And the Indian girl is really sweet.

The guy that got fired last night - he got off easy. If I was Sir Alan I'd take him up in the chopper and dump him from a great height onto Canary Wharf. Then I'd give him a good kicking just to make sure. Then dump in the Thames weighted down. Then dredge him up in a month and give him another good kicking. I think Alan Sugar is really good.

However, I think many of you guys read too many popular business books from the 80's.

Grant.

brilliant. LOL. :LOL::LOL:

of course, you could throw him UP out of the chopper, and slice and dice him on the way down.
but not nearly as fun as your suggestion.

You don't mean books like "In Search of Excellence" by Tom Peters ?

Paul

Paul,

Brilliant. But also sad. Wasn't "Go For It", "The 60-minute Harvard MBA", other examples? My brain's gone to sleep - can't remember anymore. Maybe others can.

Trendie,

What about that little outburst of delight from one of the blokes on the winning team in Alan's office?
Alan should have said to him, "you may be on the winning team but get the fck out of my office, now and don't come back - ever.

Mr Gecko,

Jilly Cooper is only read by Archers (Ambridge) fans and women who aspire to be snotty. Which are you, Sir?

Grant.

I'm serious.
I have my own mental powers PLUS the futurology I sucked out of SOCRATES' (note the judicious use of the catastrophe apostrophe...took me a whole nanosecond to figure out) brain (sorry I only left him a wobbling amorphous mass of dicsonnected neurones, which is why he hasn't been able to post again) PLUS I have just watched "Heroes" and drained all their powers.
I am now in a position to clarify the future, (it's not totally certain since Alan Sugar's brain is essentially fundamentalist but with some technical indicators leavened with Chaos Theory and Fuzzy Logic). Just like the market really.
Anyway, you need to trade a divergent double pair trade, long Raef and Lee, short (VERY SHORT and before next Wednesday) Helene and Lucinda. A small long trade on Sara and Jenny C, but the plan is to take profits very quickly on those two as their momentum is already weakening.
Once you've cashed your profits on the shorts Helene and Lucinda next Wednesday, don't open any new positions but let your profits run on Raef and Lee. Reduce position size on them two weeks before the end to lock in some profits.
I'm serious.
Richard

Last edited:
Having read the exit interview from Kevin and having watched his posture and listened to and observed his leadership style, it is my view that he is ideally suited to a career in ............well banking :)

Paul

Well Mr Charts. You were stopped out on Jenny, but your Sara position may have just experienced some institutional buying....will you be selling into the rally?

Blimey, that Alan Sugar's brain is hard to penetrate. I knew he was going to fire two people last night and they would both be women, but he obviously changed his mind from H & L
Raef, Lee and Sara still in and Jenny C out.

Last edited:
Damn! One of my bets for finalists, Raef gets the chop.

The "Atishu" tissues campaign had a picture of a woman blowing her nose on the box, which Lucinda found disgusting.

Just as well they werent given the brief to sell toilet-rolls.

Damn! One of my bets for finalists, Raef gets the chop.

Why are you surprised as it is well known that AS has a huge dislike of anyone who is well educated or comes across as being a bit posh. On previous series he always sacks those who are like this and I remember one guy who had won every task prior to one and at the first opportunity got rid of him for no reason at all. On day one I knew Raef would be history before the show even really got started for this very reason.

Paul

Why are you surprised as it is well known that AS has a huge dislike of anyone who is well educated or comes across as being a bit posh. On previous series he always sacks those who are like this and I remember one guy who had won every task prior to one and at the first opportunity got rid of him for no reason at all. On day one I knew Raef would be history before the show even really got started for this very reason.

Paul

Good point well made - that other tw*t who acts like a lapdog towards Raef has a list of mistakes as long as his arm and is still there, but Raef is fired for his first gaffe (maybe apart from fish pricing!). The toff-hater strikes again!